PDA

View Full Version : This is the 3rd time Ubisoft have disappointed me. Twice in 6 months. (ACC Spoilers

pacmanate
04-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Mod delete

Xstantin
04-26-2015, 01:29 AM
I think they just didn't know what to do with the freaking box tbh like "The sun, your son" thingy etc. Then again, I gave up on the ongoing plot connections between the games long time ago :nonchalance:

Namikaze_17
04-26-2015, 01:59 AM
what was the point in this game even existing?

Fan demand.

That said, what was the point of Unity existing? Aside from gameplay aspects, it has no reason to exist as pointed out by Bishop, as it adds as little to the overarching narrative as Liberation.

It's sad though. We need some continuity, and we need it fast...

Shahkulu101
04-26-2015, 02:36 AM
I thought the box was the one Shay had in Rogue.

And it's a side game no need to let it bother you.

SixKeys
04-26-2015, 02:43 AM
I thought the box was the one Shay had in Rogue.

And it's a side game no need to let it bother you.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. I haven't finished Chronicles yet, but I remember Darby saying it wasn't a coincidence that the box shown in Freedom Cry (and which passed onto Shay in Rogue) looked exactly the same as the one in Embers.

SirTookTookIII
04-26-2015, 03:17 AM
On the wiki it's listed as the precursor box, it also states that it remained in China until it was taken to Acapulco, Mexico by the Manilla Galleons about a hundred years later. I'm assuming that's how it made it to the Carribean and was in Assassin possession until Shay took it from Charles Dorian. The end cutscene of AC: China showed an aged Shao Jun stating she never figured out what it could do, without any electricity it didn't work until Shay had help from Benjamin Franklin.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150121144444/assassinscreed/images/c/c6/ACRG_Precursor_Box_-_Concept_Art.jpg

pacmanate
04-26-2015, 04:50 AM
^ Damn you're right. I've only played Rogue once, forgot all about it.

Question still stands on this game then, there was no point in it :|

Also what even is the point in the box? Why would it help Shao find herself if she lost her way? Or that it would aid her in times of need? All that box did was map out precursor sites?

Mr.Black24
04-26-2015, 07:37 AM
^ Damn you're right. I've only played Rogue once, forgot all about it.

Question still stands on this game then, there was no point in it :|

Also what even is the point in the box? Why would it help Shao find herself if she lost her way? Or that it would aid her in times of need? All that box did was map out precursor sites?
Normally I would say that it is a hint that leads to something big, that will cause people to generate threads of debate on how this plays out. However that would have been said for a series that actually has closed character arcs, completed story arcs, constant continuity, and an actual resolution....

Dude, at this point, I am close on giving up on the lore. I mean we have 4 games with incomplete character arcs, business, and lame cliffhangers, all that had great promises that only leads to nowhere. Add to the fact that the Precursor Disks that Aveline found is never further explored, nor mentioned, and the fact that Shay's use of Box is left out too. Why does it lead to the Precursor Trees? What are the Precursor Trees? Why do they exist, and for what purpose? And will the 18th American and/or Modern Templars use them? Will the 18th American and/or Modern Assassins stop them, or use them too somehow?

I can literally go on and on, but I have repeated myself so many times that not only that is painfully annoying, but generally upsetting. I know people are tired of me mentioning the Box, Disk, Connor/Arno/Shay/Aveline, actual MD story arc, and ect, but .....ehhhhh.....I'm going to lay down....