PDA

View Full Version : Mission Mate Utility worthy of download. Check it out.



RickRuski
07-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Congratulations CrazySchmidt for a well presented utility that I am sure that everyone
who tries it will enjoy. I find that it will definitely replace quick mission builder for my use as it is far more flexible with more options. I hope it gets the response to keep the upgrades coming.

RickRuski.

RickRuski
07-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Congratulations CrazySchmidt for a well presented utility that I am sure that everyone
who tries it will enjoy. I find that it will definitely replace quick mission builder for my use as it is far more flexible with more options. I hope it gets the response to keep the upgrades coming.

RickRuski.

woofiedog
07-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Is there a Link??? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

RickRuski
07-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Woofiedog,
Yes, Check out Crazy schmidt's post this forum.
It can be downloaded from Netwings Utilities
with the link on CrazySchmidt's post.

RickRuski

wayno7777
07-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Here's the link, Woofie. http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Utilities/

http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/wayno77/FB%20shots/Aircraft/heinkel_219.jpg
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

Waldo.Pepper
07-07-2004, 12:05 AM
OK, I have tried Mission Mate.

I have seen the future and it is Mission Mate. You ALL have to try this. It is really REALLY nice. I am very enthusiastic about this app.

Thank you Crazy Schmidt.

Cajun76
07-07-2004, 01:12 AM
I would try it, but I have FB AEP installed in another drive. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Looks good, though, thanks for the hard work. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Good hunting,
Cajun76

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cajun76/p47nh.jpg
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

woofiedog
07-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Thank's http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
I'll give it a try after work. The new update for Uber Demon is also out... so it's going to be a busy Morning.
Again Thank's for the Link!

Bluedog72
07-07-2004, 01:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cajun76:
I would try it, but I have FB AEP installed in another drive. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Looks good, though, thanks for the hard work. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Definately the type of util. that interests me, but I have FB on D drive.
I would guess that I am not alone in keeping the C:/ directories as clear as possible apart from system stuff....any chance of the 'must be in default directory' restriction being changed?

CrazySchmidt
07-07-2004, 02:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cajun76:
I would try it, but I have FB AEP installed in another drive. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Looks good, though, thanks for the hard work. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Good hunting,
Cajun76

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cajun76/p47nh.jpg
What if there were no hypothetical questions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The default Forgotten Battles installation directory is something I thought most users would be using. If there is enough interest with Mission Mate for alternative installation locations I will address this in the next update.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."

Waldo.Pepper
07-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Dear Crazy Schmidt

Lots of people have IL2 in a non standard location.

I think this is your programs single biggest shortcomming.... and I think it should be addressed.

JAS_Gripen
07-07-2004, 02:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Dear Crazy Schmidt

Lots of people have IL2 in a non standard location.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite so. I like to keep C:\ for system only and use D:\ for applications and E:\ for misc. data.

PinkPriest
07-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Looks good, can't try it because of the directory.

Can't be too hard to include a .ini file where you can specify the path where IL2 is installed, even if you don't read it from the registry.

Personally, I don't know anybody who installs programs, especially games, in their default directory on C:

Cajun76
07-07-2004, 03:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazySchmidt:


The default Forgotten Battles installation directory is something I thought most users would be using. If there is enough interest with Mission Mate for alternative installation locations I will address this in the next update.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm probably not typical, as I have 450Gb spread over 3 physical drives and 10 virtual drives, but many people, as posted by others, keep such things as games, pics, vids and other programs on a separate drive.

I learned this valuable lesson with my first PC, when I had to reformat and lost everything. Now, I simply reinstall Windows, while my pics, vids, and games can remain intact. If you could modify your installation to allow for this, that would be great. Again, thank you for all your hard work.

Good hunting,
Cajun76

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cajun76/p47nh.jpg
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

SUPERAEREO
07-07-2004, 03:16 AM
I have partitioned my drive so that my programs are on G:/ and it looks like a lot of people here have a similiar arrangement.

Any chance of a quick modification to the installer? Don't quite fancy renaming al my drives...

Gripen, what's that in your avatar? Reminds me a bit of Vaxholm...

S!


"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down." - Chuck Yaeger

"Ja, Hunde, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" - Friedrich der Große

"Timeo Danaos, et dona ferentes" - *neid

plumps_
07-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Also consider that only English language versions of Windows use the name 'Program Files'. In my German installation it's called 'Programme' and I'm sure that there are many more languages with different names for the program folder.

"C:\Program Files" is NOT everybody's default directory.

-----------------------------------
http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/stulogo-banner.jpg (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/)
My Missions (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/missionen-en.html)

PF_Coastie
07-07-2004, 04:04 AM
"NOTE: Forgotten Battles must be installed in the default "C:\Program Files" directory or Mission Mate
will not operate."

Yeah, Thats a bummer. I would like to try it. The path needs to be adjustable.

PF_Coastie

Coasties Place (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/coastie0/)

CATALYST 4.2 OGL (http://home.earthlink.net/~bmcoastie/atioglxx.zip)

Coasties FB and ATI settings (http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/coastie0/IL2setup.html)
http://home.earthlink.net/~bmcoastie/images/FS_SIG.jpg
Click here to find out more about FIGHTER SWEEPS 2 (http://663blacktigers.net/FS2index.html)


OFFICIAL ATI BETA TESTER

CrazySchmidt
07-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Ok, it seems the installation location is something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

I am going on holiday for the next 5 days, when I get back I will fix this problem and post an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."

ednavar
07-07-2004, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PinkPriest:
Looks good, can't try it because of the directory.

Can't be too hard to include a .ini file where you can specify the path where IL2 is installed, even if you don't read it from the registry.

Personally, I don't know anybody who installs programs, especially games, in their default directory on C:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is one! Hope it has added something to your day http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

S!

BuzZz_WG
07-07-2004, 04:37 AM
Out of curiousity: are you a professional software developer creating this for the community in your spare time, or are you programming as a hobby?

From what I've seen in the manual the utility is an amazing piece of software, although I have my IL-2 installation in a different folder and can't run it.

BREAK! BREAK!
Nevermind...

Bearcat99
07-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Is thisa like another UQMG? It sure sounds like it.... Ill give it a shot though.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/bookstore/tuskegeebondposter.jpg (http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html)[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat)[/list]
UDQMG (http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html) | HYPERLOBBY (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/) | Sturmovik Essentials (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=51910959) | MUDMOVERS (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)

IMMERSION BABY!!

JAS_Gripen
07-07-2004, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUPERAEREO:

Gripen, what's that in your avatar? Reminds me a bit of Vaxholm...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the Vyborg Castle (http://www.saint-petersburg.com/vyborg/index.asp) during the last days in 1944 before the russians came. Too bad it does not feature in FB objects.

SUPERAEREO
07-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Thank you Gripen, I thought it looked rather Swedish in style..!

S!



"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down." - Chuck Yaeger

"Ja, Hunde, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" - Friedrich der Große

"Timeo Danaos, et dona ferentes" - *neid

MB_Avro
07-10-2004, 04:21 AM
Myself and fellow MBs have found this to be an excellent piece of creativity !! We've used the 'product' on-line a number of times and shall continue to do so.

How long did it take you to build ?

Thanks
MB_Avro

CrazySchmidt
07-13-2004, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MB_Avro:
Myself and fellow MBs have found this to be an excellent piece of creativity !! We've used the 'product' on-line a number of times and shall continue to do so.

How long did it take you to build ?

Thanks
MB_Avro<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is interesting, because I do not play online myself (56k dial-up), I have not put much thought into the online aspect for Mission Mate. I would be interested to hear more about how you are using it for the online game and how it could be improved in this area.

In answer to "how long did it take to build", roughly about 7 months from the ground up in my spare evenings. Future updates will come much faster now that the foundations have been built and are now in place.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."

MB_Avro
07-13-2004, 09:59 AM
To CrazySchmidt


The 'save to co-operative' option allows the mission to be played online as with any other co-op mission.The only difference is that an extra folder is created named 'misionmate'.All flyable aircraft can be selected by players in the usual way.

There does not appear to be an option to describe the mission for players other than the name of the saved file and this of course is limiting.

I have only created a few simple airstart missions to date but they appear to be well received by players !!

The only improvement I would respectfully ask for is a reduced strength of the 'light AAA' option for bases.As there are many targets on the bases (if populated)....total destruction would be achievable http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks again
MB_Avro

Locust_
07-13-2004, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazySchmidt:
Ok, it seems the installation location is something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

I am going on holiday for the next 5 days, when I get back I will fix this problem and post an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Cool Thx

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v61/AFJ_Locust/p38loco1sig.jpg

L ˜ ӡ ˜

Screaming Insanity

CrazySchmidt
07-13-2004, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MB_Avro:
To CrazySchmidt


The 'save to co-operative' option allows the mission to be played online as with any other co-op mission.The only difference is that an extra folder is created named 'misionmate'.All flyable aircraft can be selected by players in the usual way.

There does not appear to be an option to describe the mission for players other than the name of the saved file and this of course is limiting.

I have only created a few simple airstart missions to date but they appear to be well received by players !!

The only improvement I would respectfully ask for is a reduced strength of the 'light AAA' option for bases.As there are many targets on the bases (if populated)....total destruction would be achievable http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks again
MB_Avro<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MB_Avro

Airbase AA fire is optional and can be turned off all together if you wish. Go to the "Additional Options" window and uncheck "Anti Aircraft Fire". Be sure you uncheck from the correct airbase.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."

Xnomad
07-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Me too all games are on G:\
OS is on C:\
Proggies are on D:\
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://www.xnomad.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sig.jpg

BaldieJr
07-13-2004, 04:32 PM
I tried to use it but the ugly interface was too big for my monitor.

I'm sure the software works perfectly fine, but I have to complain about the interface. Why does every damned piece of software ever written for the IL2 series looks like crud?