PDA

View Full Version : paypal tournaments

mariosbel
05-05-2015, 02:50 AM
I love this game and I get sad when people say they are losing interest in the game.

So I got a idea for a tournament that will give you something to look forward every Sunday.

Starting Monday 11th the first weekly paypal tournaments will take place and all the replay will be stream on my twitch channel on Sundays.

Here are the details: pairings will be announced on the Sunday before the tournament.

The rounds will be play the following way
Monday 11th: round 1
Tuesday 12th: round 2
Wednesday 13th: round 3
Thursday 14th : round 4
Friday and/or Saturday: finals

Player will have to contact their opponent and choose the time for playing the games for the rounds. after you play your match the winner will have to send me the replay before the end of the day gmt-0400 eastern daylight time example: Monday by 23:59 @mariosbel@gmail.com. The next round will be announced here by the next day at 02:00 am.

games will be play on best out of 3.

Players can change decks after every game.

Tournament.
1st place 25$ as paypal gift
2nd place 10$
3rd place 5
I know is not much but this is just the start after the first tournament I might Double the amount.

Is gonna be a 16 player tournament.

Format is gonna be modified standard.

BanEd Card.
mother namtaru, invoker of death (1/2/0
kal-aazar invoker of agony
Mass rage.
barracks limited to 2

Player so far.

BabuViking
X-Bahamut89
Qiazo
Dna1985r
SarethITA
porivvetra5
Xevaloo
shoop1189306233
Woodder

tournamet closed.

make sure to check the tournament page on http://challonge.com/paypaltournament1 and contact your opponent to set a time to play your games. good luck and have fun :)

fmarin87
05-05-2015, 03:24 AM
Nice idea! thanks!

I thought about joining, but then I realized there will be lots of Kal-Azaars and decided not to.

Maybe next month. ;)

Licker34
05-05-2015, 04:19 AM
Sounds really cool.

I hope you make some interesting deck rules to keep it from being a spam fest of the same decks.

I have some ideas for tournaments myself, but I never have any time to organize them. I'd be happy just playing some odd swiss with people for fun, this game really needs a better messaging system.

R3ZZ_
05-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Great initiative!

However, a lot of people cannot spend weekend for tournament. May be, it will be better to prolong tournament over the week, with 1-2 day for turn. And use Sunday Stream to comment replays of tournament. This much approach is much easier for time management. Also such type of rules permit to increase number of participants.

What are you think about it?

NowILetUHaveit
05-05-2015, 10:00 AM
BabuViking

X-Bahamut89
05-05-2015, 10:39 AM
X-Bahamut89

Qiazo
05-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Gib place! (I promise I won't play Kal-Azar!)

Qiazo

Dna1985r
05-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Dna1985r

SarethITA
05-05-2015, 08:06 PM
SarethITA

PORIVVETRA
05-05-2015, 10:49 PM
porivvetra5

SweetyBoobs
05-06-2015, 01:45 AM
xevaloo

WesternLong
05-06-2015, 02:17 AM
What is the format/time of the tournament?

shop1189306233
05-06-2015, 05:31 AM
Shop1189306233

mariosbel
05-08-2015, 07:01 AM
Great initiative!

However, a lot of people cannot spend weekend for tournament. May be, it will be better to prolong tournament over the week, with 1-2 day for turn. And use Sunday Stream to comment replays of tournament. This much approach is much easier for time management. Also such type of rules permit to increase number of participants.

What are you think about it?

That is a very good idea I thin I'm gonna do it like that

mariosbel
05-08-2015, 08:19 AM
What is the format/time of the tournament?

The format is gonna be stardar with 3 banned card kal, mother namtaru and mass rage.

And the time will be from Monday 11 to Saturday 16. For more details I edited the main post.

X-Bahamut89
05-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Which mother namtaru is gonna be banned? Also i would like to make 2 other suggestions for bannings so that the tourney will be more fun. First of all Dhamiria, i saw that you wanted to ban combodecks by excluding mass rage, but dhamiria lock works without mass rage and is really awful to Play against. And second if there are no Combo and stall decks we should get rid of Time Jump that Card is annoying as hell and only produces one undeserved win after another. Would really like it if we hadnt timejump around, but only if it isnt needed to beat stall decks.

mariosbel
05-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Which mother namtaru is gonna be banned? Also i would like to make 2 other suggestions for bannings so that the tourney will be more fun. First of all Dhamiria, i saw that you wanted to ban combodecks by excluding mass rage, but dhamiria lock works without mass rage and is really awful to Play against. And second if there are no Combo and stall decks we should get rid of Time Jump that Card is annoying as hell and only produces one undeserved win after another. Would really like it if we hadnt timejump around, but only if it isnt needed to beat stall decks.

1/2/0 namtaru.
in my opinion time jump is not op. As for dhamiria let's see what happens this is just the first tournament we can adjust the ban list as we do more tournament. Thanks for all the suggestion I really appreciate then :)

NowILetUHaveit
05-10-2015, 08:56 AM
1/2/0 namtaru.
in my opinion time jump is not op. As for dhamiria let's see what happens this is just the first tournament we can adjust the ban list as we do more tournament. Thanks for all the suggestion I really appreciate then :)
Nevermind

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8B7A3CFFEBE9CCD8

Aranarth78
05-10-2015, 09:10 AM
1st place 25$ as paypal gift
2nd place 10$
3rd place 5
I know is not much but this is just the start after the first tournament I might Doble the amount.

40$ cash prize is 40 more than what Ubisoft would give. That's nice. :)

About restricted cards, without Namtaru to counter Anton and other ******ed stackable decks, I would recommend to limit Barracks to 1ex. :p

blackdragonstor
05-10-2015, 09:31 AM
This sounds like a nice idea,but imo the rewards shouldnt be money.
You should use that 40$ and make 3 prizes which are known beforehand.
The prizes would go to top 3.
If a lot of people signs in you could hold a double turnament or just make qualification round which is for free.

If not you are turning mmdoc in to a gambling game in the range of poker and such.

pjlan2
05-10-2015, 02:07 PM
why souldn't it be money ? what else seals ? seals have little utility while money have real not to mention you can buy seals for money while you can't refund seals for money. Look at Hearthstone or LoL they are competitive games not because of the games themselves but because of what is at stake : money

blackdragonstor
05-10-2015, 03:34 PM
why souldn't it be money ? what else seals ? seals have little utility while money have real not to mention you can buy seals for money while you can't refund seals for money. Look at Hearthstone or LoL they are competitive games not because of the games themselves but because of what is at stake : money

Well,I am not saying the reward should be seals if not money.
I am saying anything else.

A toy,some cards,something from the store to eat like chocolate bar or something.
Obviously that the turnament holder has to send those items.

I would apreciate such a reward more than money or seals.
Because seals are just ingame for mmdoc,while money seems too "grey" akka not important or special.
Also if the reward is money then we will see all kind of ****ty players using "top" hack decks to win the max amount of money.

Woodder
05-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Money is much more convenient.

The guy that take care of organize this should not be critizise for his choice of making tournament for money. It is a good idea and there is nothing wrong about that.

If you want to organize a tournament where the prize are s3x toys instead you are free to take the innitiative and organize it, nothing prevent you from doing that =) (but please new and clean ones, not already used ones, that would ruin the fun)

blackdragonstor
05-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Money is much more convenient.

The guy that take care of organize this should not be critizise for his choice of making tournament for money. It is a good idea and there is nothing wrong about that.

If you want to organize a tournament where the prize are s3x toys instead you are free to take the innitiative and organize it, nothing prevent you from doing that =) (but please new and clean ones, not already used ones, that would ruin the fun)

I am not saying it must be toys.
That was just an example.
And the prizes would be known before the turnament so people that dont like them dont have to enter.
The prizes could cost more than 40$ total if more people enters.

As I said,money will attract wrong type of players.
If it were some prize instead of money I would consider entering,but I doubt I would win anything but for money dont really care.

Woodder
05-10-2015, 05:23 PM
I am not saying it must be toys.
That was just an example.
And the prizes would be known before the turnament so people that dont like them dont have to enter.
The prizes could cost more than 40$ total if more people enters.

As I said,money will attract wrong type of players.
If it were some prize instead of money I would consider entering,but I doubt I would win anything but for money dont really care.

Instead of asking something, take the initiative and do it. If he can do it you can do it. Stop begging and do something.

You think it will attract the wrong type of player ? So what then just don't participate. And again there is no proof of that, and there is no proof that the "wrong type of player" wouldn't be attracted by any type of tournament. This is just hypothesis.

Asking without being willing to do the effort of doing it yourself is being demanding. That guy did the effort of doing a money tournament, he is doing something good and i salute that kind of effort.

blackdragonstor
05-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Instead of asking something, take the initiative and do it. If he can do it you can do it. Stop begging and do something.

You think it will attract the wrong type of player ? So what then just don't participate. And again there is no proof of that, and there is no proof that the "wrong type of player" wouldn't be attracted by any type of tournament. This is just hypothesis.

Asking without being willing to do the effort of doing it yourself is being demanding. That guy did the effort of doing a money tournament, he is doing something good and i salute that kind of effort.

well,if I had the will and time I would,but I dont so I am stuck at suggesting.
I hope he will think about what I said,if he holds another turnament in the future,cuz this one is already set.

Hakuteiken13
05-10-2015, 06:43 PM
i just want to watch the matches. i dont have confidence in my decks :)

and to the OP ; this is a really good idea bro. i really appreciate and admire your efforts.

Woodder
05-10-2015, 07:06 PM
BTW if you need more players I am in too

mariosbel
05-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Well,I am not saying the reward should be seals if not money.
I am saying anything else.

A toy,some cards,something from the store to eat like chocolate bar or something.
Obviously that the turnament holder has to send those items.

I would apreciate such a reward more than money or seals.
Because seals are just ingame for mmdoc,while money seems too "grey" akka not important or special.
Also if the reward is money then we will see all kind of ****ty players using "top" hack decks to win the max amount of money.

im doing money prizes because there no way to buy seals and give then away.

mariosbel
05-11-2015, 05:13 AM
BTW if you need more players I am in too

you are in :).

WesternLong
05-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Let us know how to access replays when you have them :P

mariosbel
05-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Let us know how to access replays when you have them :P

im gonna do a stream on Sunday after the tournament and maybe star uploading then to youtube

WesternLong
05-11-2015, 09:58 AM
im gonna do a stream on Sunday after the tournament and maybe star uploading then to youtube

Nice. If you don't mind, one day or so before stream post a link to your twitch and the time of the stream on this thread. It will refresh the thread to remind people, and it will give usefull information for those looking to watch it

BB_Momi
05-11-2015, 01:17 PM
<Thread moved to Player-Tournaments Forum Category>

Dna1985r
05-11-2015, 11:23 PM
SarethITA

Hi
What is your proper nick in game because SarethITA doesn't excist.
I will be today at 22-24 CET maybe earlier so send me invitation.

Woodder
05-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Shop communicated with me using private message but I was at work (I might be the only north americain player in the tournament)

I don't know how I will be able to play my games with him. You guys are probably all aslepp right now.

mariosbel
05-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Shop communicated with me using private message but I was at work (I might be the only north americain player in the tournament)

I don't know how I will be able to play my games with him. You guys are probably all aslepp right now.

I'm sorry to hear that. if you guys don't get a chance to play I'm probably gonna give the win to him since I know is gonna be hard for you and the other players to get a chance to play because they are European and you from north america.

Woodder
05-12-2015, 12:47 AM
That is fine I just participated to support you.

I am still very pissed though.

SarethITA
05-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi
What is your proper nick in game because SarethITA doesn't excist.
I will be today at 22-24 CET maybe earlier so send me invitation.

Hi,
I've already sent you the friend request in-game and a PM in the forum, by the way the nick is correct, mabye you've already axepted mine, give me a time for today, i can connect at any time.

Dna1985r
05-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi,
I've already sent you the friend request in-game and a PM in the forum, by the way the nick is correct, mabye you've already axepted mine, give me a time for today, i can connect at any time.

Ok I am ready, I got you on friends list. ;)

X-Bahamut89
05-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Hmmmm, Im waiting 4 and a half hours now for my Opponent and were heading straight for midnight... What happens if i cant Play him today?

Dna1985r
05-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Hmmmm, Im waiting 4 and a half hours now for my Opponent and were heading straight for midnight... What happens if i cant Play him today?

I have the same situation here. I wait to my opponent 3 h.

X-Bahamut89
05-13-2015, 12:09 AM
I will go to sleep now, i have been online and available for 9 hours today. I dont think anyone could expect more. We will hear tomorrow what mariosbel will do now.

SarethITA
05-13-2015, 12:27 AM
I've sent the replays mariosbel, tell me if it is all ok.

Qiazo
05-13-2015, 04:40 AM
I sent them too, hopefully it was ok?

Aranarth78
05-13-2015, 07:18 AM
If there's another tournament, and I hope there will be one, please start announcing it 3 weeks before with clear rules. And maybe add a clause to cancel it if there's not enough players + wait/backup list. --> I think the first one has not been taken seriously. Probably partly because it lacked coverage and time to spread, poor initial english post that didnt help us believe it was serious, rules added on the rush (it's good to be flexible but better discuss these before starting inscriptions, no ?), in a word the organization was sloppy.

Get support from active members of the community, also ask CMs for help: the only thing this game has right now is some poor CMs trying to keep the player base interested with all kind of events, involve them!

I think this first tournament is a good learning experience. ;)

mariosbel
05-13-2015, 07:58 AM
If there's another tournament, and I hope there will be one, please start announcing it 3 weeks before with clear rules. And maybe add a clause to cancel it if there's not enough players + wait/backup list. --> I think the first one has not been taken seriously. Probably partly because it lacked coverage and time to spread, poor initial english post that didnt help us believe it was serious, rules added on the rush (it's good to be flexible but better discuss these before starting inscriptions, no ?), in a word the organization was sloppy.

Get support from active members of the community, also ask CMs for help: the only thing this game has right now is some poor CMs trying to keep the player base interested with all kind of events, involve them!

I think this first tournament is a good learning experience. ;)

Yeah thanks for the tips :). There will be more tournament for sure.
And I'm definitely gonna need help from other people in the future because I'm doing this in between the little time I got between 12 hours shifts :(

mariosbel
05-13-2015, 08:02 AM
I will go to sleep now, i have been online and available for 9 hours today. I dont think anyone could expect more. We will hear tomorrow what mariosbel will do now.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't play your opponent. you get the win since you were available and your opponent didn't show up

mariosbel
05-13-2015, 08:06 AM
I've sent the replays mariosbel, tell me if it is all ok.

I'll let you know in 3 hours when I get home from work :)

mariosbel
05-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I sent them too, hopefully it was ok?

I'll let you know when I get home from work

mariosbel
05-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Sorry for all the inconvenience I'm really trying here. I live in new York and work 6 pm to 6 am keep that I'm mind if I'm not updating de tournament page or not replying here :)

mariosbel
05-13-2015, 11:10 AM
round 3 is up

Qiazo
05-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Sent in the replays for round 3.

NowILetUHaveit
05-13-2015, 06:10 PM
@Mariosbel
Hey I send u a pm
Because shop played a banned card

mariosbel
05-14-2015, 02:05 AM
@Mariosbel
Hey I send u a pm
Because shop played a banned card

Pm,d you

mariosbel
05-14-2015, 02:07 AM
Sent in the replays for round 3.

You are in the final, good luck :)

SarethITA
05-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Today at 21:00 CEST I'll play vs Shop

mariosbel
05-15-2015, 10:19 PM
last round is up :)

Qiazo
05-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Yay! I will prove that I...uh, will lose.

shop1189306233
05-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Yay!

Check your inbox please.

X-Bahamut89
05-16-2015, 10:29 PM
So, i played SarethITA today. After i won the first game he surrendered. I can send you a screenshot of the conversation. Also if you want to have the replay you Need to tell me how to send it because i have never done this before.

mariosbel
05-17-2015, 02:47 PM
So, i played SarethITA today. After i won the first game he surrendered. I can send you a screenshot of the conversation. Also if you want to have the replay you Need to tell me how to send it because i have never done this before.

download this program http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817263-quot-DoC-Replay-Manager-quot-yet-another-tool-try-it-! there you can see all your replays just drag and drop the ones you want to send and attach then to the email.

mariosbel
05-17-2015, 02:54 PM
thanks you all for participating :) congratulations to shop on taking first place. everyone will revive their prizes in the next two days.

X-Bahamut89
05-17-2015, 08:48 PM
I sent you an E-Mail with the promised stuff. Please tell us when the replays are online. Im quite curious about them.

shop1189306233
05-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Promised mariosbel to post when I recieved my winnings, to show the legitimacy of these tournaments:

http://i.imgur.com/VevBbHX.png

Cheers man, it's an awesome thing you're doing here. ^^

X-Bahamut89
05-21-2015, 02:48 PM
I didnt get my reward so far :(

mariosbel
05-22-2015, 03:16 AM
I didnt get my reward so far :(

I'm gonna have to double check because I did send it.

X-Bahamut89
05-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Aaaaaahhhhh, now everything is cool, i received it today :) What about the replays?

Aranarth78
05-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Are replays pay per wiew or what ?
Replays or it didn't happen ! :)

mariosbel
05-23-2015, 01:22 AM
Aaaaaahhhhh, now everything is cool, i received it today :) What about the replays?

I been really busy and haven't have time to stream or put then on youtube. I'm gonna try doing it this Sunday with my bad commentary lol

Qiazo
05-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Did any of my matches made it in? I made so many mistakes.