PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the Internet multiplayer demo?? UBISOFT PLEASE RESPOND!!!

XyZspineZyX
03-28-2003, 01:37 PM
I just downloaded the multiplay demo with all the patches.. Beacuse the servers I d/led from timed out a couple of times I ended up using 1/3 of my bandwidth.. Australia is still expensive for broadband.
Now I have it, I installed it, created a user account on ubisoft.com and then got the msg I can't login to play..

Whats going on??

Whats the point of having a demo advertised on your site for download if you can't even play the damn thing...
It's no fun shooting walls.

I have owned Ghost recon for quite a while now and was looking forward to testing this out and getting into it, to create a Sniper clan..
I was going to setup a fulltime server to host too if it was any good.

I guess I am going to have to go back to SOFII and Mandown mod to progress the clan..

Very dissapointed clan leader..

I believed demos existed for a reason.. To try before you buy.

-=USS=- Lt Killa
:0

XyZspineZyX
03-28-2003, 01:37 PM
I just downloaded the multiplay demo with all the patches.. Beacuse the servers I d/led from timed out a couple of times I ended up using 1/3 of my bandwidth.. Australia is still expensive for broadband.
Now I have it, I installed it, created a user account on ubisoft.com and then got the msg I can't login to play..

Whats going on??

Whats the point of having a demo advertised on your site for download if you can't even play the damn thing...
It's no fun shooting walls.

I have owned Ghost recon for quite a while now and was looking forward to testing this out and getting into it, to create a Sniper clan..
I was going to setup a fulltime server to host too if it was any good.

I guess I am going to have to go back to SOFII and Mandown mod to progress the clan..

Very dissapointed clan leader..

I believed demos existed for a reason.. To try before you buy.

-=USS=- Lt Killa
:0

XyZspineZyX
03-31-2003, 12:06 AM
your the first ive heard of this problem.

dont make a generalization that because your copy does work, 5,000,000 others arnt working either, ive had no probs runnining the demo apart from a graphics glitch that occurs 1/10 times i play.

try registering a diff user name, and make sure u use all lower caps, and that your caps lock isnt on.

Message Edited on 03/30/0311:08PM by da_rickster

XyZspineZyX
03-31-2003, 06:51 AM
He's not the only one. Mine doesn't work, and it has the same problem. I registered, and wala...doesn't work. It says the account doesn't exist.

XyZspineZyX
03-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Can somone please help us , ffs i d/l over 200mb for this and now i have created 2 accounts and neither of them can log in. Why the hell not >:|

XyZspineZyX
04-01-2003, 04:28 AM
firewall settings?

are u using the account your using right now to post on this message board?

XyZspineZyX
04-01-2003, 08:37 AM
well....duh .
I found out its a .txt file or somthing that all Australian Optus cable users need to play the demo. ill post it when i get i figure it out.

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 12:51 AM
paste ;

1f0

[Servers]
RouterIP0=gsrouter-mtl1.ubisoft.com
RouterPort0=40000
RouterLauncherPort0=40005
CDKeyServerIP0=gscdkey-mtl1.ubisoft.com
CDKeyServerPort0=44000

[DynamicContent]
RankingURL=http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=%s&ladderid=%s&lan=%s

[Maintenance]
ForgotPasswordURL=http://www.ubi.com/login/forgetpassword.htm?l=%s
GS4ModifyAccountURL=http://www.ubi.com/login/editprofile?username=%s&password=%s&l=%s
GS4UserAccountURL=http://www.ubi.com/US/Login/NewUser.htm?l=%s

into RVS\system\GSRouters.dat . set the file as read only.

XyZspineZyX
04-05-2003, 04:48 AM
I'm having the same problem. When I clicked on Multiplayer and go to Internet Servers and I clicked on register a new account...well I clicked on it and it said that the page doesnt exist (Now thats dependable). Anyways, I clicked on the ubisoft.com link and registered there and it didnt work in the game. I logged off my name on here to be sure and it still didnt work. Whats the deal? I'm really considering buying this game but I have no clue whats the multiplayer is like and thats the main quality I look for in a game. If the multiplayer for the demo is unrealiable, then how am I suppose to expect the actual game to be any better? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
04-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Same Problem Here.
after the massive DL, i enter in my username and password in the Game and after a minute of hanging it says
"error. could not log in to ubi.com"
but i can log in here (to ubi.com web page) just fine.
I would love to see this game, but having a demo that does not work is very, very bad advertising.
Disappointed,
DP3

XyZspineZyX
04-14-2003, 03:57 PM
I think it is that it said that the password you entererd was wrong, than you saved the password wrong the first /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif time, than i dosen't work, you have to re-enter it all the time. Or it is that you open it and that you only see the mouse load a second, /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif that's because the program ubi.com is already opened but unseenable downstairs, i think that is a bug, just like the one with the rankings on the game, some trouble, and some lags. But further it is a great and BEAUTIFUL game, really worth to buy!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
04-15-2003, 12:06 AM
i d0nn0

XyZspineZyX
04-15-2003, 03:03 PM
I had this problem when I first started, I kept logging in, retyping, then made sure captial lock wasn't on, but finally logged in, once you log in, make sure you set it to auto log in for next time, so it does not become a worry,

Vaporus wrote:
- i d0nn0
-
-

Vaporus wrote:
- i d0nn0
-
-

XyZspineZyX
04-20-2003, 04:03 PM
lol guees what.. i have the same problem!!! i do what Sean does and keep loging in but when i do get in i can never play a game.. i watch one person mess around for a bit then it kicks me out.. im on ADSL.

XyZspineZyX
05-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah this is the username i am trying to use. To no avail.
and still no response from ubi about this?
unbelievable.
Well I guess I'll just have to delete it off my hard drive and forget about it. The demo is obviously not working, and ubi simply dont care about the end users. I'll keep that in mind.
dp3

XyZspineZyX
05-07-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm having the same problem as well. Just downloaded the demo, rebooted...still no luck. I play Shadow Bane as well and that user ID and pass works just fine, as does it on the whole ubi website. But in the Raven Shield Multiplayer demo...it no workie.

XyZspineZyX
05-17-2003, 04:39 AM
Another possible theory is that, because the game is now in retail stores with all the multiplayer features and other stuff, there's no reason to have the MP demo working...

XyZspineZyX
05-31-2003, 02:49 PM
MP demo still working and lots of people are still playing.

XyZspineZyX
05-31-2003, 05:41 PM
yay

&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1) var 0=a[i]}o.src=http://www.planetdeusex.com/images/image.asp?/dx2/files/art/dx2_wtoforces.jpg</script?
My specs.
AMD XP 2200+, Geforce 4 Ti 4400, Sound blaster Audigy Platnum, Creative inspire 5.1 speakers, IBM 60 gig, 512 DDR Samsung ram PC 2100, Koolance water cooling sysem.
Yea, better then most.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:47 PM
okay i got the multiplayer demo, and tried to play online and like everybody else i failed. I reonstalled it and patched it and still nothing. it just says connection attempt to ubi failed, then sometimes it says user id in use, so i created a second account, and same thing. WTF. I can log on here just fine. Is the multiplay demo dead or something? This is rediculous. How did other people get it to work?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Iam having troubles with my raven shield mp demo i try to join a game it loads and then it always says "connection error" Iam going to get this game for my birthday /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif but if i cant the demo to work i will assume the real version wont work. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 04:51 AM
mursht1001 wrote:
- Iam having troubles with my raven shield mp demo i
- try to join a game it loads and then it always says
- "connection error" Iam going to get this game for
- my birthday /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif but if i cant the demo
- to work i will assume the real version wont work.
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
-
-

It works, and rocks for multiplayer

<marquee loop="infinite" width=500> <table style="filter:glow[color=green,
strength=5)"><td><a
<font color="orange"> <font size 30> /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif -|--< </font size 30>
the stick fugure <font></a></table>
</marquee></font>

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 07:45 AM
When you register an account on ubi.com you will have to activate it from your email account *******es before it will work. (n00bs)

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 10:57 PM
oh thanks guys now i can play

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 02:25 PM
it says youre account doesnt exist?

maybe you didnt check your e-mail to confirm it..
it=youre account

-----------------------------------------------
Pitty the poor insomniacn dyslexic agnostic. He stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog.-funniest joke of all time.

<a href=http://www.fallen-angels.net/members.asp?divid=58>Fallen
Angels</a>

<a href=http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=fa_death&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=0&y=0>My ladder stats</a>

-----------------------------------------------
Pitty the poor insomniacn dyslexic agnostic. He stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog.-funniest joke of all time.

<a href=http://www.fallen-angels.net/members.asp?divid=58>Fallen
Angels</a>

<a href=http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=fa_death&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=0&y=0>My ladder stats</a>

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 10:10 PM
and only noobs would join a "sniper" clan. thats pretty gay cause everyone would camp/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

http://www3.telus.net/robert/sig4.jpg

Picture form the 33rd ICH Flat water Canoe/kayak world championships./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 04:00 AM
Alrite guys i don't play the demo i got the real game. But here's what you guys do after you guys register. Go int game and login. And also after you sign up on the website i know a lot fo people enter the wrong username or password. The password and usernams are case sensitive. SO make sure to use lower cases. ODFn't use upper cases. Also no spaces in ur user name and password no underscores only numbers and latters in ur password and username.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
THEODORE ROOSEVELT