PDA

View Full Version : Heroes VII Towns & Buildings (Suggestion)

bleuRay
06-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Hi guys,

I've been a long time fan of HOMM and I've played every single one of them so far..

After watching some gameplay from the beta, I have a suggestion to make about the towns & buildings.

So you know in older Heroes, when you build something new, you can always see it appear (w/ a fade-in effect) on the main town screen. In recent Heroes, it has been a little harder to notice this since the town screens are in 3D view.
With Heroes VII, you guys are going back to the classic 2D (yay!) town screens, so this would be a very good time to re-introduce this effect again. Why? It gives players a better sense of progression when they see empty land filling up with buildings before their very eyes, or a once-small building becoming a bigger, grander building.

Instead of the current system you guys have now, which is going to the build menu > click build > exit menu > building is magically there. Like, what? Did anything change there? Sometimes I don't know where to look for the new building at all. This current system does not give me a sense of progression at all.

So, here is my thoughts and suggestion. I prefer the older system of buildings fading in (doesn't have to be fade effect, you guys can get creative), but important point is to see where the building appear and how it changes the landscape with your own eyes.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if I'm unclear (questions welcome) or if this has been posted before already!

BTW, I like the direction of Heroes VII so far so keep it up! Looking forward to playing it soon.

GMnemonic
06-11-2015, 09:47 PM
that is true, but appart from having an effect they just should redo the entire townscreens completely in 3d

cdiMaster
06-16-2015, 01:17 PM
#bleuRay : I agree with you.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi bleuRay and welcome to the forums, thank you for your suggestion.

dpw011275
06-22-2015, 04:27 PM
that is true, but appart from having an effect they just should redo the entire townscreens completely in 3d

and make the Hero screen 3D as well. Where is the fun if you cant see your hero progress visually.

disturbed338
06-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Would also be good to have a building that generally increases the number of units per week (similar to the Well in Heroes 2).
A +1 to all creatures per week would be great for champion units, they are currently a bit underpowered...

I like the individual growth boost buildings, as they offer more tactical options...but please consider this as well...

feidet1
07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Just think screens Towns need to be improved.

bigaxd
07-09-2015, 07:31 PM
this is a brilliant idea

Inqubx
07-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Yep the fading would be good as well as the highlighting effect when you hover over the building with your mouse that was in H3, (it shows an outline around the building so you know what your looking at)

broui
07-11-2015, 05:28 PM
I agree with this one.

I don't agree with those advocating for 3d town screens. Spend your limited budget on additional game features, additional factions, additional variables, etc. How pretty a town screen is and the bells and whistle that go with it are cosmetic and unnecessary.