PDA

View Full Version : Search and Rescue?

Frequent_Flyer
08-22-2004, 10:34 AM
As I took one too many .50.cal.hits and glided my Bf-110 into the sea. I was thinking about a possible search and rescue aspect to this beloved sim. How incredible it would be to attempt a water landing to rescue a downed ace, or race to capture a downed enemy ace. Thus depriving the enemy of one its high scoring pilots. The impact on a campaigne would be very interesting. I know it is most likely too late for AEP. However, with PF taking place largely over water it would be a large part of the "realality" of this type of air combat.

*****************************"Hitler Built A Fortress Around Europe,But He Forgot to Put A Roof On It" ~ FDR

Frequent_Flyer
08-22-2004, 10:34 AM
As I took one too many .50.cal.hits and glided my Bf-110 into the sea. I was thinking about a possible search and rescue aspect to this beloved sim. How incredible it would be to attempt a water landing to rescue a downed ace, or race to capture a downed enemy ace. Thus depriving the enemy of one its high scoring pilots. The impact on a campaigne would be very interesting. I know it is most likely too late for AEP. However, with PF taking place largely over water it would be a large part of the "realality" of this type of air combat.

*****************************"Hitler Built A Fortress Around Europe,But He Forgot to Put A Roof On It" ~ FDR

THE_Bu11dog
08-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Well if you go to The AFSG Squadron's Website (http://afsg.whatzit-inc.com/index.html), they have (at this time) 178 co-op missions available for downloading. There are a few "Downed Pilot" missions included. One involves flying an IL2 to a remote mountain location to pick up a pilot who was shot down. The mission is in horrible weather at night. Another one involves a PBY which had to land in the ocean. You have to find the Catalina and protect it from the enemy who is also trying to find the plane and sink it. You have to fend off the enemy until a second Cat comes in to pick up the crew of the crippled downed Cat.

They have some great and challenging co-op missions on their site.

Be sure to check them out if you get a chance.