PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Patch

DutchMan_1990
04-29-2015, 12:20 PM
I have reinstalled AC 4 in My PC, but the game is asking to update about 6GB of data. Since I'm a limited data user so it's very difficult to download those files via uplay. So i'm looking for resumable official download links for all patches. please share those links if anyone have them.

tunnelcat
04-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the club. I'd like to be able to stop and resume large downloads as well, like you can do in Steam. Buying a whole game download, forget it. I only have a 1.5 mbps connection and I haven't updated AC4 to that last patch because of the SIZE of that patch. It takes 8 seconds to download a megabyte, so for say a 2 GB patch, it's 4 hours or more of twiddling my thumbs. Not only that, Uplay will not let you play a different game WHILE it's downloading a patch for another, so your system is essentially just sitting there as a downloader brick, that has to be managed by the user if the connection is dropped as well. In fact, it the connection IS dropped, the whole download has to start all over again. I don't get why these software developers, especially Ubisoft, do this. Even in Silicon Valley, they have lousy internet speeds! Wake up guys! America, one of the 2 countries that developed the internet, is still in the stone age with internet speeds in most areas of the country!

Locopells
04-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Uplay will resume interrupted downloads. It looks like it's staring again, but if you look at the file sizes, I've found them to be lower every time.

tunnelcat
04-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Well, when I tried updating AC4, I had already downloaded almost 800 megs, then I lost the connection. When I restarted, Uplay started with a number that wasn't 800 megs less, so I will try again and see what happens. But downloading anything bigger than 2 gigs is still a stretch for my connection. 13 gigs, no way. I hate leaving my gaming rig on doing nothing but sitting there downloading, plus it takes up all my bandwidth for anyone else on my home network. Why can't I play a different game while it's downloading a patch for another? The network card doesn't take up very many resources on my rig.

Locopells
04-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Huh. Maybe it's different for different downloads, then. The only thing I can suggest is to bug support, get the issue raised. I'll pass it on as well.

DutchMan_1990
04-30-2015, 04:42 AM
It's very annoying that the game is asking me to download 6GB in total rather than step by step patching the game version from 1.0>1.01>1.02 like that. Ubisoft should put them in P2P server . Will reloaded/skidrow patch file works with retail version? I know it's not the right place to ask, but I'm desperate.

DutchMan_1990
04-30-2015, 04:43 AM
First two patches were very small like 40-200MB as I recall.