PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen These Guys?

Shahkulu101
04-16-2015, 08:27 PM
So I was just roaming about Paris and heard some people singing in the near distance so I went towards it and came across these two gents...

http://youtu.be/dUkh8iAu7z0

I don't know what they're saying but it's rather lovely. Always nice to find little things like this in Open World games.

SixKeys
04-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Stuff like this is what makes me love Unity. The little details in the world.

Edit: Notice how they actually stop moving when the singing stops. Usually NPCs just have a set animation that keeps on playing and a voice track that plays separately regardless of if their mouths are moving.

pacmanate
04-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Yep i have. I like the NPC interaction in Unity, its really good.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-17-2015, 01:18 AM
I really love random details like this in games.

Really makes the atmosphere feel authentic <3

VestigialLlama4
04-17-2015, 03:12 AM
Really makes the atmosphere feel authentic <3

Which is sad since UNITY is not authentic at all.

Defalt221
04-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Which is sad since UNITY is not authentic at all.

R U referring to historical authenticity? I thought the co op missions were historically authentic.

Shahkulu101
04-17-2015, 11:13 AM
R U referring to historical authenticity? I thought the co op missions were historically authentic.

Haha those are the ones that are specifically problematic.

Anyway let's not veer off-topic...

VestigialLlama4
04-17-2015, 11:46 AM

There is absolutely zero authenticity in UNITY. It's all fake. Even this otherwise charming scene of Latin chanting on the streets.

Shadow Markuz
04-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Oh I had never seen this :D

Listening to the "lyrics", it's a passage from chapter 1 of the Book of Lamentations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Lamentations), though I think it's cropped to some extent:

1 ALEPH. Quomodo sedet sola civitas plena populo!
Facta est quasi vidua domina gentium; princeps provinciarum facta est sub tributo.
2 BETH. Plorans plorat in nocte, et lacrimae eius in maxillis eius; non est qui consoletur eam ex omnibus caris eius: omnes amici eius spreverunt eam et facti sunt ei inimici.
3 GHIMEL. Migravit Iudas prae afflictione et multitudine servitutis; habitat inter gentes
nec invenit requiem: omnes persecutores eius apprehenderunt eam inter angustias.
(...)

The part in italic is what the people are singing in the video, and it should translate to:

"and tears are on her cheeks.
Among all her lovers
there is no one to comfort her.
All her friends have betrayed her;
they have become her enemies."

I wonder if they sing other passages of the same book if you keep standing there and listen :D

SixKeys
04-18-2015, 02:18 AM
I was hoping someone would find out what they were singing. Cheers.

Shadow Markuz
04-18-2015, 02:22 AM
"I live to serve" :D

Shahkulu101
04-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Oh I had never seen this :D

Listening to the "lyrics", it's a passage from chapter 1 of the Book of Lamentations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Lamentations), though I think it's cropped to some extent:

1 ALEPH. Quomodo sedet sola civitas plena populo!
Facta est quasi vidua domina gentium; princeps provinciarum facta est sub tributo.
2 BETH. Plorans plorat in nocte, et lacrimae eius in maxillis eius; non est qui consoletur eam ex omnibus caris eius: omnes amici eius spreverunt eam et facti sunt ei inimici.
3 GHIMEL. Migravit Iudas prae afflictione et multitudine servitutis; habitat inter gentes
nec invenit requiem: omnes persecutores eius apprehenderunt eam inter angustias.
(...)

The part in italic is what the people are singing in the video, and it should translate to:

"and tears are on her cheeks.
Among all her lovers
there is no one to comfort her.
All her friends have betrayed her;
they have become her enemies."

I wonder if they sing other passages of the same book if you keep standing there and listen :D

Thanks for finding out the lyrics.

And they do sing more than one song actually, so maybe you're right. You can see the guys for yourself if you go to the landmark called La Madeleine, they're standing in the small courtyard.

rrebe
04-18-2015, 10:01 AM
They are quite talented :rolleyes:

Nice find!
I shall go search for them :cool:

Shadow Markuz
04-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Thanks for finding out the lyrics.

And they do sing more than one song actually, so maybe you're right. You can see the guys for yourself if you go to the landmark called La Madeleine, they're standing in the small courtyard.

Thanks Shahk! I'll surely check it out :D