PDA

View Full Version : Stuka bomb release after patch 1.22

xrvjorn
05-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Just installed patch 1.22 and noticed a different Stuka behaviour. Before, the Stuka released it's bomb(s) when I pressed the bomb release button. Now, it will drop it when diving (or pulling up from a dive) whether I want it to or not. Bug or feature? Can I turn it off?

cul8r
/J├┬Ârn

xrvjorn
05-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Just installed patch 1.22 and noticed a different Stuka behaviour. Before, the Stuka released it's bomb(s) when I pressed the bomb release button. Now, it will drop it when diving (or pulling up from a dive) whether I want it to or not. Bug or feature? Can I turn it off?

cul8r
/J├┬Ârn

ucanfly
05-25-2004, 12:50 PM
I know you can change the altitude that it drops at with the increase/decrease Bomb altitude keys, but I don't know how to disable this "feature". Good question.

LEXX_Luthor
05-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Wow, its been awhile. You can change the altitude at which Stuka drops bombs and pulls out. Its called bomsight altitude (or something) and you can map two keys to it and you can change the altitude (displayed on hud text when you change bombsight altitude). Yes the Stuka could do this automatically.

Wellcome to Forgotten Board

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

joeap
05-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Well you can't disable it as such, but you can do the following:
Set the bomb drop altitude (using bombsight increase and decrease keys you have to bind yourself) very low, lower than you plane to drop then just drop manually. Keep in mind that the autobomb drop will drop the full load at once while manual drops in pairs.

xrvjorn
05-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks!

It's interesting that the actual Stukas had this feature, I'll do some google:ing on that subject.

cul8r
/J├┬Ârn