PDA

View Full Version : So What Is Quick Save For?

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 04:01 AM
F5 seems to quick save,...but...where's is quick load?

I am tired of starting over at checkpoints!

Does anyone know?

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 04:01 AM
F5 seems to quick save,...but...where's is quick load?

I am tired of starting over at checkpoints!

Does anyone know?

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 04:41 AM
i havent used the quick save, however when you quick save, have you tried hitting 'retry' after you die? that might load up the quick save. but like i said i havent tried it.. just a guess.

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 05:19 AM
Yeah I tried retry and load save game and everything but it only loads the last checkpoint....obviously something they flubbed up. Even Gamespot's review mentions this - Quicksave is totally useless/pointless.

I would hope they patch this, and also the game corrupting my graphics when I quit and go back to the desktop.

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 05:22 AM
usually quickload is f9 but on some games it can be f8 too /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<font color=#DD0000>[I]
<center>
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/mp3vd/matrixsig.jpeg
</font> <font color=#DD0000>[I] <center><marquee> Positions: Consigliere for THE FAMILY, Jedi Hitman For Jedi Mafia, Major of Ground Infantry in Smokky's Marine Corps, Sith Bodyguard for Drem's Mafia, Neo Of The Forums & Member of SC9's Elite Force. Forum Ranks: Forum Monkey, Virtual Leader, Keeper of the Sacred Carrots, Citizen of D'ni, Lord of the Forum, Third Echelon Operative, Over 7000 Postings, Veteran, Bully & ICK CLAN MODERATOR.
Gangsta Coalition Members: Street Hoodlums: Cpt.-TRAmbrose Makaveli Gang: Cpt.-Dcell, Lt.-Dmaskiew89, ********er-Silentcell_03 East Coast Riders: Cpt.-Halo_99 West Coast Riders: Cpt.-Nebucadnezar Special Ops: Expert Assassin- Zethin, The Smuggler- G-4ce, Corrupt DEA Agent- Alien_Slayer, Corrupt FBI Agent- Aj6627 all packing dual ingrams, desert eagles, ak47s and strikers </marquee>
Don Of Gangsta Coalition
Gangsta Coalition Gangs: Street Hoodlums, Makaveli Gang, West Coast Riders, East Coast Riders
PM To Join </center></font>

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 11:02 AM
First this thing actually runs flawlessly on my machine. There is no functional quick save. The problem is that you get a message, but it really doesn't even create a QS file. I think it might once, and it won't overwrite it.

Quick Load restarts the level. There is no Quick Save. You cannot save except at checkpoints.

What is assinine is that they have the Quick Save available on f5 in the first place. The checkpoints are way too far apart. I'm real tired of this PoS. I've been playing the level of breaking Carrington out of the facility and just when I'm almost to the next checkpoint, I get killed. I've f***ed around with this for the past 4 hours, and I'm pretty good at shooters. I'm on the "difficult" level.

I'm just going to have to wait for a "save game" trainer to come out on Adrenaline Vault.

Hey, developer crew!! How about a patch!! Let's actually fix the quick save function. Too bad too.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 01:49 AM
I received a response from tech support and they have referred this to the developers for the first patch. Always a patch, but I think it will be worth the wait.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Another problem is: No matter how many checkpoints that you reach, if you quit the game and come back later YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL!! I have even gone all the way through an entire level and into the next one, quit the game, and had to start again at the beginning of the previous level!

This is really making this game VERY tedious VERY fast...

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Patience. A patch is coming. You can do a hard save after a checkpoint. Just remember to do that.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 02:16 PM
I have reached the second level and when I returned after quitting, I was back to the start of the first level ???? So, I played through to the start of the bank level, tried to save it (using both F6 and a hard save from the menu)...it won't do it!! I'm F***** if I'm going to keep on returning to the start of the game. Can anyone advise on this??
Vasilia wrote:
- Patience. A patch is coming. You can do a hard save
- after a checkpoint. Just remember to do that.
-
-

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Due to the incredibly horrible quicksave and general LACK of ability for the game to save AT ALL...I'm really glad that I downloaded it for free from the internet :P

Patch that phuck and I might go buy it :P

XyZspineZyX
11-29-2003, 01:14 PM
- Due to the incredibly horrible quicksave and general
- LACK of ability for the game to save AT ALL...I'm
- really glad that I downloaded it for free from the
- internet :P
-
- Patch that phuck and I might go buy it :P

Yeah whatever, and I suppose as soon as Adobe releases Photoshop patches for its bugs you'll go buy that too huh?

Moron