PDA

View Full Version : Eder Gira - What are Brain Trees?

SecondMelody
01-14-2004, 11:02 AM
uhhhh....what do they look like? And any hints about catching those fireflies would be helpful, too. This ain't easy but it IS fun.

SecondMelody

I THOUGHT I had some brains, after Riven and Myst..but, geeeezzzz...this is hard.

SecondMelody
01-14-2004, 11:02 AM
uhhhh....what do they look like? And any hints about catching those fireflies would be helpful, too. This ain't easy but it IS fun.

SecondMelody

I THOUGHT I had some brains, after Riven and Myst..but, geeeezzzz...this is hard.

Guiun_
01-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Talk about hard. The "brain trees" (which look like big brains on tree trunks...with dangling chimes) are actually in Eder Kemo - where it tends to rain. Often. The lava place is Eder Gira. Though how you're supposed to know that in the single player game we have yet to discover. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ah. The fireflies. They aren't scared of you. Walk right up to them! But, they are very picky. Most are very flighty, but a few are of a hardier stock, and will forgive one "mistake."

*is terrible at firefly hints*

CK9
01-14-2004, 05:20 PM
let me just say this: prepare to get frustrated!

As for the names, you can find out by the notebook in Rahlo (or is it an 'e'? Where did I put that hilt design?)

B'tsahv tsavahn, b'khen shoo f'mehros.
http://www.xfir.net/ck9/images/other/signature/sig.jpg

jesster777
01-14-2004, 06:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SecondMelody:

SecondMelody

I THOUGHT I had some brains, after Riven and Myst..but, geeeezzzz...this is hard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my suggestion is ... take baby steps first.. you much first learn how to walk before you can run. i spent a few minutes in eder kemo checking out what those flys like and dislike. after time i was able to learn a lot of things they could tollerate. eder kemo has all the same elements in it that eder gira has that you can test stickyness of flys with.

SecondMelody
01-14-2004, 07:24 PM
I gotta tell ya..My BIGGEST problem is RUNNING JUMPS...now, my 18 year old son has been GAMING his entire life...so I get him to help me...but, man, I am 46...a pretty good guitar player...but this LARA CROFT stuff is harrrrrrrd.

I am trying several ways to grab that Relto page of the ledge...in Eder whatever (the second one).

I actually get PHYSICALLY tired trying to do this.

SecondMelody
"I'm not tense. I'm just terribly, terribly alert."

SilentObserver
01-16-2004, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am trying several ways to grab that Relto page of the ledge...in Eder whatever (the second one).

I actually get PHYSICALLY tired trying to do this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is, IMO, the hardest action in the entire offline game (harder even, for me, than the [unofficial] balcony jump); much harder than any of the jumps in Gahreesen, which have fairly wide tolerances in space even if some are rather tight on timing. I never have gotten up there via the rock everyone else used; I wedged in between the small puffer and the end of the ledge, and then just ran and jumped a lot until I found a slightly higher wedge, and then ran and jumped some more and (possibly with some help when the plant puffed) eventually got up on the ledge -- and haven't been able to do it again, even to show it's possible.

It probably took me a half hour of solid trying to get that page (but it might as easily have been an hour -- it's easy to lose track of time in the Ages because the day cycles aren't like the one we're used to).

On Katran as Image Maker
KI # 00133293

I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954