PDA

View Full Version : More news !! Victory will have 'asynchronous gameplay' & 'innovative Player Space'...

Defalt221
04-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Look at this:
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5638284&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=Dkkz&locale=en_US&srchid=169027821429698190072&srchindex=1&srchtotal=2&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A169027821429698190072%2CVSR PtargetId%3A5638284%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary%2CVSRPnm% 3Atrue

What do these mean? What's innovaive player space?

Sadly they are WIP and maybe removed in the final game. I hope not. Victory needs innovative mechanics! I'm tired of 'game back to it's roots with basic stuffs'... etc...

UPDATE:
Okay, I was stupid. Asynchronous gameplay refers to how the co-op or multiplayer will handle when one or two players lose/stop connection with other gamers while playing together. Suppose Player 1 and Player 2 are doing a co-op mission (breaking into a palace). Both Character 1 and Character 2 are then controlled by the Payer 1 and Plaayer 2 respectively. But if Player 2 stops/loses connection with Player 1, the Character 2 won't go away. It'll be replaced with an AI controlled bot that'll keep on doing the mission with the active Player 1 until the connection is restored. When it's restored (the internet connection) the AI bot will be Player 2 controlled again. That's what it means.
But I'm wondering that AI has to be really advanced to not mess up with the player during strategic missions. This could mean Ubisoft is investing quite a bit on AI this time.

However I'm still confused with the 'Innovative Player space' thing....

Sorrosyss
04-22-2015, 01:05 PM
Can't see the page in question (needs an account) but I'd assume it's referring to some form of co-op play. Perhaps a step further than Unity, where you can actually play the main storyline with friends, and perhaps make dialogue choices ala The Old Republic MMO. I'm just speculating, though that would be quite fun.

The_Kiwi_
04-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Different branches in the story will make me hate Ubi intensely
Seriously, **** that
**** it to hell and back

Shahkulu101
04-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Seriously, **** that
**** it to hell and back

I wouldn't mind it as long as the true events are made clear to us, either in the game or from the community peeps.

But if there's no 'true' ending at all and we 'make our own stories', I ain't buying.

You know it could be referring to an altogether different game mode as well.

The_Kiwi_
04-22-2015, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't mind it as long as the true events are made clear to us, either in the game or from the community peeps.

But if there's no 'true' ending at all and we 'make our own stories', I ain't buying.

You know it could be referring to an altogether different game mode as well.

My point exactly
It would actually destroy the franchise

Markaccus
04-22-2015, 01:48 PM
So, are we going to see a "Quantum Animus"? That means the genetic memory contains not only the choices made by the ancestor in this reality, but also every other possible reality (infinity). For me, that is the only excuse they could use.
Having said that, i hope this is not the case, and it's just for certain game modes or something. Not for the main story. It would ruin things for me. It would become just like every other 3rd person rpg imo.

pacmanate
04-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Eh? As if the franchise wasn't confusing enough. If they have async memories then everyones theories are going to class depending on their outcome.

VestigialLlama4
04-22-2015, 01:58 PM
You guys are aware that its linkedin, a CV social page, people make up crap to make their CVs look good all the time.

In any case, asynchronous gameplay (a mouthful of a phrase) could simply be an alternative game mode. if its saying "not confirmed" then that means its an added extra, a feature rather than part of the core. You also assume that asynchronous refers to the animus when it could simply be more open world, more alternate possibilities.

Let's wait for E3. I can't believe I am actually the voice of reason and wanting to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt about them introducing a lame-o choice mechanic. I mean Ubisoft never shy away from false good ideas but give them a little credit.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
I think people need to relax!

This is LinkedIn, in our world, not the AC universe with its altered lexicon. This person is not writing to communicate ideas to AC fans, but to industry employers. The phrase 'asynchronous gameplay' here has absolutely nothing to do with 'synchronise' in the AC sense because that would be meaningless on a CV.

Markaccus
04-22-2015, 02:02 PM
You guys are aware that its linkedin, a CV social page, people make up crap to make their CVs look good all the time.

In any case, asynchronous gameplay (a mouthful of a phrase) could simply be an alternative game mode. if its saying "not confirmed" then that means its an added extra, a feature rather than part of the core. You also assume that asynchronous refers to the animus when it could simply be more open world, more alternate possibilities.

Let's wait for E3. I can't believe I am actually the voice of reason and wanting to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt about them introducing a lame-o choice mechanic. I mean Ubisoft never shy away from false good ideas but give them a little credit.

Yeah, i think i might delete my thought on a "Quantum Animus". They are liable to latch onto such a far-fetched idea, it's almost a shoe-in to feature in a future title :-p

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 02:04 PM
You really don't have to worry! The phrase has an actual meaning (well, *meanings*) http://www.whatgamesare.com/2011/08/synchronous-or-asynchronous-definitions.html

HiddenKiller612
04-22-2015, 02:05 PM
"News".

VestigialLlama4
04-22-2015, 02:10 PM
You really don't have to worry! The phrase has an actual meaning (well, *meanings*) http://www.whatgamesare.com/2011/08/synchronous-or-asynchronous-definitions.html

Yay...online crap. Since I don't play multiplayer (and never will) this doesn't matter at all to me.

Markaccus
04-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Wow. Think i might have to read that more carefully later :D

However, from what i can tell, it would mean that there would be an on-going real-time world on-line that would continue to exist no matter who is in it at the time. You can dip in and out as you wish, but things will continue to happen while you are not there, as others would be on at different times.
Like those minecraft on-line worlds.

Does that seem correct?

VestigialLlama4
04-22-2015, 02:19 PM

However, from what i can tell, it would mean that there would be an on-going real-time world on-line that would continue to exist no matter who is in it at the time. You can dip in and out as you wish, but things will continue to happen while you are not there, as others would be on at different times.

Does that seem correct?

It's also similar to Dark Souls. But it is true that Amancio and Ubisoft were saying they wanted something more interconnected and social, you know so they don't have to work too hard on the single player story.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 02:27 PM

Does that seem correct?

We'd need to hear from that producer to know exactly what is meant in AC. By some definitions, asynchronous gameplay involves two or more players who could be returning to the game at times of their choosing to play their turn, or it could be the broader usage that Nintendo uses whereby an additional player using an app-style abstraction of the game on the second controller screen is playing a more god-like role. The latter would be similar to Watch Dogs' CTOS mobile/tablet vs console/PC (though that's hardly asynchronous by a dictionary definition, but whatever), while the former could be like a competitive version of the Kenway Fleet minigame.

Markaccus
04-22-2015, 02:29 PM
It's also similar to Dark Souls. But it is true that Amancio and Ubisoft were saying they wanted something more interconnected and social, you know so they don't have to work too hard on the single player story.

It would be quite something to use the next game as a portal for the whole AC community to create a virtual world wide Assassins Brotherhood, completely seperate from single player story lines. It would be utterly removed from the whole AC story from the beginning, but i can imagine free roaming around and doing random assassinations that pop up/are created by developers from time to time.
Still not sure how i would feel about it though :/

saschia_009
04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Well according to the definition in the mentioned article, the Co-op and Heist missions in Unity were contemporal and asynchronous, so that would not be innovative in Victory.

Markaccus
04-22-2015, 02:38 PM
We'd need to hear from that producer to know exactly what is meant in AC. By some definitions, asynchronous gameplay involves two or more players who could be returning to the game at times of their choosing to play their turn, or it could be the broader usage that Nintendo uses whereby an additional player using an app-style abstraction of the game on the second controller screen is playing a more god-like role. The latter would be similar to Watch Dogs' CTOS mobile/tablet vs console/PC (though that's hardly asynchronous by a dictionary definition, but whatever), while the former could be like a competitive version of the Kenway Fleet minigame.

Certain aspects of this sound fun, but it's a lot to develop in the time space that an anual release provides.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Certain aspects of this sound fun, but it's a lot to develop in the time space that an anual release provides.

I really enjoyed the Watch Dogs one, but I never played the mobile end of it. There's plenty of potential for a "run the gauntlet" kind of mission type where you must get from A to B while a mobile player triggers dangers on a top-down map: AI hitmen springing out of a door, explosive barrels being set off, collapsing traps etc.

It's far more likely to be like the Fleet though, given the history of that type of game in ACR's virtual international brotherhood, AC3's homestead trading, Edward and Shay's fleets. Cheaper and easier to produce, too.

saschia_009
04-22-2015, 02:54 PM

They have cca 3 years for the development, nothing to do with the release cycle (they would not get more time, fewer teams would work simulataneously if the cycle was not 1 year).

m4r-k7
04-22-2015, 02:56 PM
I would love online contracts (from Watch Dogs) in Assassins Creed. It would be awesome for an assassin (or Templar) to come into your game (when you are free roaming) and is contracted to kill you. Would make for awesome parkour chases and stealth opportunities.

Markaccus
04-22-2015, 02:59 PM
They have cca 3 years for the development, nothing to do with the release cycle (they would not get more time, fewer teams would work simulataneously if the cycle was not 1 year).

I see. I suspect then, if this is the case, then the ubi companion apps in their current form are some kind of test project leading in to this async game play. Possibly.

Namikaze_17
04-22-2015, 03:01 PM
I would love online contracts (from Watch Dogs) in Assassins Creed. It would be awesome for an assassin (or Templar) to come into your game (when you are free roaming) and is contracted to kill you. Would make for awesome parkour chases and stealth opportunities.

"I think I'll do some contracts to-argh!"

Helix woman voice: "Assassin/Templar X just air assassinated you."

"Damnit!" :rolleyes:

saschia_009
04-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Nice idea. I didn't play Watch Dogs (money and time reasons, but one day I probably will), but the Assassins in Rogue were too easy to avoid/counter, so a real and unpredictable opponent would be a nice addition. But again, not innovative, if it already was in Ubisoft game...

dargor5
04-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Oh great more multiplayer stuff. Hope they dont force it on us this time cause multiplayer in ac only last while the hype is up which is a couple of months after launch then it dies quickly, so I just hope they dont lock useful content behind mp

Democrito_71
04-22-2015, 03:49 PM

That would be fantastic if Ubisoft added that feature in Victory. It kinda reminds me of how Bloodborne handle this mechanic where you can invade other "Hunters" worlds and engage in combat against other Hunters or cooperating with them to take down bosses together.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 04:05 PM
"I think I'll do some contacts to-argh!"

Helix woman voice: "Assassin/Templar X just air assassinated you."

"Damnit!" :rolleyes:

Yeah, not really the right kind of gameplay :)

WD worked because the attacker could not attack you or they'd lose the round. They had to stay close enough to hack you and wait for it to complete, while you had to find them (and this was interesting because you didn't only use your eyes, but all the CCTV cameras). Only after the files were taken would the chase/combat begin, and it would generally mean that the person who was hacked would be the hunter in this section.

I don't know how to create the same kind of circumstances in AC and make it work, since it's hard to think of a reason why the hide-and-seek thing would happen, and as you say, if it was just "stab/shoot your enemy" then the invasions would be pretty short and annoying.

cawatrooper9
04-22-2015, 04:15 PM

I totally support this idea. In fact, how much cooler would this have been in Rogue if you were actually pursued by skilled online Assassins rather than the inept orange gang members obviously hiding in bushes?

HiddenKiller612
04-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Yea because what I really want when playing a singleplayer game is some ****** troll coming into my game and killing me. Watch Dogs was different, because when someone entered your game, they couldn't kill you... only hack you....

m4r-k7
04-22-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't know how to create the same kind of circumstances in AC and make it work, since it's hard to think of a reason why the hide-and-seek thing would happen, and as you say, if it was just "stab/shoot your enemy" then the invasions would be pretty short and annoying.

All they have to do is fit the mode into some sort of helix training situation. For example, the mode is technically just helix training where the assassin (or person in the animus/helix) is testing his pursuing and assassination skills, whilst the assassin who is being hunted is testing there escaping and stealth skills.

Sushiglutton
04-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Sounds like they will expand the MP aspects further.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 05:30 PM
All they have to do is fit the mode into some sort of helix training situation. For example, the mode is technically just helix training where the assassin (or person in the animus/helix) is testing his pursuing and assassination skills, whilst the assassin who is being hunted is testing their escaping and stealth skills.

Good idea!

Shahkulu101
04-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Sounds like they will expand the MP aspects further.

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/kanye-smile-frown.gif

Sushiglutton
04-22-2015, 06:41 PM
^^^^ Haha perfect ;)

The_Kiwi_
04-22-2015, 11:50 PM
MP 4 lyfe brudda Shahk

Altair1789
04-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Seriously, **** that
**** it to hell and back

Agreed, I'd love a Fallout/Skyrim-like AC spin off, but in the main game... that won't work.... PLEASE don't do that Ubisoft

Defalt221
04-23-2015, 12:08 PM
I think people need to relax!

This is LinkedIn, in our world, not the AC universe with its altered lexicon. This person is not writing to communicate ideas to AC fans, but to industry employers. The phrase 'asynchronous gameplay' here has absolutely nothing to do with 'synchronise' in the AC sense because that would be meaningless on a CV.

So, are we going to see a "Quantum Animus"? That means the genetic memory contains not only the choices made by the ancestor in this reality, but also every other possible reality (infinity). For me, that is the only excuse they could use.
Having said that, i hope this is not the case, and it's just for certain game modes or something. Not for the main story. It would ruin things for me. It would become just like every other 3rd person rpg imo.

Okay, I was saying stupid things. I realized that Asynchronous gameplay refers to how the co-op or multiplayer will handle when one or two players lose/stop connection with other gamers while playing together. Suppose Player 1 and Player 2 are doing a co-op mission (breaking into a palace). Both Character 1 and Character 2 are then controlled by the Payer 1 and Plaayer 2 respectively. But if Player 2 stops/loses connection with Player 1, the Character 2 won't go away. It'll be replaced with an AI controlled bot that'll keep on doing the mission with the active Player 1 until the connection is restored. When it's restored (the internet connection) the AI bot will be Player 2 controlled again. That's what it means. But I'm wondering that AI has to be really advanced to not mess up with the player during strategic missions. This could mean Ubisoft is investing quite a bit on AI this time.

Markaccus
04-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Okay, I was saying stupid things. I realized that Asynchronous gameplay refers to how the co-op or multiplayer will handle when one or two players lose/stop connection with other gamers while playing together. Suppose Player 1 and Player 2 are doing a co-op mission (breaking into a palace). Both Character 1 and Character 2 are then controlled by the Payer 1 and Plaayer 2 respectively. But if Player 2 stops/loses connection with Player 1, the Character 2 won't go away. It'll be replaced with an AI controlled bot that'll keep on doing the mission with the active Player 1 until the connection is restored. When it's restored (the internet connection) the AI bot will be Player 2 controlled again. That's what it means. But I'm wondering that AI has to be really advanced to not mess up with the player during strategic missions. This could mean Ubisoft is investing quite a bit on AI this time.

I dont think you were being stupid. The term used is ambiguous, and i didn't have a clue what it meant either :D

Farlander1991
04-23-2015, 03:38 PM

That's not what asynchronous multiplayer means. You've described synchronous multiplayer.

In the most basic form, synchronous - people play multiplayer at the same time affecting each other directly, asynchronous - people don't have to play at the same time to affect each other's games (i.e. a player 1 doing something at 1 PM will affect the player 2 doing something at 10 PM even though player 1 will be long offline after that).

Sometimes asynchronous multiplayer is also used as a short form for synchronous multiplayer with asynchronous sides - for example StarCraft where each race is different, or Evolve where it's a team of 4 humans playing against a monster, both having a different set of core mechanics, but that's only when in context it's known what is being talked about (because otherwise it would bring to confusion).