PDA

View Full Version : Joystick and speed pad problem..Help!

DaBone_1
04-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey guys,
i bought a Nostromo Speedpad N52 the other day for my FPS games. Now when I go to plat IL2FB the joystick( x45) will not work!
I have to uninstall the speedpad for the x45 to work in Il2FB!
The funny thing is it doesnt cause a problem with LOMAC !!!!
Anybody got Ideas what I can do ????
Thanks in advance
DaBone

DaBone_1
04-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey guys,
i bought a Nostromo Speedpad N52 the other day for my FPS games. Now when I go to plat IL2FB the joystick( x45) will not work!
I have to uninstall the speedpad for the x45 to work in Il2FB!
The funny thing is it doesnt cause a problem with LOMAC !!!!
Anybody got Ideas what I can do ????
Thanks in advance
DaBone

Zen--
04-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Actually I have the same problem with my Saitek Evo and the N52.

Still investigating the issue, but it seems to be related to some kind of USB driver that Saitek uses, though why this affects only FB/AEP I'm not sure. Windows still sees the Evo, even if AEP does not in game.

I don't think it's the N52 causing the problem either, because I can hook up a Cougar Hotas with the N52 and they both work fine together.

I think it's the Saitek, and am still trying to verify the root cause.

-Zen-

lil_labbit
04-21-2004, 03:37 PM
That's weird - you did check that windows sees both controllers ? (control panel - game controllers) ? and that the evo still has its old game controller ID ?

If it's related to the Saitek driver - then uninstall it - you dont need it for FB unless you use the profiler software.

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

VFS-22_SPaRX
04-21-2004, 05:53 PM
You need to reassign the axis and buttons in IL2 when you have the Nostromo and X45 plugged in together. The nostromo is a bully and wants controller ID0. When you have just eh X45 plugged in, it is ID0 and thats what IL2 defauts to lookin at. When you plug the nostromo in, it pushes teh X45 to ID1. SO just go into controls and reassign all your buttons and axis controls and you will be set.

SPaRX