PDA

View Full Version : Newbie request joystick setup help please

lonewolf flyer
05-09-2004, 04:26 PM
I have had the original IL2 for sometime now but couldn't get to grips with the keyboard flying stuff so gave it up. But I love the idea of it. I now have bought a Logitech Attack 3 joystick but don't have a clue how to set it up in the game. I would appreciate any help on the subject.

lonewolf flyer
05-09-2004, 04:26 PM
I have had the original IL2 for sometime now but couldn't get to grips with the keyboard flying stuff so gave it up. But I love the idea of it. I now have bought a Logitech Attack 3 joystick but don't have a clue how to set it up in the game. I would appreciate any help on the subject.

horseback
05-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Most of the issues are solved by default when you go into IL2Setup (in your Program Files)and click on the "Use Joystick" box. (Local Disk [C drive]:/ Program Files / Ubi Soft / Il2 Sturmovik / il2setup)

Then you go to your Controls Menu within the game for each pilot and assign your joystick buttons according to your wishes. The POV hat and first 4 buttons are default, but can be reassigned, and any buttons left over can be set by first clicking opposite the desired command in the menu, and when the box appears, pressing the button and/or keyboard key you want to use for that command. You can select views, F-key functions or CEM for your joystick buttons that way.

Experiment a bit, and determine what's most useful to you. I always like to be able to cycle through the Ctl F1 views myself, and you can assign a button or key for Look Up and use it in combination with your hat switch to to look up left, right front and back, which is always useful in a dogfight. Elevator trim is also useful, especially with LW fighters.

Your manual is also on the CD, and you can check there for other tips.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944