PDA

View Full Version : About X45 rotaries

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Hello!

So far I cannot program both rotaries. In fact I can only program (to trim) only the right one (to the thumb) and the second one, though it does respond to tests (so it is working) cannot be programmed for anything.
Why is this so?
I'm using the original drivers on a win98se pc.
Thanks,

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Hello!

So far I cannot program both rotaries. In fact I can only program (to trim) only the right one (to the thumb) and the second one, though it does respond to tests (so it is working) cannot be programmed for anything.
Why is this so?
I'm using the original drivers on a win98se pc.
Thanks,

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 10:45 AM
They can be programmed, i have the front one done for trim and the side one for pitch, thing with them though is you wind on some trim and it takes a second or so to start responding, its not instant...

on the throttle unit, ( and these are my preffered choices) i have

elev trim neg set at joybutton 17

elev trim pos set at joybutton 15

elev trim left set at joybutton 18

elev trim right set at joybutton 16

i use the big button D as gear up down set as joy button 5

on the front of the stick to the right of the rudder bar which is hat button 3 i have that set to

on the left right rocking motion

left eng joybutton 22

right eng joy button 20

on the up down rocking motion

flaps up joybutton 19

flaps down joy button 21

on the mouse cursor control i have

cockpit view joybutton 23

external view joy button 26

flyby view joybutton 25

and on the push button besides it

the mouse fire button

toggle cockpit view ie out and gunsite joy button 6

these are all set with the default keyboard commands used as well so i can use both,

if you want all my other set up for the joystick ones answer here and i will post them, i have the twin engs set like that as it helps turning to open up one side and also in combat you can increase the turning rate of the bombers

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 10:51 AM
You need the latest drivers which you can find on the saitek website, and then you will have both rotaries. There is no fix except new drivers. The old version on the distributed cd is bugged, hence replaced.