PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things We Need Back In Assassin's Creed Victory

ACConspiracies
05-05-2015, 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckd4Xz1dj4g&feature=youtu.be

What do you think should return and what shouldn't return?

TheJurre
05-05-2015, 01:15 PM
What I know shouldn't return is Naval Combat. I loved it, but enough is enough.

I'd like them to start putting things together. The Phoenix Project, Juno, etc. I don't want another modern day story where we are an abstergo employee.
I liked the modern day parts of Black Flag and Rogue, but I would to like see more of the Assassin side, and not in the form that Unity used. I'd prefer another Desmond story thing.

I completely agree with your list by the way. Keep up the good work!

phoenix-force411
05-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Already posted my thoughts on your video, but I do disagree with the majority of what you've listed. I don't get it, and I believe it was Assassin_M who said fans didn't know what they want from the series anymore, and I completely agree with that statement. This video is an example of that statement.

king-hailz
05-05-2015, 02:43 PM
I don't understand why some of the things were taken out in the first place! Like the dual wielding, it was marketed so heavily as a main feature... It would be like them getting rid of the CoOp in Victory...

phoenix-force411
05-05-2015, 03:11 PM
I don't understand why some of the things were taken out in the first place! Like the dual wielding, it was marketed so heavily as a main feature... It would be like them getting rid of the CoOp in Victory...

It's not like you could choose what you wanted to wield for the other hand. I have always treated it as one weapon, because it didn't change how the gameplay mechanics worked. All dual-wield has brought was long animations for sheathing and unsheathing your weapons besides ACIII's dual-wielding.

Megas_Doux
05-05-2015, 03:27 PM

I like the fact that each protagonist has had its own fighting style, Ezio/Altair is kinda generic, but sure is different from Connor and his native american version of Kratos. Haytham and Arno fence, mostly the former and Edward with his swashbuckling two swords. Shay is poor animated version of Edward and Connor, though.

In regards of the topic: I disagree with the first part of the list for I donīt want to be a demigod killing machine being able to take on dozens on guards with bare to none difficulty since the very beginning of the game ever again.

About whistling, well I do understand the complaints, however instead of adding it again Iīd rather improve the AI and dynamics of the guards. I fully agree on the "better story", background music and modern.

Talking about the modern gameplay/story, I would make it different and to me, better than just read e-mails and parkouring here and there Thing is that would require way better stealth mechanics, though..

king-hailz
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM
I like the fact that since Connor each protagonist has had its own fighting style Ezio/Altair is kinda generic, but sure is different from Connor and his native american version of Kratos. Haytham and Arno fence, mostly the former and Edward with his swashbuckling two swords. Shay is poor animated version of Edward and Connor, though.

In regards of the topic: I disagree with the first part of the list for I donīt want to be a demigod killing machine being able to take on dozens on guards with bare to none difficulty since the very beginning of the game ever again.

About whistling, well I do understand the complaints, however instead of adding it again I rather improve the AI and dynamics of the guards. I fully agree on the "better story", background music and modern.

Talking about the modern gameplay/story, I would make it different and to me, better than just read e-mails and parkouring here and there Thing is that would require way better stealth mechanics, though..

I actually think they could use the Unity mechanics for a very good Modern Day! Imagine in the game you get shot twice and die! You would have to be extremely stealthy! Just imagine a room where there are two guards and our modern day character is hiding behind some boxes, you would have to use a smoke bomb to distract them and then kill them with a hidden blade kill. It would work really well! Some guards have guns and some guards have batons which you can just fight with... It could work well and I wouldn't understand why they don't have it in Victory!

Megas_Doux
05-05-2015, 03:38 PM
I actually think they could use the Unity mechanics for a very good Modern Day! Imagine in the game you get shot twice and die! You would have to be extremely stealthy! Just imagine a room where there are two guards and our modern day character is hiding behind some boxes, you would have to use a smoke bomb to distract them and then kill them with a hidden blade kill. It would work really well! Some guards have guns and some guards have batons which you can just fight with... It could work well and I wouldn't understand why they don't have it in Victory!

I Agree!!!

But with improved mechanics.

Xstantin
05-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Already posted my thoughts on your video, but I do disagree with the majority of what you've listed. I don't get it, and I believe it was Assassin_M who said fans didn't know what they want from the series anymore, and I completely agree with that statement. This video is an example of that statement.

Agreed. Lol, Unity took things fans wanted like open assassinations/cover/harder combat/roftops to run around/somewhat functinal brotherhood etc. and look how far it got :rolleyes: damned if you do, blah blah

king-hailz
05-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Agreed. Lol, Unity took things fans wanted like open assassinations/cover/harder combat/roftops to run around/somewhat functinal brotherhood etc. and look how far it got :rolleyes: damned if you do, blah blah

They are things we wanted but they were done very sloppily, it wouldn't be so sloppy if they stopped making new engines with completely different mechanics every two years. They should refine what they already have! Now they have a decent engine to build upon and should really focus on refining the stealth and cover systems!

king-hailz
05-05-2015, 10:55 PM
I Agree!!!

But with improved mechanics.

Yeah it could be great! I really hope they do something with this... They have all the ingredients layed out in front of them!

dxsxhxcx
05-05-2015, 11:55 PM
VR training room (reason: it was fun and IMO there is much more that can be done with it);

Modern days like it was before AC4 (reason: the new one just sucks and I find easier to relate to someone else' story than pretend I'm the protagonist, especially when I'm not given enough freedom to do as I please and be "myself");

Multiple cities, AC1/2 style (reason: IMO multiple cities helped the narrative and its pace and this way we don't get bored of being at the same place for the entire game);

unarmed combat (reason: the removal of this feature IMO was just a lazy way to "increase" difficulty, or worse, an attempt to make the game looks different just for the sake of it);

assassination with any weapon (reason: same as above, unless the narrative give us a reason to not use certain weapons, I don't see why we shouldn't use them);

renovation as it was in AC2 (reason: if implemented, it doesn't need to be bigger than that);

non-intrusive animus walls as it used to be in AC1 (reason: this way we don't get familiar with the entire map in the first hour of the game);

Megas_Doux
05-06-2015, 12:03 AM
[LIST]
non-intrusive animus walls as it used to be in AC1 (reason: this way we don't get familiar with the entire map in the first hour of the game);

I strongly disagree, I HATED animus walls. Oh and the animus walls in AC I were pretty intrusive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhf5T66unss

dxsxhxcx
05-06-2015, 12:22 AM
I strongly disagree, I HATED animus walls. Oh and the animus walls in AC I were pretty intrusive:

the player was looking for the animus walls on purpose on this video, so they'll obviously get on his way more often than they should...

from what I can remember they didn't use to get in my way as often as AC2's or, god forbid, ACB's walls did, of all the games with animus walls, IMO AC1's walls seems to be the less intrusive ones...

Megas_Doux
05-06-2015, 12:37 AM
the player was looking for the animus walls on purpose on this video, so they'll obviously get on his way more often than they should...

from what I can remember they didn't use to get in my way as often as AC2's or, god forbid, ACB's walls did, of all the games with animus walls, IMO AC1's walls seems to be the less intrusive ones...

Both AC Iīs, AC IIīs and ACBīs worked the same, keeping you out of districts. In AC I when you get the choice to kill any of the first target and second wave of targets, letīs say Garnier, Talal and Tamir, you cannot access the rest of the districts until Al mualim gives you the assassinations within those districts. The difference is that since you choose to which city you can go, unlike AC II/ACB where is story is more linear in that regard, the feeling of freedom is little bit bigger......

SixKeys
05-06-2015, 09:18 AM
At least AC1's walls didn't make you desynchronize since you couldn't move past them. I never understood why they made it possible in AC2 and ACB to move a few steps beyond those walls when all it did was warn you that desynching was imminent. It was especially annoying in the Flying Machine missions where it was possible to accidentally fly outside the mission boundaries.

D.I.D.
05-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Better combat animations

Well, the word "better" is subjective, and also I don't like your examples. Playing a game with supposedly awesome animations makes gameplay feel very intermittent, snatching control away from me so I can see the cool thing that guy did. Keep it neat, fast, and not too flashy. Also the inclusion of murder ballet will by necessity encourage 1 vs 50 fights, and I really want to see a permanent end to that nonsense.

Unarmed combat

I really don't miss it. "You" are an assassin, in the game. That's not a good person. The only reason to want unarmed combat is because it messes with your notions of Ezio, Arno et al as being lovable characters. They shouldn't be lovable, or at the very least not easily lovable. The writers need to work on this.

If the inclusion of unarmed combat sacrifices other controls, it shouldn't be there.

Hidden blade combat

No. Let the weapons have different uses. If I swing an axe into your lightly armoured arm, it will come off. It looks wrong, it encourages redundancy in the range of weapons, and again it makes the character into Wolverine and therefore a whirlwind of death. No.

Dual counter kills

These weren't gone in Unity?

Whistle

Something like that, maybe, but the whistling is a bit goofy, especially when you're doing it 20 times a session. I think the ability to throw pebbles would be better, since you could choose to aim them either close or far.

Assassination with any weapon

I don't even know that this means, but okay. I think it's reasonable for the client to demand that a kill be done a certain way though.

Ambient music

It's been nice in other games, but then again I really like how rich the soundstage was in Unity. I like how many layers of sound there are that really connect to what's going on in front of you, and aren't just a blanket of suitable atmosphere. If music got in the way of me being able to follow a subtle real-world audio cue to follow to a unique point of interest, that would be bad. I'd like to see these games doing more to encourage observation, and taking spots and markers off the mini-map and map.

Jesper Kyd for soundtrack

Other composers are available. I'd rather they did something really interesting - invite a group like Amiina to make a layered, reactive soundtrack.

Better story

Again, subjective, but I'm sure we'd all like that!

More modern day

No thanks. It's probably coming because they've got this film franchise to sell, but any potential it had was wrecked long ago. I think it would need a reboot and a complete reimagining of what these games are in order to save this aspect in a decent way.