PDA

View Full Version : IL2FB Patch 1.1b is simply not to be believed?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:10 PM
I downloaded the 1.1b patch from a link provided on the German forum so have every reason to believe it is the authentic/official patch? Didn't any of the prior testers try to make a gear up landing? I've bellied in with several of aircraft at speeds over 500 km/h. No offense to Mr. Maddox and his development team but the result is ludicrous! Sound is still *ucked up also. The new FX are OK though. IL2FB will need another patch for sure.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:10 PM
I downloaded the 1.1b patch from a link provided on the German forum so have every reason to believe it is the authentic/official patch? Didn't any of the prior testers try to make a gear up landing? I've bellied in with several of aircraft at speeds over 500 km/h. No offense to Mr. Maddox and his development team but the result is ludicrous! Sound is still *ucked up also. The new FX are OK though. IL2FB will need another patch for sure.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure I understand your issue. Do you not want to be able to belly in?

Sorry, it's just unclear.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:55 PM
I think, if anyone came barreling in at 300MPH, they wouldn't expect to have a nice, soft landing...

--
Surgeon General

Executive Officer 56th Fighter Group
61st Fighter Squadron
Zemke's Wolfpack
CAVE TONITRUM

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:57 PM
I think he is saying that a belly landing at 500KMH is un-realistic.

I tend to agree.

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (44.03)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Thunderbolt56 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your issue. Do you not
want to be able to belly in?
Sorry, it's just unclear.

As much as the flight model is hyped in the game I just think it's unrealistic to smack the ground at such high speed then be able to lower the landing gear and make a "normal" landing. Granted not evey time in every aircraft I've tried but 8 or 9 times out of ten I can do this. I know dam well I'm not that good. BTW I sorted out the sound issues so that part of the game seems to be improved with the patch.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:24 PM
I think you're referring to the damage modelling not the flight modelling, unless you refer to "ground effect".

Look at it this way, you can't have everything modelled, as much as I agree with your original statement. Wait till Oleg's next sim and maybe we'll have more important issues like high altitude, compression, and such as well as more realistic damage on belly-ins.

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:27 PM
akatoha wrote:
- I downloaded the 1.1b patch from a link provided on
- the German forum so have every reason to believe it
- is the authentic/official patch? Didn't any of the
- prior testers try to make a gear up landing? I've
- bellied in with several of aircraft at speeds over
- 500 km/h. No offense to Mr. Maddox and his
- development team but the result is ludicrous! Sound
- is still *ucked up also. The new FX are OK though.
- IL2FB will need another patch for sure.
-

Can you say "open beta" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:30 PM
It all depends on the angle, and related to that, the rate of descent.

There's no reason you can't skip off the ground at 300mph if you just barely glance across the surface. It'll most likely kill your engine, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could lower the gear afterward.

I've found IL-2 and FB to be pretty good about that sort of thing, actually. I've skipped off the water with no damage before, occasionally I've done the same on a hill. Most of the time I'll just crash unless it was the barest of hits, and sometimes I've lost bits of my plane to the ground but managed to fly on (for a little while at least) and get it back to base.

You may be moving at 500kph, but if you just barely touch the ground, you don't have 500kph of force behind the hit.

Hunter82
08-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Nope I don't think it's a concept they can understand....scream for it yes....given it? scream lol
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Can you say "open beta"

<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">Hunter82 wrote:
"I did not have technical relations with that question"
[/i]</FONT>
<center> Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>