PDA

View Full Version : Oleg - Movie making in BoB

Spinne_3.-JG51
03-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey Oleg,
I was wondering if you've seen the movie making options in LOMAC. The way it works is that you record a track while flying normally. The trac is fixed i.e. you cannot change the angles while playing the track back. To change the angles, you edit the track. In this mode, you can change the views while you're editing the track, but once you save it again, the views get locked once more. Finally, to make the movie, you simply ask LOMAC to render the .avi file for the fixed track. The system has certain merits and some drawbacks. One merit is that while rendering the track, you don't have to play around with the camera angles. Another merit is that even if your system can't play LOMAC at full settings, you can render the track at full settings. It no longer happens in real time, but since you don't have to do anything once you start the render, you can let LOMAC render the movie overnight. One drawback is that editing the track initially is somewhat of a hassel. I was curious to know if you're planning on implementing something similar for BoB. I think most movie makers would like thiis kind of system, especially since LOMAC does all the render work, and you don't have to use a third party tool like fraps for screen capture.

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you nice! I used to know your father."

Spinne_3.-JG51
03-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey Oleg,
I was wondering if you've seen the movie making options in LOMAC. The way it works is that you record a track while flying normally. The trac is fixed i.e. you cannot change the angles while playing the track back. To change the angles, you edit the track. In this mode, you can change the views while you're editing the track, but once you save it again, the views get locked once more. Finally, to make the movie, you simply ask LOMAC to render the .avi file for the fixed track. The system has certain merits and some drawbacks. One merit is that while rendering the track, you don't have to play around with the camera angles. Another merit is that even if your system can't play LOMAC at full settings, you can render the track at full settings. It no longer happens in real time, but since you don't have to do anything once you start the render, you can let LOMAC render the movie overnight. One drawback is that editing the track initially is somewhat of a hassel. I was curious to know if you're planning on implementing something similar for BoB. I think most movie makers would like thiis kind of system, especially since LOMAC does all the render work, and you don't have to use a third party tool like fraps for screen capture.

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you nice! I used to know your father."