PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - General Discussion (PC)

strigoi1958
05-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Anyone else had the email about may 12th ?.... I wonder what it's going to be ?.... a sneak insight to AC Victory would be awesome... but there is some gift and an invite to the stream.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - General Discussion (Console) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1100291-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-General-Discussion)

JoxerTM22
05-08-2015, 01:29 AM
Not me.
I always unsubscribe spammails and the only address allowed in my promo gmail tab is kickstarter (updates on projects I backed).

Speedy_PC
05-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Yes I've got my email came through today and I was about to have a heart attack and looking forward to something new, Strigoi your sig is bloody cool and dangerous.

Pezol
05-08-2015, 02:04 PM
from what i have gathered its going to be Syndicate not Victory and its going to be pre-recorded stream for some reason not live...

Misterscruff63
05-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Looks like the forums going to get busy again.

RVSage
05-08-2015, 07:25 PM
As always while console people are busy discussing next game.. The PC community as it is filled with flamers/haters...And that's what this forum reflects ....

So I thought it's time we moved on from Unity... here at PC forum

So what do we know

1. The game is indeed set in Victorian London
2. Official Launch on May 12 Tuesday across the world
3. The protagonist is "Jacob"
4. The game is possibly renamed to Syndicate(according to Kotaku
5. The protagonist has a stylish Kane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TP_vFBoLqs

Personally I like the black and gold color scheme.. Sleek ...

Requesting Flamers to stay away.. You read that right.. It's a request

Constructive criticism and discussion is welcome..

I am excited :D:D:cool:

JoxerTM22
05-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Hopefuly this doesn't count as flame - black/gold should IMO be left out because we're getting it already in Square Enix' new DX game just as it was a world theme in DX:HR.
Or, if the color theme is there to stay, please make a superb OST for the game like DX:HR had (and Ubi can do it as we already heard in AC:Rogue).
Just an opinion.

RVSage
05-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Obviously not a flame bro.. I do know the difference.. :D ...... Interesting point... But lets see.. And I hope ACS (syndicate) is Directx 12.. based...

TH3R4BB1T
05-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Comment postponed until full reveal.

TH3R4BB1T
05-08-2015, 09:16 PM
No really excited for it, but will have a look when I get the change. After Unity... well... I have a mistrust that it will be good. For Rogue I waited for posts about the game before buying it and China is just crap.

strigoi1958
05-08-2015, 11:36 PM
(Black Gold :D I've pre-ordered Mankind Divided... Love DXHR)

I'm hoping the cane is also a sword...

The grappling hook from tomb raider/ farcry 4 has been shown in pictures released already

I'm hoping the required specs are very similar to Unity

I kinda liked Victory.... Syndicate is ok... but it does make it sound like a group of people who play the lottery

Leo_2301
05-09-2015, 05:57 PM
May 12 is very early for an AC game, since most of them are launched during October and November. But I believe that AC:S will be much much better than AC:U.

Leo_2301
05-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Syndicate will be a great game, as most of Ubisoft's alternative titles are better. Just like how AC2 is better than AC, AC4 is better than AC3, ACRG is better than ACL. It is just as when Ubi experiments with something new, the game released would be horrible, but the next game released would improve it. So, I am sure than Assassin's Creed: Syndicate will be better than Assassin's Creed: Unity.

RVSage
05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
(Black Gold :D I've pre-ordered Mankind Divided... Love DXHR)

I'm hoping the cane is also a sword...

The grappling hook from tomb raider/ farcry 4 has been shown in pictures released already

I'm hoping the required specs are very similar to Unity

I kinda liked Victory.... Syndicate is ok... but it does make it sound like a group of people who play the lottery

Requirements should be similar to Unity.. Nice signature there :cool:

I hope they announce its DX12.. That goes hand in hand in hand with similar specs.. But still improved

RVSage
05-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Based on the report from Polygon
http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/8/8575239/assassins-creed-syndicate-hits-this-holiday-stars-jacob-frye

The protagonist is "Jacob Frye"

The marketing material states that the game will "transport millions of gamers to an astonishing recreation of London during the Industrial Revolution where they will find themselves immersed in a game world they'll have to see to believe."

Those are strong words.. about the games experience

Ureh
05-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Yep yep looks cool!

http://static2.ubi.com/newsletters/2015/PI-ACVi-NCSA-E-BC-150507/RSVP-Only/EN/images/acs-hands.gif

At first I thought it was just one fellow crossing his arms like this:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101123224202/assassinscreed/images/9/96/Ezio_Aditore_Da_Firenze.jpg

but it might be two separate people huh?

strigoi1958
05-10-2015, 03:29 AM
I have read.....

We can jump from the top of moving vehicles... doing a leap of faith into rivers and hay stacks.... cool

playlisting
05-10-2015, 04:41 AM
Official Launch on May 12 Tuesday across the world

I'd change launch to reveal. Confused the crap out of me when I first read it. Thought they'd managed to drum up yet another AC already.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in this one. Unity was Ubisoft's bigwigs giving the finger to all of the fans. To this day it remains in an unfinished state with low frame rates and unresponsive controls. It might be good, as I read someone pointed out that it seems like Ubisoft's AC releases are like a roller coaster. AC 3 was okay, AC 4 was fantastic, AC Unity was okay (most problems come from poor performance), so if the trend continues Syndicate or Victory or whatever the hell it's called should be a good one. Going to ignore it for now as we all know how good Ubisoft are at representing the final product with their demos and reveals. Will watch the ever-impressive CGI trailer and DF's performance analysis videos when it's released to see if it's worth getting.

I'd recommend all those who don't want to disappointed again to do the same.

RVSage
05-10-2015, 06:39 AM
@strigoi1958 .. Yup excited about that feature.. Although not surprised.. they got Unity's stealth mode from watch dogs.. This too now

Speedy_PC
05-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Assassin's Creed Victory sends the series to London in 2015

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--37fPXtJw--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Read here:- http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/2/7323269/assassins-creed-victory-coming-2015-london-setting

and this http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

strigoi1958
05-10-2015, 05:37 PM
I'd change launch to reveal. Confused the crap out of me when I first read it. Thought they'd managed to drum up yet another AC already.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in this one. Unity was Ubisoft's bigwigs giving the finger to all of the fans. To this day it remains in an unfinished state with low frame rates and unresponsive controls. It might be good, as I read someone pointed out that it seems like Ubisoft's AC releases are like a roller coaster. AC 3 was okay, AC 4 was fantastic, AC Unity was okay (most problems come from poor performance), so if the trend continues Syndicate or Victory or whatever the hell it's called should be a good one. Going to ignore it for now as we all know how good Ubisoft are at representing the final product with their demos and reveals. Will watch the ever-impressive CGI trailer and DF's performance analysis videos when it's released to see if it's worth getting.

I'd recommend all those who don't want to disappointed again to do the same.

I'm interested in them all :D

My email said reveal... but I can see how some think it meant that it was being released soon (I wish).

All the AC games (main ones) were great (I didn't like AC2 even though it was great). AC3 is the standard by which I judge all games so that was fantastic for me.

I'm not interested in FPS just gaming so none of the stuff about menus and areas being less FPS affected me and as such I enjoyed Unity from day 1.... (I think we got version 1.1 while USA got version 1.0) it had a few teething problems even for me... if I was falling and got shot, Arno ran on the spot in mid air and a few npc's might have been stuck in a tree or wall... but as it's just a game and not life altering bad news....it wasn't something to start crying over.

Played over 500 hours in Unity so it has cost me less than 5 pennies an hour.... I cannot think of any other entertainment that cheap...

I'm sorry that people were disappointed by Unity, it is a huge leap forward and probably just released too early for most people. There are lots of us looking forward to Syndicate... and hopefully, once everyone sees how much we're enjoying it, they'll jump in and kill some templars with us.

RVSage
05-11-2015, 03:13 AM
I had almost zero issues with Unity too.. apart from couple of times when I feel right through the floor.. it was fine.. FPS.. is something that is important and at the same time not so important to me... The game was a brave attempt.. But I do care about the story line.. hoping for better story in Syndicate

Ichigo123413221
05-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Well I for one can't wait. I have been playing Assassin's Creed from the very beginning, And i have never been disappointed, or almost never, AC Unity had a rough start up but now it runs great :D:D:D. I have very high expectations to the New Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and for a fan the teaser is just eye candy. I don't know about everybody else, but i would very much like to see Jack the Ripper appear in the game that would be a blast :D:D:D. And the speculations about idea with buying new knuckles and can swords would be nice although I would like the upgrade feature from AC Unity should be removed again. The game just works better without it.;);)

RVSage
05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Syndicate to have two playable characters.. and one of them is a lady :D

http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed-sy-1703598017

Jacob and Evie .. Brother and Sister..

TH3R4BB1T
05-11-2015, 08:12 PM
This game is already set to release in November, every main was released then. Or they must give us a Beta release so we can help them fix the bugs before the big release. :) I volunteer!

I have read.....

We can jump from the top of moving vehicles... doing a leap of faith into rivers and hay stacks.... cool

Sounds a little like Just Cause. The Graple of FarCry4/Tomb Raider. Hope for a GTA commandeer a vehicle And the destruction level of Battlefield 4 when you use bombs. In Unty the buiding was still standing after blowing up a damn weapon depot. :S

http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed-sy-1703598017

Will probably be more a companion during some missions. But would be great if you switch between two or maybe you have to choose which path you take. It could also as in FC4 that you get a choice which mission you do and that it will alter the story.

strigoi1958
05-11-2015, 10:01 PM

That's a good find and very interesting.....

I agree with TH3R4BB1T switching between characters would be great and the way your choices determine the end sequence would also be good...

Ureh
05-11-2015, 10:06 PM
That's a good find and very interesting.....

I agree with TH3R4BB1T switching between characters would be great and the way your choices determine the end sequence would also be good...

I think the present day - if they choose to do so - can have alternate events/endings but the sequences that we explore the animus should be fixed (they're memories after all).

JoxerTM22
05-12-2015, 12:01 AM

It says this too:
Syndicate will not have any multiplayer modes, according to that source, but you’ll be able to swap between Jacob and Evie while exploring the world between missions.

That makes AC:London instabuy for me.
Not instapreorder though. After Watch Dogs, I'm not preordering ubi games any more.

LAPROTO
05-12-2015, 02:03 PM
remind me this jooke lol
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ar40zQB_700b.jpg

praktan4
05-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Anyone else had the email about may 12th ?.... I wonder what it's going to be ?.... a sneak insight to AC Victory would be awesome... but there is some gift and an invite to the stream.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - General Discussion (Console) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1100291-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-General-Discussion)

i have a problem whenever i start the mission a single madman in ac 4 it just keep loading but the mission does not start PLEASE HELP

RVSage
05-12-2015, 05:29 PM
The launch was awesome.. :D can move with vehicles seamlessly..This is gonna be fun

Johny-Al-Knox
05-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Wow yeesh. I remeber when AC 3 was comming out and it was delayed a few weeks and i was so angry. I was so hyped. But seeing gameplay no pre rendered **** , cant say im hyped. Looks like they took AC unity and made a new city and a new protaganist using all the same ****.

-Poison that makes enemies attack each other? please
- Animations re used from unity
-"Driving horses" looks *** like in watch dogs
-Not really inventing
And so on

I honestly think this will be the lowest scoring assassins creed.

To anyone saying "Oh its pre alpha".. Trust me its not gonna improve alot in 5 monthish

abhijeet222
05-12-2015, 06:03 PM
dude i wish the pc requirments of this game should be lower than unity please ubisoft!!!!!
any possibleities of specs being lower than unity???
my rig is
i5 2.9ghz 8gb ram nd nvidea geforce gtx 650 1 gb

RVSage
05-12-2015, 06:06 PM
To put it in perspective... ACII,ACB,ACR reused AC I animations... Never saw a single complain back then... This is a namesake complain... The scale at which they are delivering matters... IF this has a great story and god enough game play which I see.. It will do good...They are inventing with the hook.. grappling...And it is not even E3.. Wait and see

Btw I pre-ordered...Because it did impress me.. EVery open world game has something in common.. That's what makes it open world.. Enjoy new mechanics you get and new setting,,It's all about perspective

RVSage
05-12-2015, 06:07 PM
dude i wish the pc requirments of this game should be lower than unity please ubisoft!!!!!
any possibleities of specs being lower than unity???
my rig is
i5 2.9ghz 8gb ram nd nvidea geforce gtx 650 1 gb

That won't happen bro.. It will more stable than unity but more or less same specs I believe.. time for a upgrade

abhijeet222
05-12-2015, 06:08 PM
That won't happen bro.. It will more stable than unity but more or less same specs I believe.. time for a upgrade

dude so what should i upgrade in my pc????

RVSage
05-12-2015, 06:15 PM
dude so what should i upgrade in my pc????

The graphic card.. atleast a gtx 960...The processor you have is kinda slow for gtx 960 (bottleneck)..upgrade that too.. Get one above 3.5Hz.. i5-4670 or i5-4690 is good enough for 3-4 yrs

strigoi1958
05-12-2015, 06:43 PM
In the reveal.....

The skyline and drop to attack reminds me of the hook blade air assassinations with Ezio (Great) and... the whistle to attract enemies is back so i guess Ubi do listen to us ;)

I must admit it does look awesome and the fast travel using the carriages again links back to Ezio times... really getting hyped about this.

RVSage
05-12-2015, 06:59 PM
My review of the launch

Pros
1. Nice setting, bigger city..
2. Nice addition of vehicles..
3. Nice set of moves and weapon arsenal
4. The Brother-Sister Twin story is a promise.. for a better story

What I would love to know more about
1. Co-op still there?
2. Modern day.. The biggest Con of Unity.. Any improvements on that front??

Some points on people's discussion so far

1. People have been complaining about same moveset as arno.. Ezio in all 3 games used same moveset as Altair.. Not a soul complained back then...Fair to Ubi??
2. Things from watch dogs being copied over.. Nothing new.. Seriously folks?? Thats an argument?? All games have something in common...Especially open world games.. Each inspires the other..Batman took many queues from GTA.. GTA learned a lot from AC.. Watch dogs learned from all.. Now AC is learning from the rest..So problem?? Just don't blindly complain

Conclusion

If the game offers a good story with consistent and stable game play.. this is a winner .. Certainly

RVSage
05-12-2015, 07:05 PM
In the reveal.....

The skyline and drop to attack reminds me of the hook blade air assassinations with Ezio (Great) and... the whistle to attract enemies is back so i guess Ubi do listen to us ;)

I must admit it does look awesome and the fast travel using the carriages again links back to Ezio times... really getting hyped about this.

See a lot of parallels to AC II .. true.. :D

IMRicko
05-12-2015, 07:05 PM
The best part of the whole reveal: seeing ubisoft devs faced down on the floor saying WE DISAPPOINTED THE FANS WITH UNITY. HELL YEAH YOU ALL DID

+ Refreshing combat, looking forward seeing more on how it works
+ Carriages and traffic system, even though still looks stiff AF just like in AC2 carriage mission
+ WHISTLE
+ NO MORE PARENTS DIED STORY (I HOPE)
+ No more siblings romance thingy

Else, nothing new. Zero climbing with the introduction of rope launcher. Halucinogenic dart (another funky name to poison dart). Brass knuckle, meh just to suit the time period.

SleeperSx2
05-12-2015, 07:10 PM
I see texture popping again, wtf ?!? Horrible !
Cartoon fight , wtf ?!? Poorly !

If Ubisoft fix it to release date or to improve the already appear soon at E3 that will be perfect !
And Ubisoft cant forget : WE NEED SOMETHING NEW !!
System is turned on eagle vision marking a person which we must kill or save or whatever, is boring! Give us a clue that we have to work harder to find, and then we're going to execute this mission and in our way as we want, means complete freedom in the choice of players how wants to finish the mission !!!
Ubisoft must work on the story. STOP with children's missions.Enough with the missions where these NPC's waiting like a fool with no response so look stupid that it is horror! And be sure to do a mission where the player will decide how to act on it ! This is the most important thing in the game!
Of course many side missions, catacombs, mystery, etc. ... It will sell the game and of course I'll gladly buy this game !
This sales game and gives players a great pleasure to play !!!!
DONT FORGET ALL THIS UBISOFT !!!!!!
Finally, I wish you much success !

strigoi1958
05-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Yes a lot of positives so far which is great... as RVSage said similarities to previous AC games... I'm glad they paid homage to the good points from previous games.

I have no problem with items moving from franchise to franchise... Items in FarCry, WatchDogs, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell are all welcome as long as they fit in and improve the game :D

I want to pre-order now :D

I forgot... the hat to hood is great

Misterscruff63
05-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Wonder if its coming with a season pass....if so I hope theres not a botch up like last time.

robert_w88
05-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Kudos and high praise to Ubisoft

This trailer was the most honest one ever, showed the game exactly how it will play when its out, clunky buggy mess much like unity, same old generic gameplay (free hostage, liberate a district, chase down a foe) Idiotic stealth mechanics (takes off hat that everyone is wearing to don a black peaked hood and duck down slightly)

Day one patch should have been mentioned then they really would have cut all the ******** out

strigoi1958
05-12-2015, 08:08 PM
The game looks great to me... and having read all your forum posts... I think it's obvious you are not an AC fan ;)

What you see as generic gameplay I see as things I like and want.... every james bond film is the same (save the world from a baddie or an evil group) it sells so well it has spawned an army of similar type movies.. bourne, mission impossible, Jack Ryan, Harry Palmer.... etc etc...

Plus any game franchise that sells lots has follow on games that stick with the things the majority of their fans want... GTA through to GTA V... Batman through to Shadow of Mordor... Final Fantasy,... Mass Effect... C.O.D...(ALL ) Football games, ALL snooker and pool games.... all exactly the same game mechanics... perhaps you should consider... rather than Ubisoft annoying an army of loyal fans just to appease you... you find a different franchise that you like and move there.

BMT22033
05-12-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm a PC-only gamer and Assassin's Creed was perhaps my all time favorite franchise. I own every AC game released on the PC including Unity. My excitement for ACU led me to foolishly pre-order the game and the season pass. As much as I've enjoyed playing AC game over the years, I'm finished with them now as a direct result of the ACU fiasco. For that mattter, I'm finished with Ubisoft games, in general. For those of you getting excited by the Syndicate announcement, I hope it works out well for you. As for me, I've learned my lesson with Ubisoft.

Mezuchan
05-12-2015, 08:21 PM
So far I'm liking it.

Like others have said the brother/sister thing is new and looks interesting and they were born into the brotherhood so that should make others happy who've been complaining about that fact. When Jacob jacked that carriage it made me laugh cuz it really reminded me of GTA, punch and all XD One thing that really made me happy though was that it appears the Throwing blades made a comeback. Those were (one of) my favourite weapons. What I also hope is that we get a county side as well and not just a city but I'm not expecting it.

I'm okay with games borrowing from each other cuz if you start scrutinizing you'll find that nothing is original.

I've never had any problems with Ubisoft or Unity for that matter. Therefore I'm seriously considering pre-order also cuz I'm a sucker for goodies.

strigoi1958
05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
@ BMT22033 Someone with so much time and money invested in a series is a true fan.... it is a shame to see you giving all that up :(

RVSage
05-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Gamespot's mega thread on ACS.. Lots of information.. I really hope they release PC version with the console version.. Only thing I am not happy about :/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everything-we-know-about-assassin-s-creed-syndicat/1100-6427215/

Speedy_PC
05-13-2015, 06:29 AM
I've received an email from Ubisoft and I've watched the youtube clip about the new AC Syndicate game, I'm truly speechless and I'm looking forward to see this very soon and let hope they don't over kill with to much bug problem when the release comes out not like AC Unity.

I've love the brass knuckle and I can't way to bash the big guy head in the game, and I like the new combat idea in the game as well.

PS. I hope this new AC will work on my current gaming laptop.

SleeperSx2
05-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Hm... Someone here work for Ubisoft.

This game show same scenario ! Eagle vision, mark, kill and escape. While the NPC's standing as a fool and wait, wtf ! IT'S BORING !!!!
We NEED something NEW !
WTF !
NO PREORDER for me !

BUSTERR_TR
05-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Game overall looks same as Unity. Which is why i'm not going to pre-order this time. I'll wait for the reviews.

lukash_1337
05-13-2015, 10:52 AM
Not pre-ordering, either. That doesn't mean I won't buy the game, though.

You want me to purchase your product?

1. PC OPTIMIZATION! Treat me, a PC player, with proper respect. Deliver a game that runs smoothly on my machine. Last year I paid for it $1500, and Unity runs like crap. This game LOOKS like Unity. If ACS runs like crap again, you can forget about THIS (pointing at myself) customer. I do not require constant 60 FPS like many hardcore gamers - as long as it runs smoothly (45FPS is smooth for me) and with no stuttering.

2. GAME LENGTH! Don't become EA, throwing in decent graphics at the cost of the game length and its optimization. AC2, AC3 and AC4 were pretty long games, as far as the story goes. It was enough for me to say "The game wasn't short at all" when the credits rolled. Can't say the same about Unity.

3. STORY! You used to rock'n'roll when it comes to the story. It was always interesting and the character was unique. Unity was boring and totally forgettable, and Arno was but a less charismatic copy of Ezio. Before Arno every character had a unique personality. How exactly do you plan on making Jacob unique? Cause a reckless, brash young troublemaker with a more reasonable-thinking sister ain't gonna cut it.

4. GIVE US CONTROL! Most PC gamers are not the 'dumb'n'rich' customer group that every company loves so much. Don't you even think about 'EA-style' starting the game automatically at max settings before allowing us to go into graphic options. ESPECIALLY if we cannot even start a new game without digging in the game's files.

5. THE UNIQUE FEELING. This is what made the previous games so good, especially AC2, ACB and AC4. As we were playing we could just FEEL that you wanted to make a really good game. AC3 also had some of that feeling, though much less, as the game's code was clearly a mess. These games just had this overall feeling of "we want this to be awesome". Unity lacked that (just like Revelations did). Bring that back in ACS.

6. MICROTRANSACTIONS. Even though there ARE people who actually spend their money on microtransactions, all it creates among the remaining 99% of your customers is a feeling of distrust. I personally cannot trust a company that cannot resist putting microtransactions into something that 90% of the time is a single-player game.

7. REVIEWS. Why block all reviews till the game release? Not all your customers are dumb. To me it looks like an attempt of covering the fact that the game is really bad, so that you pre-order it or buy it on release day in your local shop BEFORE you can actually hear that the game is terrible. Don't do that. It makes you look really dishonest. I won't buy this game anyway until I hear positive reviews, and most importantly - as stated in point 1 - if the game is not properly optimized for PC.

This is your last shot. Don't mess it up, Ubisoft.

strigoi1958
05-13-2015, 01:01 PM
@Danoney this is a series... which means it is always going to be similar but in different settings... if you don't want to play an Assassins game where the assassin has the assassins abilities (eagle vision etc) go to another franchise... GTA V we steal cars and sell them ... guess what we did in GTA games right back to GTA 1 yes the same thing... it is part of a series. Want something different go elsewhere, Syndicate is for AC fans.

@Lukash we all have personal preferences but what helps me is I never check to see what FPS are running... why worry when the game plays well ? If my 1800 ($2500) system is not good enough I'd either lower resolution or upgrade... or not buy the game.

game length is very important I like value for money and game length should be long.

Reviews... reviews are just paid advertising... I was one of the fools who bought COD MW2 because of the rave reviews of 9.9 and 9.8 but when the game launched users marked it 1 out of 10. Never listen to reviews only user reviews... don't pre-order... wait for a few days and then buy when users review it... me I'm old and time is important so I'll want it the day it is available but others can wait a few days and catch up later

SleeperSx2
05-13-2015, 03:38 PM
@strigoi1958

Do you think I'm not a fan, if I looking a bit better ? Come on !
I do not have a comment on your text. I ignore that .
And finally I stand behind every my words. Enough with the mark, kill and escape it's boring!More mysteries, more clue and more freedom to end the mission as we want. And fights shown in the video as a cartoon fight !And with stupid NPC's! We need something new!

Mezuchan
05-13-2015, 06:01 PM
@strigoi1958

And finally I stand behind every my words. Enough with the mark, kill and escape it's boring!More mysteries, more clue and more freedom to end the mission as we want. And fights shown in the video as a cartoon fight !And with stupid NPC's! We need something new!

Out of curiosity. What do you want NPCs to do?

What I hope for in ACS are some tomb/catacomb missions and some Glyph like puzzel. Loved doing those in AC II/B

RVSage
05-13-2015, 06:36 PM
@strigoi1958

Need something new??? Is the grappling hook not new??? Is the closer combat emphasis not new?? Is vehicles not new???
You are complaining for name sake.. If you do not like it.. Please stop posting in this thread.. This is a place for constructive discussion...Not to glorify your personal likes and dislikes...

This is a request.. If you cant discuss with out characters in bold.. Please humble request to leave.. Because people who do that can not be reasoned with

strigoi1958
05-13-2015, 11:35 PM
@Danoney Assassin: a murderer, esp one who kills a prominent political figure. Usually by stealth or surprise.

Assassins call their intended victims "marks" so you want an Assassin game that you do not play as an assassin ???

There are plenty they are just not called Assassins creed...

The things you do not want are the basic things that make this an Assassin game.... I like them, they are the building blocks of every AC game... this thread is exploring what things we get besides those things such as..... who is Henry and what is his role ?(and is the Kukri something to do with him ?).... will we have missions where we play as Jacobs sister ?... will we have a communal feel like AC3 homestead missions.

you say "we" need something new but really you are only speaking for yourself. The OP politely requested that this be an open and constructive thread... I'd like you to stay and discuss points but not in a negative way. As an AC fan then I'm sure if you look you will see the positives in Syndicate.

I just read that the lighting system will transform day to night and Evie is a playable character :D Has anyone found out anything about the recruit system ?

jeffies04
05-14-2015, 03:09 AM
@strigoi1958

Don't lump me in with your royal "we". I am quite happy with the series, and these additions are just enough to keep it fresh for me.

If you want something "new" so badly, play a different series, because I doubt they're changing. The things you're moaning about are the core identity of the series.

ABigFatCow
05-14-2015, 03:52 AM
all i want is the game to be optimised for the pc.atleast a bit

thaiuyeh
05-14-2015, 06:05 AM
Not pre-ordering Syndicate, I jumped on the pre-order for a CE Unity only to get burned by the appalling number of performance issues that made the game unplayable for me. I have not touched the game since the first month. Syndicate gets no special blind buy like that again from me, I will wait months for the official reviews and sales before I touch Syndicate.

Leo_2301
05-15-2015, 02:38 AM
Come on, this game will be so much better than Unity...

LAPROTO
05-15-2015, 03:25 AM
after watch the gameplay i see that look like batman arkham game and GTA

SleeperSx2
05-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Need something new??? Is the grappling hook not new??? Is the closer combat emphasis not new?? Is vehicles not new???
You are complaining for name sake.. If you do not like it.. Please stop posting in this thread.. This is a place for constructive discussion...Not to glorify your personal likes and dislikes...

This is a request.. If you cant discuss with out characters in bold.. Please humble request to leave.. Because people who do that can not be reasoned with
WOW what kind of writer you are, every cast !
How old are you ?
And regards for Ubisoft employees !!! xD

Game must be better than this !

strigoi1958
05-29-2015, 01:32 AM
WOW what kind of writer you are, every cast !
How old are you ?
And regards for Ubisoft employees !!! xD

Game must be better than this !

I pity you... your life must be in a bad way for you to come here in an effort to get attention... Syndicate is going to be far too god for you but feel free to whine here, your posts have shown you do not want to discuss things you only want to try to argue.. that is called flaming and will get you a ban

SleeperSx2
05-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Haha well that's your life looks good, be a good boy and do not cry for someone to get ban, is not beautiful it is sick.
Live your life and do not talk about this game here and praising the and that you have no idea what the game is in general. And do not make others to accept your opinion. I pity you !
For now NO PREORDER FOR ME !
Accept or still cry funny boy. And here I will not answer more because I do not want to read your unreasonable praising the game and even worse way of thinking.
Goodbye funny boy !
P.S. what is your salary ?
xD xD xD

strigoi1958
05-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Please stop using google translate it makes your posts unintelligible. And all your jealousy of us assassins creed fans and AC games makes me happy thank you.

RVSage
06-16-2015, 04:58 PM
E3 is done..

We have 3 trailers.. my favorite.. the Evie Frye Trailer... Badasss...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hocg3iOyxs

The biggest take away for me was that.. She is a Master Assassin at the start while Jacob is not

http://i.imgur.com/jCNzrbk.png

http://i.imgur.com/dezgX8T.jpg

The only thing I found odd were the combat animations.. they were fast and kind of snapy.. Otherwise the world looks vibrant.. and Evie.. is more interesting than Jacob

RVSage
06-17-2015, 04:47 AM
The source of the picture below is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYf42d0zMg

Here is the picture / frame that caught me super excited

http://i.imgur.com/AG4gdFT.png

This pretty much summarizes the games characters

On mid top...covered by calendar - You see the protagonists i.e two.. And 4 main side characters .. the second one (white hood is likely Henry Green)... The first one could be the twins father... (in the new Eve page in official website.. she says here father trained them).. Third one is again a lady and the 4th one is a guy..(judging both by hair style)

On the top left - You see.. what i guess is the templar organization... And again we have a doctor in templar ranks

On the bottom left - This is the gang hierarchy...

This is a lot of info on the characters... With good reviews coming from hands on demo.. I am excited for this game.. :cool::cool:

RVSage
07-23-2015, 10:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-l-5vuYpSw

Features from jacob playtest

RVSage
07-23-2015, 10:52 PM
Its actually off to a decent start... Check out the comments in the video above.. explaining the demo.. excitement is on a steady rise

Evie Frye playable @Gamescom.. Euro fans dont miss out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdsqmr_ym0

RVSage
07-24-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure I agree.
I don't know if its because i'm a brit and therefore I'm more critical of this instalment, but everything about AC Syndicate is getting ripped to shreds by fans.

I mean this is set Victorian London with a population at this time roughly 3 MILLION! and yet the streets are practically calm ???

I mean I know in Unity there was a revolution which explained the masses of crowds, But really ??? I live in a small rural village and we have more traffic on a weekend!

This could be because Unity's masses of NPCs caused frame rate problems but still !!!
I'm hoping that NPCs and traffic are increased before launch otherwise it will just be laughable compared to Unity.

I beg to differ.. There were enough NPC's walking on pavements.. There was more than enough traffic carriages... NPC's were not causing the frame rate issues.. rather huge buildings with interiors were...i.e Notre Dame...etc... It was never the crowds....The Co-op too caused performance issues...

I dont see the fans tearing everything.. many people welcome the rope launcher, the ability to whistle, many people are happy with Evie... Quite a few people already love carriages.. and the idea of a mobile train head quarters...Again perspective...Fans are always divided by what they want more...

Leo_2301
08-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Has Ubisoft shown the character switch yet?

El_Perz
11-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Hello there! The game released about an hour ago, and there has not been a driver update since November 9-10th. My OS and Uplay are installed on my :C drive, along with AC: Unity. I installed AC:Syndicate on my :F drive. Nvidia geforce will not detect it. Should I be worried? Please let me know if the driver is coming out. I have added the files the game is located for Nvidia to detect it.

GhostAssassinLT
11-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Did you tell GeForce experience to look for games on the F: drive?
As far as drivers are concerned you can always check the driver section on nVidia's website.

RVSage
11-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Hello there! The game released about an hour ago, and there has not been a driver update since November 9-10th. My OS and Uplay are installed on my :C drive, along with AC: Unity. I installed AC:Syndicate on my :F drive. Nvidia geforce will not detect it. Should I be worried? Please let me know if the driver is coming out. I have added the files the game is located for Nvidia to detect it.

the game ready drivers for ACS is not available from NVIDIA. So it won't detect your game

I am enjoying the game so far, Stable experience on my 970 :D The game works great

GhostAssassinLT
11-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I've got the DVD burning a hole in my computer bag... :cool:
2 hours 30 minutes left until the working day is over and I can go home to play...

RVSage
11-27-2015, 11:17 AM
pretty much everything done except collectibles, all missions completed, fully upgraded :D conquered victorian london :D
http://i.imgur.com/OoCd7T5.jpg