PDA

View Full Version : Your perfect AC

rprkjj
04-19-2015, 11:06 PM
Topics in the title. Build your ideal AC game from the ground up. This includes customizing every little thing in the series to create your personally optimized experience as well as slapping on never before seen mechanics. Just go nuts. I'll add mine once I've really thought it through.

Namikaze_17
04-20-2015, 02:01 AM
AC2 :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
04-20-2015, 02:55 AM
The main historical story is a romance between twin siblings separated at birth who join Assassins and Templars and meet each other as grown ups not knowing who the other really is

LoyalACFan
04-20-2015, 08:37 AM
I'm honestly not that picky, I'm down for any game that can provide a good assassination-filled story with good mechanics. As long as those two things are covered, the only things that put me off are 1.) pointless side content that lessens the value of the game and 2.) a modern-day setting. I'm utterly inflexible on that, the day AC stops being based in history is the day I'm out.

RinoTheBouncer
04-20-2015, 10:16 AM
A protagonist like Ezio

The darkness and mystery of ACI

A creed-focused historical story like ACI

Vast setting like ACIV

Breathtaking nature like ACIII

Significant progress in the lore like in Ezio's Trilogy and ACIII

Modern day like AC Brotherhood and ACIII

Music like AC:R

Warm and vibrant setting like AC:R

Stunning graphics and love story like ACU

Morally gray characters like ACIII, ACI and AC:Rogue

Multiple and diverse cities, connected by long roads like ACI and ACII

Epic cutscenes and moments like AC:R, AC:B and ACII.

Less empty side missions that do not add anything to the story, like ACI

More quality story-driven side quests like ACIV

Large focus on the lore, the overarching story and the First Civ mythology like ACII, AC:B and ACIII.

And finally, 3rd person modern day, the interconnectedness and episodic nature of Desmond's Saga.

Mix all those together in one game, and that will be my most favorite AC ever.

If I'm to add new things, I'd go for an ancient history setting, something in BC times, resolving around Ancient Egypt or Sumer, or perhaps the Roman Empire or First Civ. Times, and I'm also open for a modern day Assassin's Creed game. That would totally make me happy.

I don't really care much about side quests, collectibles or new mechanics. As for me, ACI had great gameplay with its simplicity and being straight-to-the-point. As long as the story is good enough, and interconnected just like the Desmond Saga, I'd be extremely happy.

VoXngola
04-20-2015, 02:17 PM
A protagonist like Ezio

The darkness and mystery of ACI

A creed-focused historical story like ACI

Vast setting like ACIV

Breathtaking nature like ACIII

Significant progress in the lore like in Ezio's Trilogy and ACIII

Modern day like AC Brotherhood and ACIII

Music like AC:R

Warm and vibrant setting like AC:R

Stunning graphics and love story like ACU

Morally gray characters like ACIII, ACI and AC:Rogue

Multiple and diverse cities, connected by long roads like ACI and ACII

Epic cutscenes and moments like AC:R, AC:B and ACII.

Less side empty missions that dont' anything to the story, like ACI

More quality story-driven side quests like ACIV

Large focus on the lore, the overarching story and the First Civ mythology like ACII, AC:B and ACIII.

And finally, the 3rd person modern day, the interconnectedness and episodic nature of Desmond's Saga.

Mix all those together in one game, and that will be my most favorite AC ever.

If I'm to add new things, I'd go for an ancient history setting, something in BC times, resolving around Ancient Egypt or Sumer, or perhaps the Roman Empire or First Civ. Times, and I'm also open for a modern day Assassin's Creed game. That would totally make me happy.

I don't really care much about side quests, collectibles or new mechanics. As for me, ACI had great gameplay with its simplicity and being straight-to-the-point. As long as the story is good enough, and interconnected just like the Desmond Saga, I'd be extremely happy.

Get out of my brain! Took all the words out of my mouth.

VestigialLlama4
04-20-2015, 02:50 PM
1) The open world is immersive, detailed and coherent. Massive crowds actually play a huge part and are not there just for scenery. Social stealth should be localized based on costumes and specialized knowledge. In order to blend in better, you should be able to observe and pick up body language, hear accents and phrases and the like. In any setting, the costume you wear should give you an advantage, make it easier for you to blend in, open some doors or the others. There should be a reason why the crowd looks away and doesn't report your wrong-doings, your Parkouring, your general nuisance to the cops. Social stealth should be more convincing and logical and not feel entirely like an Animus-did-It effect.

2) Side missions should be integrated with the main missions. If you do a special mission for some people, you should be able to unlock mini-objectives or alternative paths in the main games. If you are approaching a mansion or palace to infiltrate, a special favor done during a side mission should make it easier to enter in.

3) No Full Synchronization.

4) Make it possible to do the open world freeroaming without killing anyone and without being noticed. Ghost Run an entire open world should be a little difficult but something to brag about.

5) The games should also be much more detailed and immersive in a given historical period. One way to do it is multiple protagonists. In a Victorian London game, a rich or middle class guy would not be allowed in certain areas, some interiors are inaccessible to him/her, likewise a poor guy or a criminal will not be allowed in some places but will have access to the "underworld" and other shadowy areas for secret meetings and pubs.

6) Above all a really complex story, not necessarily bleak or depressing but something that is more than Good Versus Evil or the like.

Democrito_71
04-20-2015, 03:56 PM
My "Perfect" AC would be:

* A Protagonist who we players have a good reason why we're reliving his/her memoriesCompared to Arno when it was revealed to be unnecessary to find Germains body through Arnos memories in the first place, since the Assassins didn't bother to pick up the body at all due to the body being too decayed :P

* A fully trained Master Assassin in his/hers mid thirties. Personally, I'm a slightly annoyed that previous Assassins have been around in their twenties's(Except for Ezio in AC: Bro-( in his forties) and especially in AC:Rev where Ezio were a wonderful protagonist in his fifties's) so let us play as an older Assassin/Templar(30 to 50) instead of starting as a child(Ezio, Connor & Arno) and let us start as an Adult like in AC1 and Black Flag from the start.

* A Protagonist who is serious, knowledgeable, cultured, curious, clever, logical, tactical, confident, sociable, warm, good-hearted, empathetic, moralistic, realist, cold towards enemies, argumentative during discussions, calculative, opportunistic, adaptable, unpredictable, surprising & unreligious.

* A protagonist who fights left handed in combat. This is just a cosmetic change from the traditional right handed sword combat style we've seen in previous AC-games(and in thousands of other games as well) although it can give many new types of combat animations that we haven't seen before when it comes to left handed combat style

* A Story that has nothing to do with revenge, redemption and love story.

* A story that is partly based on its time period and its historical events.

* More discussions about everything between the main characters and supporting characters so we can get to know the cast more.

* Deeper customization systems were we could create our own outfits/hoods,
choose what types of fabrics, color settings etc.

* Weapon customizations were we could create our own weapons based on its time period such as swords, axes, spears, bows, crossbows, rifles/pistols etc.

* A huge, diverse setting made for exploration and discovering like in Black Flag

* Huge thick forests, mountains & cliffs.

* Multiple cities with a huge frontier, just as beautiful like the forests in The Witcher 3

* Dark and mysterious soundtrack like in AC1. Same goes to the tone of the game like in AC1.

* New lore and first civ characters added to TWCB

* Morally grey characters and story.

* Modern day missions in the style of Splinter cell and Hitman.

* More story based side missions like in Red Dead Redemption that adds to the overall feel of the setting and some to its story.

* Tons of different dynamic random events like in Red Dead Redemption.(not like Unitys kill target, capture thieves or give money to the poor sorts of events. Play read dead redemption and you guys probably knows what I mean)

* Progress to the overall modern day story.

* Only one sort of collectible items that gives us optional missions during the First civ that reveal secrets about TWCB that we haven’t known before and adds to the overall AC-lore :cool:

Xstantin
04-20-2015, 04:00 PM
* A Protagonist who we players have a good reason why we're reliving his/her memoriesCompared to Arno when it was revealed to be unnecessary to find Germains body through Arnos memories in the first place, since the Assassins didn't bother to pick up the body at all due to the body being too decayed :P

* A fully trained Master Assassin in his/hers mid thirties. Personally, I'm a slightly annoyed that previous Assassins have been around in their twenties's(Except for Ezio in AC: Bro-( in his forties) and especially in AC:Rev where Ezio were a wonderful protagonist in his fifties's) so let us play as an older Assassin/Templar(30 to 50) instead of starting as a child(Ezio, Connor & Arno) and let us start as an Adult like in AC1 and Black Flag from the start.

Same here.

ACZanius
04-20-2015, 04:15 PM
1.Full immersive modern world(missions can simply be linear but make it epic and for ****s sake finally we would do super significant things in modern day), the overarching story back like it was supposed to be, back to roots, dark mystery, conspiracies, parallels with real world,3rd person protagonist

Sample of this: 3rd person protagonist - hideout (we can upgrade or choose gear and military stuff) - modern day missions (completely linear otherwise we are asking for too much)

2. Multiple cities in a world, back to FLUID, SMOOTH NON-CLUNKY, FAST combat (AC1-AC2-ACB), back to what Templars really are, evil misguided tyrants that want New World Order, total enslavement of all humanity under their iron hand(Fact)

3. A better choice of weapons, give more options such as we can pick(Sword + Dagger or our own mixture) **** historical mini factoids, gives us all kinds of range of weapons including bow, tomahawks, crossbows bring BACK DAGGERS (like they were epic in AC1,AC2,ACB,ACR) regardless of time period/location

4. Surpass AC2 finally and go for more than 14 sequences, make game LONG and MAKE WORLD CHANGE how years pass, environments etc, bring back fully detailed than ever before Assassin recruit system (we can pick their weapons, skills, every single thing and what they will specialize)

5. Please stop with these "FILLERS" that don't add up little bit or next to nothing to the plot (yes i'm looking at you Unity)

6. Return of "Exotic" type missions from ACB where we go outside of main game and see more of certain country we are in.

Shahkulu101
04-20-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm not too fussy :rolleyes::

- Solid stealth mechanics (I've been waiting 8 years for this) and well-designed, open ended missions. Plenty of assassinations but also a lot of varied, unexpected mission types.

- Beautiful, immersive city that's great for parkour.

- Story that is morally ambiguous and full of conspiracy and intrigue, interprets the Creed - villains not to be black and white. Story must have a tangible connection to history without overdoing it. Not an AC3-style Forrest Gump approach and not Unity's total indifference to the time period.

- Protagonist that is unique in their own right and not just an incarnation of characters we've played as before - would prefer female Assassin.

- Great soundtrack, WITH AMBIENT MUSIC that adds a chilling sense of atmosphere like in the Ezio games.

- Side missions that are narratively interesting, varied instead of repetitive and have a great reward system that makes them meaningful rather than time wasters. There should also be a reasonable amount of them instead of a huge, overwhelming number of them that simply covers the map in a slew of icons.

- Collectibles that aren't there for the sake of it but are actually of value to the player, modest amount of them and don't have them appear on the map or count towards 100%.

Could go on and to be honest but it's already quite long. Note that I know the developers can't just fart all this out on a whim and that I know I nothing of game development, this is just my idea of a good AC in a perfect world - I know realistically these suggestions are far too vague to be considered proper criticism.

SixKeys
04-20-2015, 04:44 PM
-A non-obvious era and setting. No famous revolutions, no ninjas in Japan, no World Wars. Take me somewhere I never would have guessed and that (almost) no other game has touched.

-Multiple cities, all with their own style and atmosphere like in AC1 and AC2

-Jesper Kyd as composer

-Finding side quests by exploration, not just icons

-A proper disguise system. No insta-morphing into a random NPC but actual disguises whose effects depend on the setting. Like having to wear fancy suits to a party and workman's clothes to poor areas to gather information. NPCs should react to your outfit accordingly: if you're dressed as a guard, citizens should react in various ways like booing at you, cowering in fear, etc. Wearing ragged clothes should make guards and noble treat you as inferior, being more wary of your actions, telling you to get a job and so on.

-Blend animations similar to Connor and Edward's, like appearing to inspect a market stall, acting drunk among drunkards etc. This should also happen while moving through a crowd, like in the E3 demo of AC3 where Connor naturally pulled his hood down when guards were nearby.

-The world living on regardless of the player's actions, similar to RDR. In that game you would sometimes happen across someone crying over a robbery victim - a robbery that happened while you weren't even there. Then the grieving NPC would take a gun and shoot themselves in the head without you being able to to stop it. Think of all those harassed citizens in AC1 or hostages in AC4/Rogue. Something should happen to them if we choose not to engage. The soldiers should eventually beat up the old man or kill the hostages, and then move on. AC feels too static, like everything is perfectly arranged for the player and will wait for them indefinitely, even through an entire day/night cycle.

-Better enemy AI, similar to TLoU

-Overarching modern day story with 3rd person protagonist

-Mysteries and conspiracies, intelligent and thoughtful puzzles like AC2's glyphs

-Animals and interacting with them (why can't we pet dogs in Unity?!)

-Children, but less annoying than in AC3

-Changing seasons, dynamic weather

-NPCs reacting to weather, like blend groups dispersing by running away when it starts to rain

-Meaningful crafting, like gathering plants to make poison or medicine

-No full synch

-AC1/AC2-style parkour with the old puppeteer controls, plus controlled descent

-NPCs reacting to your actions again, like commenting when you climb a building

-This will be controversial, but.... LESS weapons, not more. Rogue's weapon selection was more of a chore than a fun activity. ACB's weapon wheel was perfect.

-A story that isn't about avenging the death of a loved one :rolleyes:

-Realistic lighting and atmosphere like AC1

-Open assassinations with multiple paths and different ways to complete the mission. Unity was almost perfect in this regard.

-Seasons having an effect on the world and its activities. For example in winter some shops might be closed and certain areas off-limits (frozen lakes....), so you would have to find alternate ways to gather what you need (crafting, stealing, hunting, helping NPCs).

-No more overpowered and fantastical weapons like the rope dart.

-Historical accuracy over Animus trickery

-Amazing sound design like in AC1. Being able to locate missions and navigate your way through the city by listening to its sounds.

-All side missions would be connected to the overall plot like in ACB. No meaningless activities like races or beating up cheating husbands unless it makes sense for an assassin to be doing those things.

-The world would be reasonably sized, not just big for the sake of being big. AC1/AC2-sized worlds are best because you get to know your surroundings and use them to your advantage. When the world is too big, it's easy to get lost and not be able to form a meaningful relationship with your environment.

-ACB multiplayer with new characters, maps, balanced abilities, Wolfpack and all modes they ever conceived of. :o

-Being able to play the game without HUD. This would require careful attention to detail like in AC1.

That's all I can think of for now.

D.I.D.
04-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Setting: Historical/political situation must be king, and the additional AC story must mesh with that or augment it in useful ways. It can change the established history, if it's good. However, the AC story shouldn't be allowed to obliterate the historical one. It's no good making a French Revolution game because you thought Paris would be cool - the Revolution is the important part. Don't just go to Victorian London because it's Victorian London, go there because the robber barons of the East India Company had come home, rich as Croesus and morally bankrupt. Don't go to Elizabethan England because of the Queen, go there because of John Dee's network of spies. Don't go to Ancient Egypt because of pyramids, go there because of the grand trade routes and the hazardously fragile reign of Hatshepsut.

I love all the detail in the NPCs' behaviour, but I'd like more odd things you can notice and investigate: rare, unrepeated, easily missable moments that you might catch for the first time on your second or third playthrough. It made a certain amount of sense that the city folk would call out to Ezio, given that he was quite flamboyant and set himself up as a major business-owner, although it always felt weird when it happened right in front of guards' faces and they didn't all move to kill Ezio immediately... so why not make that happen? When people would say, "What cheer, Arno?" in the street, I felt like following them and demanding to know how they knew him, given that he was one aristocrat among thousands and he wasn't even Parisian... so what if you could? You start following the NPC, he panics, and you chase him down. Silly things like that could add a lot to the world.

In my ideal AC, the assassin wears normal clothes for the period, and the Disguise skill never looks weird because it's expressed in animations: the protag pretends to shield his/her eyes from the sun while walking past a guard, or turns his/her face away to pretend to inspect an inside pocket, or reads from a newspaper, or pulls up his/her collar or scarf against the wind. The robes are strictly for the secret society's headquarters, or for missions where the assassins are trying to make the hit into more of a message by being absurdly candid about it.

[edit] Another thing: give me more windows I can open when infiltrating a house, and if I stay completely still, raise the volume level of the sounds around me. Let me hear those sounds at a greater distance too, so I can tell if they're approaching. Make me panic and want to jump out of the window, or hide in the closets. If I walk or run, return the sounds' volume to normal again, maybe even lower them a touch if I sprint.

Protagonist: It never makes sense to me the way the games throw a smokescreen around the characters' occupations. They're always trying to make a golden boy/girl who commits wanton mass-murder fights for justice because the assassin's father was murdered/family was betrayed/toe was stubbed, and it never feels right to me. I don't think they should start with a hero, or someone with whom the audience can easily empathise. I've written about this idea before - I think the story ought to look at the problems of heroism and glory in the series, where our new assassin is always shown the celebration of the legacy of past great assassins. It's a perilous kind of heroism that has grand rewards for the hero in life and beyond.

Assassins ought to be a bit alien from the get-go. Their logic ought to seem brutal at first, and gradually win you over. The person might well have some genuine emotional heart, but it ought to be pretty well buried and only shown at all to the most trusted people. The story ought to make the audience afraid of assassins, and to give the player a familiarity that characters in the story don't have. When major NPCs laugh and joke around the assassin, mistaking his/her impassiveness for social acceptance, there ought to be a feeling of tension there. If someone slaps the assassin on the back, it ought to feel as dangerous as a kid poking a stick through the bars of the lions' enclosure at the zoo.

I'd like to see an assassin whose star is rising and falling at the same time, in order to investigate the implicit issue of the ends justifying the means in these stories. You'd have the player dropped into history in the shoes of an assassin of whom the present day team has never heard, and they'd be intrigued about this blind spot in their records. It would soon become clear that this ancestor is a key player in a major turning point in history, and hugely important to the assassins of that era. The more he/she does to advance the cause, the more pieces of themselves they destroy. As the secrecy surrounding the mission increases, the less the assassin can explain his/her actions to his/her friends, resulting in alienation. As the stakes get higher, the ancestor's reputation becomes yet more irredeemable. The protagonist willingly becomes little more than a vehicle for a larger outcome, and even after 'winning' faces complete vilification by everyone and is written out of history, thus explaining the character's absence from the files.

Scale: More Unity-style assassination set pieces, fewer filler missions. I don't care if the game is short, as long as what we get is more consistent in quality. Unity, on launch, and had a better crap-to-good ratio than ever before, but it could be whittled down further and result in a better game (and now, all the unlocked content has destroyed that ratio again). Cut down the number of collectibles. Don't set up a path to a reward that will make you wish you'd never started it when you're barely halfway through. A shorter great game will get played repeatedly, whereas an overstuffed game might not get finished at all (or your customer sees the bad things and not the good things, which is also a problem). The fan who plays the whole game in a weekend might not worry about the proportion of good-to-bad parts so much, but the ordinary customer who can only play for 1-2 hours per session might easily think the whole game is rubbish.

Keep a wide field of view. Going back to Rogue after Unity was jarring because of the amount of the screen Shay took up, and when you have to haul the camera around to look at things, it's like you're wearing a neck brace. Keep the camera back, make the protagonist look like a small part of a big world, and let me see as much of the surroundings as that character would be able to see. It'll hide rough edges in the graphics too.

Megas_Doux
04-20-2015, 11:00 PM
In general and despite Its pretty obvious that I love this franchise, I hate annualization for I think is killing its potential, so here I go:

Multiple locations, preferably a mixture of HUGE urban environments full of interesting buildings mostly and a rural map
Good background music.
Open mission design!!!! However Im more than fine with some more action oriented linear missions/assassinations.
No Forrest Gump effect, but definitely not the 100% opposite thing either.
Grey story.
A combat that is not "five years old" difficulty.

Oh and Ive been waiting for a solid stealth, Unity tried and I like that, but is not enough yet.......

GunnerGalactico
04-21-2015, 06:02 PM
* An original and different story that doesn't involve the character seeking revenge.

* A character that has a unique personality and is different in every way compared to their predecessor/s.

* Third person modern day.

* Fun side quests like the: Captain Kidd missions, Murder mysteries, Paris stories etc....

* No more spamming-type weapons like Shay's rifle in Rogue.

* Decent soundtrack.

* Use of disguises, similar to that of Liberation's persona system. Each outfit/disguise that you use would affect how the NPC's and guards would react to your behaviour and actions. Some disguises would allow you access to restricted areas.

* Return of Multiplayer.

- No more annual releases.

cawatrooper9
04-21-2015, 06:45 PM
I've posted this before, but I'll just leave this here. Also, I wouldn't mind this being set in the Classical era Mediterranean, perhaps a sailing game on a Grecian trireme. Ubi could even reuse a lot of their old assets, such as the Italian cities, maybe the cities from the original AC, Constantinople, etc.

"Potential Name- Assassins Creed: Gemini
I've mentioned a few times here that it would be cool to have a game about Assassin twins, in which the storylines divert when one of the twins converts to the Templars- thus, depending on which ancestor was chosen, players could see the events of the game from two different perspectives (this could work now that it seems we're not following any specific person's genealogy). There could also be a PVP faction element of the game, in which players could be joined in co-op by allies in free roam- but attacked by enemy players secretly as well, kind of like in Watch_Dogs."

Mr.Black24
04-22-2015, 02:57 AM
A comprehensive, impactful, and well constructed storyline that actually touches upon what is already set up, as well as perfectly wrap up character arcs, if no sequel is intended. Leave no question behind.

A game that actually functions when released

A character that doesn't fall into the whole, "charismatic and womanizer" trope....

micksith
04-22-2015, 03:17 AM
Make it work as intended sooner than 6 - 8 months after game launch ..... Be a breath of fresh air to be honest .