PDA

View Full Version : Joystick settings (force feedback users only)

rick_475
06-07-2004, 01:26 PM
For those who want to try a new feel, different from the default settings, here is my experiment :

Pitch - Roll - Yaw
8 16 24 32 40 48 56 64 72 80

It represents a 20% reduction from the default settings, it will make your joystick tighter. I tried Oleg's and cpt. Brown's settings and I didn't like it (probably because they don't have Force Feedback joysticks and they tried to simulate the force feedback with the settings).

I also tried 10% reduction, but the 20% was working better on the plane I'm currently flying (LaGG-3 S66), I plan to get a 30-40% reduction for Bombers.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but during WW2, mechanics could personalize the aircraft by making the controls tighter or looser. A little bit like a race car, each plane of the same model had their own feel. So in a way, joystick settings is like a pilot's mechanic.

Give me some feedback and feel free to share your settings if you think they are better.

rick_475
06-07-2004, 01:26 PM
For those who want to try a new feel, different from the default settings, here is my experiment :

Pitch - Roll - Yaw
8 16 24 32 40 48 56 64 72 80

It represents a 20% reduction from the default settings, it will make your joystick tighter. I tried Oleg's and cpt. Brown's settings and I didn't like it (probably because they don't have Force Feedback joysticks and they tried to simulate the force feedback with the settings).

I also tried 10% reduction, but the 20% was working better on the plane I'm currently flying (LaGG-3 S66), I plan to get a 30-40% reduction for Bombers.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but during WW2, mechanics could personalize the aircraft by making the controls tighter or looser. A little bit like a race car, each plane of the same model had their own feel. So in a way, joystick settings is like a pilot's mechanic.

Give me some feedback and feel free to share your settings if you think they are better.

Venom079
06-07-2004, 01:32 PM
cool, i'll try the new settings when I get home from work...right now i'm using oleg's settings for my MSFFB2 and it is still a little "loose" even though i fine tune them, so i'll give these a go...thnx for testing and sharing!