PDA

View Full Version : How can I fix my rudder position?

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:15 AM
I'm having problems with my Wingman jstick and the rudder keeps moving to one side eventhough I just barely set my hand on the stick and don't even turn it. I've tried setting the sensitivity and other calibration settings but with no luck. Is there anyway to just disable rudder control? Or at least minimize the range? (Although I've even tried to limit that in calibratio0n setting with no luck.) This problem is ruining my flying because it severely hampers my aircraft speed and direction.

THx

Message Edited on 06/29/0301:15AM by AgentQ16

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:15 AM
I'm having problems with my Wingman jstick and the rudder keeps moving to one side eventhough I just barely set my hand on the stick and don't even turn it. I've tried setting the sensitivity and other calibration settings but with no luck. Is there anyway to just disable rudder control? Or at least minimize the range? (Although I've even tried to limit that in calibratio0n setting with no luck.) This problem is ruining my flying because it severely hampers my aircraft speed and direction.

THx

Message Edited on 06/29/0301:15AM by AgentQ16

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 03:15 AM
go to hotas controls and "assign rudder" and move the stick

if you do it twice it will unassign it

Message Edited on 06/29/0302:16AM by WTE_Galway

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 03:24 AM
The problem you're experiencing is common to Wingman sticks. I had the same problem and would have to "flick" the twist handle several times to get it to work. But it would always go back and act up.

In another thread I mentioned that I'm getting the stick replaced because the spring went in it too.

When I was talking to the Logitech support person on the phone, he said that installing DirectX 9 should help with the rudder problem, but I think it's the pot, not software.
I would suggest you call them and complain. When the sticks work, they're great, but the components are crap.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~jkinley/rcafpost.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Test sorry.

Message Edited on 06/29/0302:34AM by Silentscm