PDA

View Full Version : Okay - I Have AEP The Install Blues

dugong
03-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Okay - here is what is going on . . .

I installed AEP once into the current IL2 directory, which is the defualt dirctory.I installed, no apparent hitches. Well, I go to run it and it seems that IL2 is still there, unchanged v.121 or whatever the recent version is. So, I uninstall IL2. I complete a fresh install into the default directory, patch, then run it to make good. But, the AEP screen with the biplane appears for a second then the original loading screen appears! I just figure some of AEP is left in there somwhere. Then when I attempt to install AEP, it tells me that IL2 FB cannot be found.

How can I squash these gremlins?

dugong
03-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Okay - here is what is going on . . .

I installed AEP once into the current IL2 directory, which is the defualt dirctory.I installed, no apparent hitches. Well, I go to run it and it seems that IL2 is still there, unchanged v.121 or whatever the recent version is. So, I uninstall IL2. I complete a fresh install into the default directory, patch, then run it to make good. But, the AEP screen with the biplane appears for a second then the original loading screen appears! I just figure some of AEP is left in there somwhere. Then when I attempt to install AEP, it tells me that IL2 FB cannot be found.

How can I squash these gremlins?

xenomage2000
03-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Did you delete the entire default directory, as in the Ubisoft folder that should be in Program Files (as long as there are no other games you need in there. If so then just delete the entire sturmovik folder)?
Just uninstalling the program usually leaves a bunch of files and the directory itself which may need to be deleted manually, and may remain after a reinstall if not removed.

JG27_Gundog
03-07-2004, 06:49 PM
If you haven't already done this: Delete your UbiSoft folder. A friend of mine spent 2 nights trying everything to get AEP installed. He was getting the same message your getting. After he deleted that folder it went right in. Goodluck.

JG52_Helgstrand
03-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Might help to run Reg Clean also...

Oblt.Helgstrand
JG52 Recruiting Officer

http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/091203-NewSig_JG52.gif JG52 The Butcherbirds (http://www.geocities.com/jg52thebutcherbirds/)