PDA

View Full Version : Stuck trying to get the dagger

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 05:06 AM
I just got the PC version of this game and I am in the embarrasing postion of not being able to climb up the
statue head and grab the dagger. I suppose it might be
easier with a game controller pad but I like 1600 by 1200.
The W,A,S,D and space key seem to fine for everything else
in this game, but I can't seem to get the knack of the
keys for this one spot.

So how the heck do I get up the side of the damn head?

Bob

Message Edited on 12/06/03 04:11AM by bobstevens1

Message Edited on 12/06/0304:12AM by bobstevens1

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 05:06 AM
I just got the PC version of this game and I am in the embarrasing postion of not being able to climb up the
statue head and grab the dagger. I suppose it might be
easier with a game controller pad but I like 1600 by 1200.
The W,A,S,D and space key seem to fine for everything else
in this game, but I can't seem to get the knack of the
keys for this one spot.

So how the heck do I get up the side of the damn head?

Bob

Message Edited on 12/06/03 04:11AM by bobstevens1

Message Edited on 12/06/0304:12AM by bobstevens1

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 08:16 AM
I have the PS2 version, so I'm not sure what buttons correspond to what moves on the PC version, but I can at least tell you what you need to do. If I understand correctly, you are stuck at the statue. You need to climb up the statue until you are able to jump onto its hand, then pull yourself up from there. Move to where you are right under the long vertical corredor (statue head.) This next part is a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. Run up the side of the head you can reach (I think it's the right) and then before you fall, jump to the opposite side of the statue. You will need to continue to jump between the two walls until you reach the top of the statue, at which point the prince should automatically grab the top ledge. All you have to do now is pull yourself up, and voila! You have the dagger. Hope this helps... /i/smilies/16x16_woman-happy.gif

(P.S. - Definately use this spot to get the hang of vaulting from wall to wall in order to ascend tight places because you will need to do this later in the game as well.)