PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe they actually announced the PC version

jjknap
06-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Seems like the PC players are always an after-thought with Ubi not saying if a PC version is coming until the last second.....Thanks for announcing the PC version. Please release it at the same time as the console.

Cortexian
06-16-2015, 10:24 PM
As a hardcore PC-only gamer, I can confirm that we communicated almost all of the big issues that gamers always request to the dev team. We talked to the pc optimization lead, and he was very receptive.

Hopefully this game will have a fantastic PC version.

Tengg-Eri
06-16-2015, 10:40 PM
yup, wonder what engine it is on...
hope not some outdated yeti another upgrade... ;)

ITK5
06-16-2015, 10:46 PM
As a hardcore PC-only gamer, I can confirm that we communicated almost all of the big issues that gamers always request to the dev team. We talked to the pc optimization lead, and he was very receptive.

Hopefully this game will have a fantastic PC version.

Blah Blah Blah...PC..Blah Blah
j/k
Yea the PC Gamers had us outnumbered 6-2...well Shotcha is both PC & Console.
So maybe 5.5-2.5
Not to worry Ubi has you covered PC guys.

Console FTW!
Side note: Funny seeing PC gamers use controllers. they look like fish out of water.

Wolfmeister1010
06-17-2015, 03:35 AM
I assume this game will be developed with DX12 in mind.

To be honest, consoles are a bit ahead of PCs in software. That is why many times games look very similar across platforms, with PC mostly having resolution and framerate advantages.

With DX12, I think we will start to get PC games that truly look a ton better than the console ports

Cortexian
06-19-2015, 07:53 AM
yup, wonder what engine it is on...
hope not some outdated yeti another upgrade... ;)
I'm trying to find out if we can communicate information about the game engine to you guys.

Please understand that all if us that saw Wildlands in Paris are under an incredibly strict Non-Disclosure Agreement. I want to tell you guys everything, but I want to keep Ubisoft happy with the level of information we are passing along even more. That way, maybe I can help contribute more community feedback to them directly in the future for all of us!

So hang tight on this one.

RedKnight5
06-19-2015, 06:59 PM
We know EA/DICE started bragging early on, about their Frostbite 2 engine for BF3 and then their Frostbite 3 game engine for BF4. They had that information in our faces in almost every article about those games. And the Frostbite, as well as the Unreal Engines are pretty impressive as to what they can do! Those engines can really push a console's or PC's hardware to the max at times. But when it works... it's pretty outstanding!

It would be interesting to see or read, just how UbiSoft is developing their Rainbow6 Siege and GR Wildlands games. Maybe a "Behind the Scenes" article from the developers how they are producing these games and what to look forward to.

You always want to keep your customers up-to-date with something special to look forward to now and then!

We saw the Rainbow6 Siege Alpha graphics... and they were... OK. I'm sure the Beta game graphics will be much better, as we are only 4 months from that games release. What was more surprising... was the level of detail of the game graphics for GR Wildlands and it's more than a year away from GRW's release! I believe we saw some real game play in the E3 video as well as some computer generated movie film. But the graphics were outstanding! I wonder if Rainbow6 Siege and GR Wildlands, are being developed on the same game engine? I doubt they are.

Cortexian
06-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Yes. Rainbow Six Siege already looks waaaay better than the Alpha. I've been told that the Alpha didn't have its lighting finished at all when it was online for us, so that really impacted how the environments looked.

The two new maps we played at E3 - Consulate and the Shoot House - looked fantastic in comparison. When the beta comes out, and then when the game releases I'm sure it will look MUCH better than in the alpha.

Ghost Recon Wildlands looks exactly like what you saw in the gameplay portions of the trailer. That was all capture in-game, it's not pre-rendered "in-engine" footage like what EA showed with Star Wars Battlefront prior to E3. When we played Wildlands in Paris, it looked exactly like what you saw in the trailer and it was incredible to behold the landscape that the team at Ubisoft Paris has constructed.

I was initially skeptical that WIldlands wouldn't handle forests and dense foliage very well, because most of what we've seen so far has been in the mountains / desert / salt flats. However just look at this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/vmBNH0T.png

Cortexian
06-20-2015, 06:26 AM
Good, don't pre-order! I highly advise most gamers not to pre-order games unless there's some kind of bonus item that they really really want. It's just personal principal, but IMO you shouldn't pay for a product before being able to do ample research on it and make an informed decision on if the product is right for you. Any kind of serious purchase I make is backed with research before I send money anywhere.

Don't pre-order. Buy the game after it's released and you have some time to read some reviews and thoughts from fellow gamers.