PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby

aero6
03-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Last evening on hyperlobby, I experienced online flying for the first time although I'm a hearty flight simmer with many years of flight sim experience, back to the days of the original Chuck Yeager. It was a strange experience, on one hand it was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life (again-my first time), but I was also a little uncomfortable with how I was treated. Frankly I was pissing some people off, and I didn't know why. I tried to join a few missions and I was either getting barked at to change sides or simply punted from the server. Someone told me I wasn't registered, I still don't know what that means. But today I was browsing the squad forum and started reading the different squads pages. Now I understand these were organized groups who sometimes just wanted to fly together, and I can for sure live with that, just didn't understand. Excuse my ignorance. So for those last evening on HP that I tried to barge in on, I didn't realise I was doing so (thought anyone could jump in at anytime, anywhere http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif), and I am truely sorry. On that note, would like to try and hook up with a squad and share my passion, as cheasy as that sounds.

Aero

aero6
03-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Last evening on hyperlobby, I experienced online flying for the first time although I'm a hearty flight simmer with many years of flight sim experience, back to the days of the original Chuck Yeager. It was a strange experience, on one hand it was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life (again-my first time), but I was also a little uncomfortable with how I was treated. Frankly I was pissing some people off, and I didn't know why. I tried to join a few missions and I was either getting barked at to change sides or simply punted from the server. Someone told me I wasn't registered, I still don't know what that means. But today I was browsing the squad forum and started reading the different squads pages. Now I understand these were organized groups who sometimes just wanted to fly together, and I can for sure live with that, just didn't understand. Excuse my ignorance. So for those last evening on HP that I tried to barge in on, I didn't realise I was doing so (thought anyone could jump in at anytime, anywhere http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif), and I am truely sorry. On that note, would like to try and hook up with a squad and share my passion, as cheasy as that sounds.

Aero

Zeus-cat
03-26-2004, 11:51 PM
aero6,

I was intimidated the first time I got on HL too. Unfortunately, it sounds like you just ran into some rude people. Don't be discouraged. There are a lot of nice people out there flying this sim.

As you mentioned, it probably would be best to join a group if you can to avoid such problems in the future. Flying with friends adds a whole new dimension to the gaming experience.

Even when my friends and I fly on HL as a squad, we never boot people who jump in as you did. It is a public forum so we figure anyone can join in, and it is just a game after all. I can't imagine being so rude to someone who just wants to share in the gaming experience.

Another reason to join a squad is that most use voice comms (such as Teamspeak) when they fly. It can be difficult to coomunicate with people who are not linked in that way.

Good luck in finding a squad.

Zeus-cat

aero6
03-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the response

MEAKO
03-27-2004, 12:32 AM
First of all can i apologies for the way u were treated, in HL u should be able to play any of the dogfight servers without registering unless its a squad only server which u can tell by all players having same name. You will notice on HL sections like VEF and VOW these are online wars which u have to register before you play. Once your familiar with this game i reccomend u give them a try,as Zeus said joining a squad is a good idea because when ur online in a dogfight and in troube u can holler for help or work together to get that kill.

Goodluck
Meako

Seahawk89
03-27-2004, 12:39 AM
I find that Co-op games are a good place to play. Friendly people having fun.

GAU-8
03-27-2004, 12:45 AM
welcome aboard!

glad to have you here. no need to get discouraged. its still a steep learning curve from off line to online... and hyperlobby in itself can take some time learning the all the little tricks. your next foray out into HL waters will be better. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif