PDA

View Full Version : Request: A simple mission making tool.

John_Stag
07-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Would it be possible to add an invisible obstacle (which could be passed through by live pilots but not AI) to the game with a countdown timer to despawn?

I believe it would help in the creation of realistic improvised airfields, and have the aircraft take off more "haphazardly" as in a scramble, for example.

Just a thought. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>:Corporal! Where are you taking those vultures?

Corporal: Officers to the mess, NCO's to the Guardroom, Sir!

:Like hell you are, they're responsible for all this, get them to clean it up!

Corporal: But what about the officers, Sir?

:Give 'em a bloody shovel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John_Stag
07-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Would it be possible to add an invisible obstacle (which could be passed through by live pilots but not AI) to the game with a countdown timer to despawn?

I believe it would help in the creation of realistic improvised airfields, and have the aircraft take off more "haphazardly" as in a scramble, for example.

Just a thought. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>:Corporal! Where are you taking those vultures?

John_Stag
07-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Bump. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

John_Stag
07-16-2004, 01:34 AM
One more time.

Flygflottilj16_Sulan
07-16-2004, 08:30 PM
I don´t fully understand what it is, why it would be... or what you mean it would be useful for

John_Stag
07-17-2004, 01:19 AM
There's a technique for getting the AI on the ground away from the runway, for example on an "Improvised" airstrip. I believe it was originally developed so that ground eyecandy could wear custom skins. If that's the case, the inventor missed a trick.

When an AI starts away from the runway, the engine kicks off, and aircraft takes off in the direction he's facing unless there's an aircraft in the way, in which case, the AI just sits there with the engine running until the obstructing aircraft is removed, one way or other.

We're using it among our squad to do large-scale scramble takeoffs, for example, but setting up a series of obstructing aircraft which disappear one by one is to say the least, complcated, and can look a bit too contrived.

It would be far easier if we could place an object in front of the aircraft which would disappear on a selectable countdown and leave the AI free to take off, but the obstruction should be a logical one, rather than physiscal, so that a human pilot would have the option of taxiing straight off if they wanted.

I hope that explains the tool that I'm looking for.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif