PDA

View Full Version : I am getting triple annoyed

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 04:53 PM
The WSAD keys on my machine SUCK big time. I started out liking this game but I am quickly getting to hate it real bad. Only because it is not PC user friendly.

You would expect the keys to be predictable, but by the time I keep screwing around with them to get her in the correct direction I want to go I lose a time out.

I will not recommend this game to anyone unles there are improvements in it.

I have read where crossovers from consoles to PC can be terrible and with the way this game works I agree.

When I pay the bucks I did for this game I expect to not find a challenge in just trying to get around in the game. I could use a bunch of expletives here right now.

Appartently most people have no problem with PC control. Good for you.

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 04:53 PM
The WSAD keys on my machine SUCK big time. I started out liking this game but I am quickly getting to hate it real bad. Only because it is not PC user friendly.

You would expect the keys to be predictable, but by the time I keep screwing around with them to get her in the correct direction I want to go I lose a time out.

I will not recommend this game to anyone unles there are improvements in it.

I have read where crossovers from consoles to PC can be terrible and with the way this game works I agree.

When I pay the bucks I did for this game I expect to not find a challenge in just trying to get around in the game. I could use a bunch of expletives here right now.

Appartently most people have no problem with PC control. Good for you.

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Using the setting application you can re-map any key.

Read about keyboards on the readme.txt file.

As pointed out by someone on the techforum you can even use a joystick or joypad: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joytokey/english.html

Note that JoyToKey or similar applications aren't supported by Ubisoft.

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 12:28 AM
But still, you shouldn't need such utilities. You pay good money for a game. I think it is an insult not to have support for joypads. Here comes a really promising game, that is just so damn obvious that it should go well with a joypad, and it doesn't! For christ sake.

It would be so great to play the game on the TV. But nooo..

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 06:19 PM
I think that this game works best with two analog sticks -- one for movement and one for the camera. Many joypads lack these, and so aren't the ideal solution.

- djnogg

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 09:30 PM
This is a frequent complaint I've seen, but the game has a secondary control scheme built in.

Use the arrow keys for movement, right CTRL for running or the "full speed" on the vehicles, and right WIN for crouch. No need to remap, that's built in. Just look at the config util to see the setup. The only thing you should change over is putting USE on the right shift button.

Then you can fold your thumb under your hand to press those and and use the other fingers for direction control, and the left hand for the mouse.

Hope it helps!

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 01:09 PM
I think that controls are quite good. Not perfect, but I could manage to easy play with them.

If you are a console gamer, don't buy pc games or buy a proper pad for you. My thought are that keyboard and mouse is perfect for nearly every game. The only exception is race games.

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 03:15 PM
My only complaint is that the up and down keys became frozen during game play quite a lot. This was not good when having to photograph ( no zoom ), and saving the game difficult, and exiting the game in the normal fashion impossible.

Im assuming this is because I use a cordless optical mouse and cordless keyboard, so its probably my fault.

I still managed to finish the game, anyway http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Excellent it was, too.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 05:44 PM
You ever play FPSs? That's the best control format, for me, it's way better than the stupid arrow keys because my hand is too close to the mouse.

BTW, you CAN USE THE MOUSE TO POSITION THE CAMERA. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif You only can't when using the Hovercraft...