PDA

View Full Version : Request to Ubisoft regarding AC Syndicate release

RVSage
05-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Hi Ubi,

I read from the material that.. The PC version may release after console version i.e October 23 . The PC version plainly says holiday 2015.. Being a PC user and having already pre-ordered the Gold Edition here is my request.. Either release PC on October 23 or release all versions on a later date.. Early Console release spoils the story for us.. It is hard to ignore walkthroughs and reviews floating around... One always gets curious about the story...

Adding a poll too..to gauge public opinion

strigoi1958
05-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Definitely... I know there is external pressure from MS and Sony to get the game on consoles before PC sales but... as PC sales represent such a small amount in the market I doubt it would affect sales to console owners when releasing the game for all.

Plus... as much as I try I cannot stop myself watching Youtube clips :(

Seaclean
05-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Personally I'm not too fussed about it as long as there are significant graphical upgrades to the PC version when it releases (and not like Unity where we never saw the tessellation patch)

Mr_Shade
05-14-2015, 02:05 PM
The forum team do maintain a very close eye n the forums - and we do have rules on spoilers - so, you shouldn't have anything spoiled - UNLESS - you go looking for them.

RVSage
05-14-2015, 07:19 PM
The forum team do maintain a very close eye n the forums - and we do have rules on spoilers - so, you shouldn't have anything spoiled - UNLESS - you go looking for them.

Its not just the forums Mr.Shade.. Google Now knows I am a big Fan of AC ... as annoying as it is.. It keeps popping up when news or videos on the same come out.. :(.. Even facebook shows search oriented ads and videos these days.. Once you see such an video.. It's hard not to click it :( :(

lukash_1337
05-14-2015, 09:27 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you can delay the PC version, as long as it's not a 6 month delay like with ac2, acb and rogue. Just dont mess up the game's optimization. Treat your customers with respect. Give the PC version a proper priority. Don't treat us all like potential thieves. If you fail to deliver a well optimized game again, I will not buy your product (and any other, for that matter). When you show us the middle finger, we will not support you with our money. Simple as that.

ACS is Ubi's one last shot to keep me buying AC games.

Anykeyer
05-15-2015, 08:36 AM
I want 4 months delay.
Let console peasansts beta test this for us. I want finished game with all DLCs included. Like AC2/Brotherhood.
Excitement about new AC game releases has long gone for me, so I can wait.

TR.Misterscruff
05-15-2015, 09:32 AM
I think we pc owners are always treated as second class.

Lignjoslav
05-15-2015, 11:23 AM
A "yes" to the poll question and an additional plea: please, release the game when it's done!

RVSage makes good remarks about spoilers, this forum is hardly the only place to find them. I remember clicking on an AC: B multiplayer video a couple of months before it came out on the PC, but some time after it came out on the consoles. The video itself was perfectly spoiler free as multiplayer had no story and it merely showed off the (at the time) brand new multiplayer component, but the top comment below it was a huge story spoiler (that had no connection to the actual clip contents and was probably deliberately upvoted to troll PC players). So, please, in order to minimize the chance for this sort of things, same release date across all platforms.

Also, there were numerous "Bellec fight" threads that were allowed to live on and on in this forum, where the thread title alone revealed a big plot twist. Granted, it was post-release, but it's just an example of how, even with all the (truly well appreciated) effort from the mods, 100% protection is impossible.