PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Modern Day Discussion

king-hailz
05-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Although they said in an interview that it will follow Unity... It doesn't mean that it's going to follow they way it was done... We could still have more gameplay and just the story will follow that of Unity...

I personally think it would be easy for them to create a modern day (small) city with the engine they currently have... Carriages are the cars and so on and with really tall skyscrapers we could use the grapple and the guns would play a bigger role... It would be fun with a great story intertwining the two worlds one of the past and one of the present!

Altair1789
05-14-2015, 02:55 AM
I sure as hell hope they've learned from the feedback. No MP this time around, so maybe we'll have a lengthy story and fully fledged MD. Syndicate is Ubi's last chance for me, so I'm hoping they don't execute good intentions badly

ACZanius
05-14-2015, 03:41 AM
I got worried when they said they're "following" Unity's example but i am expecting that we're seeing a lot of modern day action and story progression since J. Yohalem is main writer if not, i'm more or less done with franchise, sometimes i really do wish Patrice would stay for the end of Desmond saga and AC at least Desmond saga would be perfect, thanks to AC 3 ppl for that ****ty ending. This game is seriously last chance for them to get me back going. If this is another "filler" like Unity that adds next to nothing for modern day and some stupid "files" to read how Connor and others died it's game over for me. If they don't realize that if they stopped the annualisation and took more time they could build perfect AC.

Perk89
05-14-2015, 03:46 AM
There no way they didn't learn their lesson from Unity on the "Oh, actually, all this was a waste of time!" front. I'm still concerned though that it will be generic and marginalized. That obviously hasn't been what people want.

Hans684
05-14-2015, 10:24 AM
I expect nothing

Charles_Phipps
05-14-2015, 11:46 AM
I hope we'll get a new central modern day character to follow Desmond.

Admittedly, I hope Desmond will show up as a Clay/13-esque AI in the server too but I see no sign of that happening anytime soon either.

He'd be a pretty cool character to do so with.

D.I.D.
05-14-2015, 11:54 AM
There no way they didn't learn their lesson from Unity on the "Oh, actually, all this was a waste of time!" front. I'm still concerned though that it will be generic and marginalized. That obviously hasn't been what people want.

That could have been okay with some kind of silver lining: the artefact hunt turns out to be a red herring but the conclusion of Arno's role in the revolution is something incredible, or a final rift reveals something vital in another period of Paris's history. It has the potential to break up the predictable pattern of AC games if the tactic is deployed well, kind of like the way Black Flag turned the pattern of assassins adopting the creed on its head. It was only a letdown for me because the game had pushed aside and/or misrepresented all the juicy intrigue of the revolution itself in favour of an ultimately empty fictional story.

VestigialLlama4
05-14-2015, 12:24 PM
One thing which people need to get is that Modern Day is always going to be disappointing. In order for AC to do full justice for MD, they have to make a full MD game, there's no backing away from that.

I always feel that MD in games will work if they can find something new and different to pivot around it with each game. BLACK FLAG was Lore Dumb, UNITY was Time Anomalies. Brotherhood was quirky platforms, Tomb Puzzles and occassional chats with Shaun and Gang, it was also entirely optional. AC2 had quirky bleeding effect homage and limited platform fun.

Revelations gave you SUBJECT 16: THE GAME and it was awesome, my favorite MD because it was psychological, spooky and in the end touching.

Charles_Phipps
05-14-2015, 01:20 PM
One thing which people need to get is that Modern Day is always going to be disappointing. In order for AC to do full justice for MD, they have to make a full MD game, there's no backing away from that.

I always feel that MD in games will work if they can find something new and different to pivot around it with each game. BLACK FLAG was Lore Dumb, UNITY was Time Anomalies. Brotherhood was quirky platforms, Tomb Puzzles and occassional chats with Shaun and Gang, it was also entirely optional. AC2 had quirky bleeding effect homage and limited platform fun.

Revelations gave you SUBJECT 16: THE GAME and it was awesome, my favorite MD because it was psychological, spooky and in the end touching.

I disagree.

I liked Desmond's story fine. They just need to be as ambitious with the Modern Day as they were with him.

Get a new protagonist who is just as awesome with a good VA.

What's Laura Bailey or Troy Baker up to?

Namikaze_17
05-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Would say Galina, but I don't wanna get slapped for bringing up an Initiate character.

Charles_Phipps
05-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Hell, I wouldn't mind using Bishop as the protagonist.

Or hell, go with someone we already know.

Why not make Shaun or Rebecca the protagonist? We already like them.

DeceivingEric
05-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Although they said in an interview that it will follow Unity... It doesn't mean that it's going to follow they way it was done... We could still have more gameplay and just the story will follow that of Unity...

But, honestly, what plot did Unity started that Syndicate would continue? The only plot Syndicate could follow from Unity, it's this "us" who got his Helix console hacked by Bishop (in the weapon trailer, we can see HELIX 4.0), because otherwise, she said we did all this for nothing, so nothing to be continued.

THE_JOKE_KING33
05-18-2015, 06:10 PM
I disagree.

I liked Desmond's story fine. They just need to be as ambitious with the Modern Day as they were with him.

Get a new protagonist who is just as awesome with a good VA.

What's Laura Bailey or Troy Baker up to?

Hopefully voicing Delsin for Second Son 2 ;)

But yeah, they really need a new protagonist.

harsab
05-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Would you guys mind if we had no "functional" MD BUT we had constant interactions with Bishop, Rebecca & Shaun (i'm talking way more then Unity). Constantly telling us info about whats going on. We can access emails in the database & maybe unlock plenty secret Abstergo videos? And when it comes to Juno, She makes a brief appearence towards the end of the game by hacking the Animus. Would you guys mind that? Btw i'm all for a functional MD been dying for Ubi to get it up & running again but i wouldn't mind what i just mentioned for Syndicate.

SixKeys
05-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Would you guys mind if we had no "functional" MD BUT we had constant interactions with Bishop, Rebecca & Shaun (i'm talking way more then Unity). Constantly telling us info about whats going on. We can access emails in the database & maybe unlock plenty secret Abstergo videos? And when it comes to Juno, She makes a brief appearence towards the end of the game by hacking the Animus. Would you guys mind that? Btw i'm all for a functional MD been dying for Ubi to get it up & running again but i wouldn't mind what i just mentioned for Syndicate.

Nah. They would basically just be filling Bishop's role in Unity, a simple voice-over that tells you what to do and where to go. ACB and AC3 had e-mails but it was to the point of being too much. You were constantly harassed to get out of the Animus to check your e-mail and then it was just Shaun making some stupid joke. Multiplayer did the "secret Abstergo videos" but they never went anywhere, plot-wise. (Whatever happened to that sports watch that Erudito said Abstergo was supposedly using to spy on people?) I'm sick of Juno. They need to either do something genuinely interesting with her or drop her like a ton of bricks.

ze_topazio
05-18-2015, 06:31 PM
By now even the return of the flying tablet would be most welcome.

Charles_Phipps
05-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Nah. They would basically just be filling Bishop's role in Unity, a simple voice-over that tells you what to do and where to go. ACB and AC3 had e-mails but it was to the point of being too much. You were constantly harassed to get out of the Animus to check your e-mail and then it was just Shaun making some stupid joke. Multiplayer did the "secret Abstergo videos" but they never went anywhere, plot-wise. (Whatever happened to that sports watch that Erudito said Abstergo was supposedly using to spy on people?) I'm sick of Juno. They need to either do something genuinely interesting with her or drop her like a ton of bricks.

Honestly, I'm sick of being in the Animus constantly. Give us some walking around time in the future.

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Honestly, I'm sick of being in the Animus constantly. Give us some walking around time in the future.

Honestly what difference does it make? I mean the MD world of Assassins is no less digital, no less fake and artificial than the Animus world right?

Charles_Phipps
05-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Honestly what difference does it make? I mean the MD world of Assassins is no less digital, no less fake and artificial than the Animus world right?

Because it gives us a sense of historical context, I guess? The story of the Assassins and the Templars is progressing in the "real world." The events of the past having a direct and important relevance to the people of today.

VestigialLlama4
05-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Because it gives us a sense of historical context, I guess? The story of the Assassins and the Templars is progressing in the "real world." The events of the past having a direct and important relevance to the people of today.

True

ShadowStar83x
05-18-2015, 11:00 PM
I'd prefer little to no modern day activity. Always been the most boring part in my opinion.

PRWarrior1986
07-21-2015, 07:57 AM
I wish the modern day story had more content. An Assassin's Creed game without a solid modern has no purpose. Future modern day segments should be more like AC3, where we saw Desmond going on assassination missions, but with even more narrative. Give us another third person character that heavily involved in the narrative as an active assassin and stop with the first person "you are the main character" non sense. That's why AC4, Rogue, and Unity, I played once, beat them, and then I sold them back. I seriously don't think the games are worth the full $60 anymore. And IF they bring the modern day back to its glory I don't want to be playing as a templar helping Abstergo, I actually want to them be brought down in the modern story. All of my remaining faith in the series is riding on Syndicate, give us a optional assassin centered active modern day narrative or I am done with series.

steveeire
07-21-2015, 10:48 AM
While I want to see MD back in Assassin's Creed, for it to come back in a significant way they would need to make a full MD assassin's Creed, to tie up all the story lines that MD has at the minute, that way we can have a decent MD going forward.

sarahwilliam
08-06-2015, 12:58 PM
May be all of you are right but I don't agreed.

Jessigirl2013
08-06-2015, 09:05 PM
MD is what AC was built on.
Without it non of the entries link to each other, and you lose all purpose for the past gameplay.;)

MODERN DAY FOR THE WIN!;)

CrossedEagle
08-10-2015, 06:28 AM
In my opinion Modern Day isn't just fan service, but a critical component to making a great Assassin's Creed game. I hope there's at least a small MD segment in Syndicate, but I'm prepared to be yet another Yes man on a couch.

Jessigirl2013
08-10-2015, 12:08 PM
In my opinion Modern Day isn't just fan service, but a critical component to making a great Assassin's Creed game. I hope there's at least a small MD segment in Syndicate, but I'm prepared to be yet another Yes man on a couch.

I know. ;)

If you take MD out of any AC game then the plot falls apart. <--- Try it :rolleyes:

dxsxhxcx
08-10-2015, 12:26 PM
I know. ;)

If you take MD out of any AC game then the plot falls apart. <--- Try it :rolleyes:

I did and I think it isn't necessary, of course some adjustments needed to be made like remove the ancestor/TWCB speaking directly with Desmond and things like that, but when you remove the MD, all you have is the ancestor's perspective and that alone is enough to justify a game.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want the MD to be part of the game (I used to love it until AC3, even with all its flaws), but I prefer to see it gone than kept as it is now (AC4/ACU), IMO it's clear as water that Ubisoft doesn't know where to go with it (and doesn't seem to care either), first we had Juno, a loose end from Desmond' Saga to deal with, then the Sages and The Instruments of the First Will came into play, now according to what we saw in the last demo we'll probably have to deal with Consus as well because of the Shroud, they keep adding these unnecessary things but don't solve anything, at least Desmond' saga had a clear end goal (stop the solar flare), something we can't say of this "new cycle", AC4 was pure fan service, ACU was pointless, ACRo doesn't seem to have anything important as well (otherwise people would be discussing about it), after ACB people were going crazy about what would happen next, creating theories and things like that, now we have nothing, all we do is complain about Ubisoft stupid idea of making a character invisible and how they have screwed up with the Modern Days.