PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Rain Effect

IImayneII
05-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Is it me or is the rain effect bugged? I can't see any rain in the editor unless I'm in editor mode and fairly far away. If I get closer or go test mode it just dissapears...

TeriXeri
05-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Is it me or is the rain effect bugged? I can't see any rain in the editor unless I'm in editor mode and fairly far away. If I get closer or go test mode it just dissapears...

I posted about this few months ago with a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZSZ5i6yYA

If you mean it won't show up close, I think it has to do with the "spawn point" that needs to be on screen for it to activate, much like how lights turn off before off-screen.

The normal Rain effect has this issue where the spawn point is too high above the actual effect card so it needs to be in the ground pretty much up close. Monsoon seems to be fine however.

In the track I used light rain (Rainy Roach) I pretty much made sure it was under the rider the whole time in the ground.

IImayneII
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Ah thanks Teri, totally forgot about that video since I haven'thad to use rain effects in a long time. Didn't think of putting the effect all the way down with an OPE since I was making the track on the ground but maybe that will work, I'll try that. Thanks

Shame this is still an issue after so long tough