PDA

View Full Version : AI shoots without lead?

il2rookie
09-04-2004, 06:26 AM
That's how it seems to me. I've noticed that if you have a plane on your six and both of you are in a tight turn, but you stay just a little ahead, the AI plane will start shooting non-stop at you because he has you in his gunsight, but all shots will obviously miss. That how I get away from flights of several AI planes if I lost my wingmen and can't take them out myself, I keep em on my six wasting ammo until they run out and disengage.

And another thing, the bomber gunners seem to never hit if you approach the bomber at a steep angle instead of from its six. Anybody noticed this?

il2rookie
09-04-2004, 06:26 AM
That's how it seems to me. I've noticed that if you have a plane on your six and both of you are in a tight turn, but you stay just a little ahead, the AI plane will start shooting non-stop at you because he has you in his gunsight, but all shots will obviously miss. That how I get away from flights of several AI planes if I lost my wingmen and can't take them out myself, I keep em on my six wasting ammo until they run out and disengage.

And another thing, the bomber gunners seem to never hit if you approach the bomber at a steep angle instead of from its six. Anybody noticed this?

WUAF_Badsight
09-04-2004, 06:31 AM
that would be correct

they shoot stright at you . . . . . very accuratly too (just try a head-on with Ace Ai)

but this action results in zero hits as anyone with even five minutes flight time in FB can relate , you gotta lead em . . . .

__________________________________________________ __________________________
actual UBI post :
"If their is a good server with wonder woman views but historic planesets...let me know!" http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif