PDA

View Full Version : direction finder installation

Theoderik
02-29-2004, 04:01 AM
For the whole realism of the simulation and because online they often use "nightmaps" it would be helpful and of better realism, if we had direction finder installations, "Peilsender" which have been used in reality at that time. Like for example the "Oboe"-System, using a sound that is sent out constantly. If you are on the right course it gives a certain sound. If you divert from that course, the sound changes, so you always know which heading to take.
Such technics have been used in reality.
Cant that also be included in a good flightsim like FB ? Microsoft flightsimulater has it,(ILS-landingsystem) that means its possible to include it in the software, moreover as we do not need a technically so much advanced system like todays ILS.
For the realism of the sim I would say that`s a must. For those who better like a shooters game it could be switched off, like all the other realism options as well.
Tell me what you think about that ? !

Theoderik
02-29-2004, 04:01 AM
For the whole realism of the simulation and because online they often use "nightmaps" it would be helpful and of better realism, if we had direction finder installations, "Peilsender" which have been used in reality at that time. Like for example the "Oboe"-System, using a sound that is sent out constantly. If you are on the right course it gives a certain sound. If you divert from that course, the sound changes, so you always know which heading to take.
Such technics have been used in reality.
Cant that also be included in a good flightsim like FB ? Microsoft flightsimulater has it,(ILS-landingsystem) that means its possible to include it in the software, moreover as we do not need a technically so much advanced system like todays ILS.
For the realism of the sim I would say that`s a must. For those who better like a shooters game it could be switched off, like all the other realism options as well.
Tell me what you think about that ? !

CARBONFREEZE
03-01-2004, 12:17 AM
There is already a direction finder and radio pathway indicator in the He-111.

Russian aircraft require skill to fly.
German aircraft require ten times that skill, and one hundred times the patience!

If guns are responsible for crime, my keyboard must be responsible for my spelling!

WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ on HyperLobby

http://www.pbase.com/image/25987401/medium.jpg
P-38 "Little Butch" Shemya, Alaska