PDA

View Full Version : Dud SC bombs online!

polkku
05-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Again some defects of German bombs. I have noticed in online dogfights and coops, that sometimes SC500, SC1800 and SC2000 do no damage at all to ground objects (propably this affects all SC bombs). Most often this happens if you use delay. I'm talking about a good hit with cars and tanks within 5 meters form the bomb hit and no damage at all. There's a good blast, all the buildings are destroyed but no effect on cars or tanks. Also in few occasions there has been an airborne aircraft in the blast radius and it was damaged/destroyed, but when I zoomed at the tanks they were intact (few meters from the SC1800 hit). Clearly this is a bug. I don't know if it is due to packet loss or something else, but it is worth looking into.

polkku
05-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Again some defects of German bombs. I have noticed in online dogfights and coops, that sometimes SC500, SC1800 and SC2000 do no damage at all to ground objects (propably this affects all SC bombs). Most often this happens if you use delay. I'm talking about a good hit with cars and tanks within 5 meters form the bomb hit and no damage at all. There's a good blast, all the buildings are destroyed but no effect on cars or tanks. Also in few occasions there has been an airborne aircraft in the blast radius and it was damaged/destroyed, but when I zoomed at the tanks they were intact (few meters from the SC1800 hit). Clearly this is a bug. I don't know if it is due to packet loss or something else, but it is worth looking into.

polkku
05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Here you see what happened to Sherman tanks after I hit them with SC1000 using 0 delay. No effect at all.
http://www.leosk.org/SCT/galleria/93282476.jpg
It's from a night mission, but you can see the crater and the Sherman standing in it. I think a 1000kg bomb should have had atleast some effect. Or are US tanks really that ├╝ber?