PDA

View Full Version : DM oddity needs testing

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 02:00 AM
I had wondered if there was a correlation, and it happened again last night, so now I think it should be tested online somehow.

Flying the 109 (as well as the He111) I have come upon a situation where the engine/prop controls cease to function. The engine is at full power and the prop is still in auto mode, but nothing can be done to change the throttle setting, nor can the prop be taken off auto pitch, nor its pitch manually changed.

What I find odd is that every single time this condition has occurred it has coincided with elevator damage (not just the control cables, but even just the surfaces damaged, half of stabilizer blown off).

It makes me wonder if this is a bug in the DM or if it is just coincidence.

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 02:00 AM
I had wondered if there was a correlation, and it happened again last night, so now I think it should be tested online somehow.

Flying the 109 (as well as the He111) I have come upon a situation where the engine/prop controls cease to function. The engine is at full power and the prop is still in auto mode, but nothing can be done to change the throttle setting, nor can the prop be taken off auto pitch, nor its pitch manually changed.

What I find odd is that every single time this condition has occurred it has coincided with elevator damage (not just the control cables, but even just the surfaces damaged, half of stabilizer blown off).

It makes me wonder if this is a bug in the DM or if it is just coincidence.

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 06:50 AM
It is my experience that you probably also too some damage to the pitch/throttle controls as well. It can be irritating, but also very challenging, especially if you were in some sort of power maneuver when this happened, thus jamming your controls at 100% throttle/100% pitch!

I have been able to make it back to the base like this, but only by shutting off engine and gliding, turning on engine to climb, and repeating the process until dead-sticking the plane.

I dont know if constant speed props have this DM feature, being that the 190 is the only CS prop plane I fly. (and it's DM is not complex)

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/Fehler.jpg

CARBONFREEZE
12-20-2003, 04:09 AM
I have noticed this as well, usually after my cockpit has one or more bullet holes in the plexiglass or instrument damage.

Russian aircraft require skill to fly.
German aircraft require ten times that skill, and one hundred times the patience!

WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ on HyperLobby

LeadSpitter_
12-20-2003, 05:03 AM
I have noticed this too, another problem i noticed is when switching your magnetos off to slow down quicker in constant speed props, the magento switch will not go back to 1+2, even when going to controll setup and mapping both magnetos switchs to different keys it still stays like that and the only way to get it to work again is shutting down the game and starting it again.

Planes its happened to me most in p40m and p51d

http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LSIG.txt