PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed 3 Deluxe Edition: Benedict Arnold DLC - You can not install

viking-max
06-10-2015, 05:35 AM
Assassin’s Creed 3 Deluxe Edition cannot install the Benedict Arnold DLC

ColdKill18
11-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Same issue. The installer can't detect the version number of the game (probably due to uplay's new install mechanism) and the installation is cancelled.
Really bad, as I can't load any of my saves without the DLC installed!

ColdKill18
12-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I'm happy to announce I found a fix!

Open RegEdit ( 1. Press "Windows-Button" + "R" 2. Enter "regedit" 3. Hit "Enter" and confirm )
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> WOW6432Node -> Ubisoft -> Assassin's Creed 3
Right-click on "Assassin's Creed 3" and select "New>" -> "Key", title the new key "1.06".
On the right side where strings are shown, there should be a "(Default)" string (type REG_SZ).
Double-click on it and enter "1.06" as value, then click on "OK".

Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> WOW6432Node -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> Uninstall
Right-click on "Uninstall" and select "New>" -> "Key", title the new key "{9D15E813-0C26-41E7-ABC5-3EB06FF1B3CF}".
On the right side where strings are shown, right click and select "New>" -> "String".
Title the new string "DisplayVersion".
Double-click on "DisplayVersion" and set the value to "1.06".
Hit "OK and close regedit, now run the DLC Installer.
It should install without any problems, at least it worked for me!

By courtesy of thekingofclubs from tomshardware --> (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/125527-13-cant-patch-assassin-creed)