PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity Abandoned Now?

TheDownyy
05-05-2015, 11:05 PM
I want to start by saying I'm a massive fan of Ubisoft and their games, they have created some of the best open world story based and gameplay based games in the market.

I put alot of time into Unity and I stayed positive through the negativity that was surrounding the game(rightfully so) however after playing the entire game and the Dead Kings DLC, I haven't heard a thing from Ubisoft. I feel as if the game was abandoned after DLC being released because no patches or further DLC was ever announced. This is entirely strange considering the fact that they had a "Season Pass".I thought that having a "Season Pass" means that you get future DLC content at a discounted price and not just one piece of DLC[Dead Kings].

The game simply went silent and hardly anyone seemed to notice.

Questions;
Whats happening with this game?
Is the game "dead" to Ubisoft now?
Was more than just the Dead kings DLC planned at all?
Did the DLC get cancelled?
Ubisoft, Can you communicate with your long-time AC fans?

Please if someone can explain what happened without being a moaning immature ******, that would be appreciated and elaborate on your explanation please.

strigoi1958
05-06-2015, 12:07 AM
The game got a lot of negative remarks... mostly from serious Ubi haters... who just start an account, post a flame and disappear then wait a week and repeat. It also upset many people because the next gen graphics meant a higher than average spec system was needed.

In my humble opinion.....

Unity has been out over 6 months and most players who bought it have played it a few times or have put in hours playing co-op (over 500 for me).

the competition is only 2 weeks from finishing and a lot of people have moved on... I see a lot of teams that score 0 in the competition because they do not play,and finding people to co-op is more difficult.

Dead kings was a free gift to all to appease people who were angry with the teething problems... giving DK away... well, that upset the people with a season pass who had paid for it already, so... the season pass was removed and replaced with a free game. (so the season pass does not exist for Unity)

I think that ended the other DLC, apart from the weapons pack and a couple of missions that I bought...

I think it has run its course with the majority of fans... (possibly Ubi as well but they will still sell it) it has no game breaking bugs and so I do not see any patches... or DLC in the future.

I may be wrong but I don't think I am.... having seen lots of former club members move on to Farcry 4, Rogue, Witcher 3 and GTA V..... I put a few hours in to the competition but the members drop out quicker than they join...

I'm just waiting for AC Victory now.

strigoi1958
05-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Also check out the forum it is very quiet and will probably be like that until September/ October when it will burst into life with the anticipation and speculation over AC Victory... I think the forum can be used almost like a gauge to a game... when it is busy here the current games are busy... and when it is quiet then we fickle PC gamers have found a new game. :D

TR.Misterscruff
05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
That an influx of spammers make me wonder why bother ploughing through pages of crap and just leave as well ;)

JoxerTM22
05-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Sorry, but some people have some serious misconceptions here.
I'm not Ubi hater, I plain adored AC2, Br, Re, AC3, AC4 and Rogue. But I hate, really hate, what they did with Unity. This is simply not AC game.

Sure, every AC game has it's share of repetitiveness, but at least there were enough of different sidecontent stuff that was interesting.
Here, in Unity, this is how every single sidemission looks like:
- go at the point of green mark/area on the map
- press V for eagle vision
- kill something or/and pick something then escape

There is not a single environment puzzle from previous games (okay there is a puzzle in a certain coop mission). Instead of challenging, medium and easy puzzles, just go with brute force everywhere and that's it. It was nice to play Adawele DLC like that, but this is a full game, not a shorttime DLC!

No I don't want to crack nostradamus puzzles. Sure, it's great, educational and challenging, you get poems, check codex entries, find the next spot... But there are too many of them and the final reward is what? Ezio black rags I don't even want to have!

Detective stories? Go here, then here, then here and here and that's it, you know who did it. Hell, in one case one of witnesses admitted she was the killer before I even inspected all clues! These things feel like a bad Ubi's joke.

As for coop missions, currently I have to wait for 30+ minutes in each one that needs 4 players. Great. Just great.
One would say so what, just skip em and do SP campaign. Yea, the problem is, coop missions hold majority of ingame skill points!
The worst thing - you don't get all points by cooperating, but you have to leave your "friends" and search for points around the map - while they're dying somewhere, you're lollygagging!

The story (at least so far, I haven't finished the game yet) is shallow, silly, sometimes confusing and, sorry for saying - ******ed.
I mean, Marquise de Sade as a conspiracy acter/creator? ROTFL
That guy definetly wanted to grab pairs of "apples", but those were not apples of eden. Well... I mean, yea, depends on the person, but... You know what I mean.

Nonexisting/bad PC optimization aside, I don't know what Ubi wanted exactly to achieve with this game, but in all honesty, AC:Unity is the only AC game I played that I can't recommend to anyone. All other AC games I did play I told my friends to buy. This one... I just can't.
And if Ubi plans to make AC:London the same way as AC:Unity, I will simply not buy it.
Sorry about that.

strigoi1958
05-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Personal choice really.... I hate hate really hate AC2 and the feedback from gamers about the tombs stopped the timed levers being put in again... just as well or I would have destroyed my pc and monitor out of frustration ;)... but others seem to like it... definitely the worst AC ever but again that's only personal choice.

jeffies04
05-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Personal choice really.... I hate hate really hate AC2 and the feedback from gamers about the tombs stopped the timed levers being put in again... just as well or I would have destroyed my pc and monitor out of frustration ;)... but others seem to like it... definitely the worst AC ever but again that's only personal choice.

Oh man I remember the rage quitting I had during those timed puzzles. Funny thing is, it was GREAT practice for the sensitive controls (i.e. wall-jumping in a different direction). It definitely made me a pro at that sort of thing and now I can go back in and breeze through those timed puzzles. But it took HOURS probably in total to get it down and the stress of the frustration probably took hours off my life.

Leo_2301
05-09-2015, 06:00 PM
The game didn't live up to many people's expectations. And many people hate Ubisoft for developing Assassin's Creed Unity. Plus new other game releases is also a reason. Oh and the forum will be excited for AC:S's launch, which according to me will be better than Assassin's Creed: Unity.

playlisting
05-10-2015, 05:13 AM
This is going to seem like another flame post and to some extent it is. But oh well.

Of course they've abandoned it. This game, when it released, was a buggy, slow, unresponsive, poorly performing slop. I bought it on the first day for PS4 and quite honestly could not believe that a huge developer and publisher like Ubi could release a new game in this state. This game was flat out not finished. The bigwigs then went off to a room to smoke 6 foot cigars lit with a hundred dollar bill, and handed it off to the community managers/developers to try and sort out. The live patch log or whatever it's called was going completely ape-**** trying to reply to people to help them and updating these enormous change logs, meanwhile the actual developers were probably working God knows how many hours to try and fix it when they just bloody couldn't in the amount of time they were given. And now we have another one coming out, and the people that were working on patching Unity will have been moved to Syndicate's development months ago.

I feel sorry for the developers. They're truly talented people that are getting rushed and pushed around. And it's not like sales are dropping either .Whether the game's amazing or if it's

a buggy, slow, unresponsive, poorly performing slop the game sells millions.

The most annoying this is though, is that I just wrote out this paragraph, and absolutely nothing will come of it. It's just worthless text and won't stop them from pumping out game after game after game and slowly ruining a once great series.

MaXThReAT99
05-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Considering they just deleted the thread : NVIDIA GeometryWorks DirectX 11 Advanced Tessellation Update for AC: Unity (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1049815-NVIDIA-GeometryWorks-DirectX-11-Advanced-Tessellation-Update-for-AC-Unity-Forums)"

Cached here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vVs4wHwUh_oJ:forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1049815-NVIDIA-GeometryWorks-DirectX-11-Advanced-Tessellation-Update-for-AC-Unity-Forums+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Reasons it's over.
1. They are deleting threads now.
2. There have been no update
3. People are talking about it being illegal and false advertising.

I talked to a buddy that works somewhere and he said. "No we're done with Unity. I feel sorry for anyone who got a season pass, we just don't care, they already bought the game and we got their money."

It will be shoved under the rug and forgotten, just make sure to buy the next AC if you haven't already.

Locopells
05-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Don't get paranoid, it got deleted. because it got caught in a spam sweep. Thank you for highlighting the issue - fixing now.

MaXThReAT99
05-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks Locopells.

Edit: Something else for Ubisoft to consider. This is a well known quality assurance fact backed by many studies in different industries. A customer who is totally satisfied and/or very happy with their purchase/service might tell one or two people about how happy they are. On the other hand a dissatisfied customer will almost always share their negative experiences with over 10 people. Furthermore for every complaint or dissatisfied customer that voices their opinion there are generally twice as many that are just as dissatisfied that will not take the time to actually lodge a complaint. Looking at threads replies and views there is quite a large base still involved and many more that are simply silent but just as unhappy or dissatisfied.

strigoi1958
05-10-2015, 05:12 PM
There's probably less than 3% of people who buy AC games actually come to the forums and the highest percentage of complaints are about user problems or user specific system problems... the rest are meme's (I want this, I want that or else) and finally the last group are complaining about the bugs and glitches that ALL AAA titles have. (they also tend to try to add weight to their complaint by saying things like "lawsuit" "class action" and "lots of people" without specific numbers.... or "I know someone who knows someone at Ubisoft and they said...."

For every complaint on the forum there are 5 positive posts and for every silent unhappy person there are hundreds of happy people. Companies listen to marketing analysts and sales figures... not a forum member... just as well or pc gaming would be extinct ;) Believe me if Unity (or any game) was perfect for you, I guarantee 100% there would be people complaining....

I have a library of bad games.. Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, to name a few. Just because I don't like the bugs, the gameplay, the key bindings, the too frequent animations.... does not make them bad games for anyone else.

They are just bad for me... my choice... but... like most rational people, I have never gone to the forums to complain... they just go in my "not-right-for-me" section. I don't waste time on things that are not right for me...especially something as unimportant as a game.
PC gaming is just the childish way we like to spend free time and what helps me put that into perspective is............

No triple A game maker will ever make a game that....
Everyone who plays it loves it and it never receives 1 complaint
Does not need a patch ever
Does not get a group of people all wanting something changed to suit themselves.

JoxerTM22
05-11-2015, 03:54 PM
It's true there will always be crybabies.
But also, if your AAA title is garbage, do expect a blizzard of trolls or valid complainers - and that's exactly what happened with Unity.
You didn't see the same amount of complaints about AC:Rogue? Neither did I. In fact most of opinions about Rogue are highly positive. Because Rogue on PC is a polished nearmasterpiece.

Plain and simple, unlike previous AC games, Unity promised a lot but in the end it didn't deliver.
Let's just hope Ubi won't repeat the same mistakes with AC:London.

IMRicko
05-11-2015, 05:11 PM
It didn't live up to people's expectation after the hype train, much like WatchDogs. The series has been dry since AC3 ended anyway. Probably devs ran out of budget to make new patches plus Ubi is gonna hype up ACS real soon.

Nemesis7675
12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
strigoi1958 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/632944-strigoi1958)
but... like most rational people, I have never gone to the forums to complain
Boy, AC Unity destroys me saves.
You`re calling this a complain and I`m a cry baby?
Ok boddy, ok no problem
Nothing serious`s happend
Just another save`ve been corrupted.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-01-2015, 03:26 PM
strigoi1958 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/632944-strigoi1958)
but... like most rational people, I have never gone to the forums to complain
Boy, AC Unity destroys me saves.
You`re calling this a complain and I`m a cry baby?
Ok boddy, ok no problem
Nothing serious`s happend
Just another save`ve been corrupted.

some people are too naive, you can't help that, for every people who agrees they removed multiple saves is a backward thing to do, there are naive people asking you to backup your saves manually. .

GhostAssassinLT
12-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Or as I prefer to say: It wasn't better in the past, it's just worse now... :p

As far as removing the multiple saves goes, I think it has been said (or speculated in the fact that) it was done to prevent people from/make it harder for people to letting friends and family play the game.
When you purchase a game you actually don't own the game per se, you own the right to install it on one computer for your own personal use, letting friends and family playing the game mean that you violate the EULA. Hence I think it's only logical that multiple save slots were removed.
However, you still have the ability to go back to any particular memory and replay it, so in a way you actually do have multiple save slots, they are just available to you in a different way and you can't say I want to save exactly where I am at at this point in time.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Or as I prefer to say: It wasn't better in the past, it's just worse now... :p

As far as removing the multiple saves goes, I think it has been said (or speculated in the fact that) it was done to prevent people from/make it harder for people to letting friends and family play the game.
When you purchase a game you actually don't own the game per se, you own the right to install it on one computer for your own personal use, letting friends and family playing the game mean that you violate the EULA. Hence I think it's only logical that multiple save slots were removed.
However, you still have the ability to go back to any particular memory and replay it, so in a way you actually do have multiple save slots, they are just available to you in a different way and you can't say I want to save exactly where I am at at this point in time.

literally every game that's been released in the last 2 years have multiple saves lol that's just a cheap cop out way of saying we dont want you to play it twice or not let your family members play. if people wanted to play. they can by deleting the save the eula statement is pretty baseless. considering every game company has the option except Ubisoft starting with Watch dogs in 2014.