PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Arcade...

TheJoyStick
08-11-2004, 07:34 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069300677110&skuId=6236968&type=product

I purchased one of those today along with "Kill Switch" for the PC. I figured, y'know, since I got kinda good with the Saitek Smart Technology (SST) programming software, I might as well mess around with this one a bit.. Right?

Well, I did this and that, created a profile, and bound my most used IL2 keys (now, I admit, POV keys were left out, since twisting two joysticks with my thumbs would leave the D-pad completely unusable, so, that's a problem, but oh well)

Anyway, long story shortened a bit, I configged my gamepad to what my Il2 Joystick was set to for the most part, and what do you know...

I loaded up an MP game, and after a bit of figuring out, and adjusting to the gamepad, I was up turning with the best of them. My gunnery was actually BETTER with the gamepad than with the joystick, if that's not the craziest thing you ever heard.

I like this little bugger. It's fun, I can do all basic keyboard functions from 12 feet away while laying on my bed, and it's got cool rumble features, too, so those 30mm cannons going off have a real life interaction device atleast attempting to bring more realism to the game.

Excellent buy, but be weary, it's a pain in the bum to get used to.

TheJoyStick
08-11-2004, 07:34 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069300677110&skuId=6236968&type=product

I purchased one of those today along with "Kill Switch" for the PC. I figured, y'know, since I got kinda good with the Saitek Smart Technology (SST) programming software, I might as well mess around with this one a bit.. Right?

Well, I did this and that, created a profile, and bound my most used IL2 keys (now, I admit, POV keys were left out, since twisting two joysticks with my thumbs would leave the D-pad completely unusable, so, that's a problem, but oh well)

Anyway, long story shortened a bit, I configged my gamepad to what my Il2 Joystick was set to for the most part, and what do you know...

I loaded up an MP game, and after a bit of figuring out, and adjusting to the gamepad, I was up turning with the best of them. My gunnery was actually BETTER with the gamepad than with the joystick, if that's not the craziest thing you ever heard.

I like this little bugger. It's fun, I can do all basic keyboard functions from 12 feet away while laying on my bed, and it's got cool rumble features, too, so those 30mm cannons going off have a real life interaction device atleast attempting to bring more realism to the game.

Excellent buy, but be weary, it's a pain in the bum to get used to.