PDA

View Full Version : Templar's Creed?

Norwegian.FSB
04-12-2015, 05:17 PM
What do you guys think about this idea? Would you be interested in a "Templar's Creed" sort of a game? Maybe it would be named differently, but I know that I would love to see a templar game.

I really loved the Haytham parts in the start of AC3, and Shay's story was amazing in my opinion.

Thoughts on this?

strigoi1958
04-12-2015, 05:44 PM
What do you guys think about this idea? Would you be interested in a "Templar's Creed" sort of a game? Maybe it would be named differently, but I know that I would love to see a templar game.

I really loved the Haytham parts in the start of AC3, and Shay's story was amazing in my opinion.

Thoughts on this?

I think that is what Rogue was... I too really liked the Haytham section of AC3... but in all honesty, it is just a title, the gameplay doesn't change and that is the most important bit. they all want the same things for the same reasons... just a different way of going about it.

I would have liked to have played as a young Haytham and his initiation into the Templars, but I do not think it will happen.

What might have been better.... would be a game with the animus able to let you "jump" from era to era.. like the Helix rifts, but via the animus... BUT when you jump... you move into different characters...
The story could be to track an artifact through the years so... we could play as Altair, Ezio, Haytham, Charles Lee, Edward, Blackbeard, Shay, etc.... As we jump to a new time frame we search for clues and might even "jump" into a different character once we "discover" them in that time and they are added to the animus database...

I'd even throw in a little section for the Desmond fans :D to search for the artifact (or pieces of the artifact from different ages)

JoxerTM22
04-12-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm interested in optimized games and products that don't need modders to unlock graphics spectacle.
If Ubi's plan after some sidescrolling phonegame port on PC and consoles is another Unity mess of a code or eyecandy locked on PC like in Watch Dogs, I'm not buying it.

strigoi1958
04-13-2015, 02:19 AM
I'm interested in optimized games and products that don't need modders to unlock graphics spectacle.
If Ubi's plan after some sidescrolling phonegame port on PC and consoles is another Unity mess of a code or eyecandy locked on PC like in Watch Dogs, I'm not buying it.

Please do not hijack other peoples threads... this is about Templars not an open opportunity for people who think all games should meet their standards... to come and whine

RVSage
04-13-2015, 05:27 AM
Please do not hijack other peoples threads... this is about Templars not an open opportunity for people who think all games should meet their standards... to come and whine

haha bingoo.. couldn't agree more..

Speedy_PC
04-13-2015, 05:39 AM
G'day :)

We've all seen to much AC in the game play for a change and I'm interesting seeing more Templar Creed just like Rogue, it would be great IF Ubisoft create more 3D game players of Templar Creed instead of having to much AC for a change.

So I say to Ubisoft we need more Templar Creed in the game play for a change, and it time to have a rested for a while from the AC game play.

ACZanius
04-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Mistake #1, Templar's have no creed nor do they require it. Fact ;)

pmorales50
04-13-2015, 04:25 PM
I don't think the Assassin games should all around specify weather it is specifically Templar or Assassins. These are stories about a group with a creed and there adventures. As people we make different decisions in life and I think these games portray that so well especially in Rogue. Here was a guy who started as an Assassin and chose to go a different path in life. Its what we all do at some point in our lives, make a choice on what path to take. We don't become Assassins in life but we make choices on what career we will do etc. So I don't think we should specify weather Templar this or Assassin that. UBISOFT Just put out good games/stories that we could all relate to from a group we have all come to relate to and love.

JoxerTM22
04-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Well sorry if you can't decypher my thoughts here, it was not my intention to make such complicated statement.

But just for you:
Yes I absolutely want TEMPLARS game - if it'll be optimized, fun and spectacular as AC:Rogue is.
If it'll be utterly broken as Unity, no, I don't want it.

Is it more understandable now?
But it's strange you believe polished and fun is just *my* standard and it's a sad day when you're calling "a whine" statement from a player who wants polished and fun games.

TH3R4BB1T
04-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Mistake #1, Templar's have no creed nor do they require it. Fact ;)

May the father of understanding guide you.

OT: More background stories about Templars would be great. But maybe all is just a lie about the Assassin's, because Abstergo manipulated the data and gave us a false story. ;)

jeffies04
04-13-2015, 07:46 PM
I would totally play it! But, sort of like was mentioned before, I don't think they really NEED to... They could do the same thing they did in Rogue in a future installment and just show us the other side.

I loved playing as the other side. There have been times throughout the series where I've found myself identifying more with the Templar cause and this was just what I needed. Not sure I align with this New-age Abstergo though... they seem to be doing reckless things just like the Assassins they were trying to stop in the 18th century.

strigoi1958
04-14-2015, 03:02 AM
Well sorry if you can't decypher my thoughts here, it was not my intention to make such complicated statement.

But just for you:
Yes I absolutely want TEMPLARS game - if it'll be optimized, fun and spectacular as AC:Rogue is.
If it'll be utterly broken as Unity, no, I don't want it.

Is it more understandable now?
But it's strange you believe polished and fun is just *my* standard and it's a sad day when you're calling "a whine" statement from a player who wants polished and fun games.

I cannot decypher anyones thoughts I don't hear them but if you hear other peoples thoughts... you're either more evolved than the rest of us or in need of help ;)

Your statement was not complicated... it was a whine about Ubi games not reaching your standard and off topic.

You want a Templar game... great (Back on topic) but then you add parameters

optimized ? what you consider Unoptimized others consider optimized and their are extremists who would consider games you think are optimized to be unoptimized so that's a personal standard... if someone considers a game that you like playing and think is optimized as being broken and unoptimized does that mean YOU are wrong because their standards are even higher than yours ? We could just go back to pacman type games and everyone can have 500fps on a multi set up of 4k monitors... but I don't want games to stop progressing because a few people throw a tantrum if they cannot "Max out a game at 60FPS" constantly.

Fun ? nobody can guarantee to make something fun for everyone... I have a library of games that have less than an hour play time and they will never be played again... the games are not bad or broken games... quite the opposite, Mass effect 3, Borderland, max payne 3, bioshock infinite, sleeping dogs to name a few...all good just not quite right for me... that doesn't make any of them broken, unpolished or not fun.

Spectacular ? I'm not sure what you might call spectacular because to me... 5000 npc's doing random things is spectacular, replicating a city for a game is spectacular, entering and exiting multiple buildings through multiple doors and windows without a loading screen or animation is spectacular, producing a game and putting so much content in it that it has cost me less than a penny per hour to play is spectacular value for money...

If Ubi do make a Templar game and show their creed/ brotherhood/ masonic -ish links.... and it is even half as good as Unity with great gameplay it will be great, but haters will still hate.

Sorry for going off topic OP

But I would say the multiplayer could be good.... depending upon where your allegiances lie... a kind of steal and protect the artifact while killing assassins/ templars

Leo_2301
04-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Templars don't have a creed, just they just need the world as it is, just like Haytham Kenway said before his death. And if you want a game in which you play as a Templar, Rogue does the job for you.

pmorales50
08-31-2015, 04:56 PM
I think that is what Rogue was... I too really liked the Haytham section of AC3... but in all honesty, it is just a title, the gameplay doesn't change and that is the most important bit. they all want the same things for the same reasons... just a different way of going about it.

I would have liked to have played as a young Haytham and his initiation into the Templars, but I do not think it will happen.

What might have been better.... would be a game with the animus able to let you "jump" from era to era.. like the Helix rifts, but via the animus... BUT when you jump... you move into different characters...
The story could be to track an artifact through the years so... we could play as Altair, Ezio, Haytham, Charles Lee, Edward, Blackbeard, Shay, etc.... As we jump to a new time frame we search for clues and might even "jump" into a different character once we "discover" them in that time and they are added to the animus database...

I'd even throw in a little section for the Desmond fans :D to search for the artifact (or pieces of the artifact from different ages)

Well said or written!! I feel ike you do reading some of these comments. Why put something down when so many are enjoying it. The correct statement is " this was not for me" or " this was not my type of game". Narrow mindedness is contagious. One love to all the Assassins Creed fans.

strigoi1958
08-31-2015, 10:32 PM
Thanks... The devs and writers have done a great job so far... I think most ac fans have an idea of where we'd like to see ac go next but it's not up to us;) shame... Regardless I'm always hyped for the next game.

jonathan7882
09-02-2015, 03:28 AM
May the father of understanding guide you.

Speaking of this particular phrase do they ever state who the "Fathermof Understanding" is? I can't recall.

Jessigirl2013
09-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Yeah...
I think it could be interesting,Rogue had more story IMO than Unity in MD....

Did Unity even have a MD ... Nah, I wouldn't call that abysmal attempt MD;)

I think it needs a better name though, and I don't think UBI need to do it yet... <---- When they do they should portray the Assassins more as the bad guys.
I think more recent assassin creed games have just focused on that "Templars are bad" when in fact the two sides are similar.;)

i_Stefan
09-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I too would play and enjoy a game that was based around the Templar side of things, would definitely be interesting, I think it would be a breath of fresh air and may help to stop the creed getting stale, so this could be the right angle to use. (Just my opinion)

Jessigirl2013
09-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Thanks... The devs and writers have done a great job so far... I think most ac fans have an idea of where we'd like to see ac go next but it's not up to us;) shame... Regardless I'm always hyped for the next game.

Overall UBI do a good job at it.

strigoi1958
09-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Farcry 4 gave us choices over which path to choose Amita or Sabal... and FC3 gave us endings depending on our choice.

I wouldn't mind a game that let us choose which mission and let us decide why... and at the end see our induction ceremony as an Assassin.... or Templar... then we can go back and replay and change or choices.