PDA

View Full Version : Please fly the sim for at least a week before whining!

SeaFireLIV
03-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Some of you guys who are fortunate enough to get this sim expansion early are finding faults and posting about them way before you`ve properly checked them and confirmed.

Please fly for at least a week and make sure before posting. It`s hard enough for us who haven`t got the expansion as it is!

As for interesting adds/improvements fire away! :)

SeaFireLIV
03-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Some of you guys who are fortunate enough to get this sim expansion early are finding faults and posting about them way before you`ve properly checked them and confirmed.

Please fly for at least a week and make sure before posting. It`s hard enough for us who haven`t got the expansion as it is!

As for interesting adds/improvements fire away! :)

rbstr44
03-03-2004, 05:19 AM
BUMP! Make sure to repeat your tests before coming to conclusions and reporting them as fact here! Post some .NTRKs!

This forum needs a good guide to testing. Keep reading tolwyn's thread as he usually has good advice.

Bearcat99
03-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Bump!!

Cossack13
03-03-2004, 07:50 AM
SeaFire, at best, you'll only get the ones who are through puberty to listen to you and we know it's the other ones that make all of the noise.

http://www.tolwyn.com/~cossack/White13.gif
What ever you do, do
NOT buy an Alienware!

CHDT
03-03-2004, 07:52 AM
So, normally, in Europe, we will be able to whine in three weeks ;)

Zen--
03-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Agreed SeaFire, lets keep things in perspective

-Zen-

WWMaxGunz
03-03-2004, 09:17 AM
I can only agree about people jumping too soon after a release. Too many feel they are expert pilots anyway yet they just jam the throttles open and expect to see the right numbers, things like that. In real, the best test pilots are few and far between but we get a majority it seems.

------------------------------------

Euro has to wait 3 weeks??? Funny but when the Euro releases come sooner than US and Canada by the same time which does happen like the original IL2 for example, there's US and Canadians who have simply ordered from England or Europe. It's a big internet with only boundaries on shipping and for a flight sim I don't think that's such a problem, so what's stopping anyone who really wants from ordering across the ocean in either direction?

And of course this release date differences has nothing to do with anything but hurting some peoples' feelings? It is not about business agreements taking more work in the slow places or governments with red tape paperwork in the way? It is not that UBI makes one release and then the distributors have to deal with when they can get the copies to the stores is it? It's all just to make the US people happy while the Euros wait?
This attitude is childish because it has nothing to do with politics except as maybe different speeds of beaurocracies and the fact that where there is only one it is quicker to do business than where there are many.

Neal

Gunner_361st
03-03-2004, 09:22 AM
I can barely stand to wait. The ME-110, P-38, P-63... I feel sorry for our european friends who must wait two weeks longer.

Captain Gunner of the 361st vFG

http://home.comcast.net/~smconlon/wsb/media/245357/site1039.jpg

tolwyn.com
03-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Who's whining?

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. :)

SeaFireLIV
03-03-2004, 11:08 AM
This was a pre-emptive message put up hours earlier to try and catch those who try the new AEP, can`t do something and instantly call it a bug without really checking. Already there`s one about the inability to take off from the runway in the ME163B, is this a bug? Or has the pilot simply missed something? Perhaps there`s a special key in config? Perhaps a new start sequence is necessary?

A lot of people tend to be experts first, but never really take the time to find out, observe and test. If this is doen correctly, even in a limited fashion findings would take longer than a few hours to come up with , " This is bugged!" Only to later find out they needed to press an extra button or something.

Unfortunately, I cannot take a 2 week test on AEP (as I would have done) cos we on the other side of the pond have to wait 2 weeks.

rbstr44
03-04-2004, 06:15 PM
*bump*