PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations no full screen

Lord_Furface
04-08-2015, 10:54 AM
So, I desided to install and play Assassins Creed Revelations. I installed it via uplay, got all patches etc.

but I have 2 problems.

First the game won't run in full screen, (alt+enter doesn't work) I run in 1080p, I can change to a lower res, but it only stretches the game, it's still not fullscreen but the "windows bars dissapair"

and secondly, every time I quit the game it crashes.

Any help here? can't find any help on google.

I run:
i5 4790k
GTX 970
16gb ram

so hardware wise i have no problem.

YazX_
04-09-2015, 11:18 AM
whats your monitor aspect ratio?

Lord_Furface
04-09-2015, 01:26 PM
whats your monitor aspect ratio?

16:9, it's not that I have black lines or stuff like that, as I have read that many have, it just wont go to fullscreen.

Here is a printscreen.
and as I stated, alt+enter won't do anything, and I can't find anything in the configfile in My Documents that changes to fullscreen.
http://i.imgur.com/d7aEcA4.jpg

YazX_
04-09-2015, 02:13 PM
16:9, it's not that I have black lines or stuff like that, as I have read that many have, it just wont go to fullscreen.

Here is a printscreen.
and as I stated, alt+enter won't do anything, and I can't find anything in the configfile in My Documents that changes to fullscreen.

ok yes there is no config value for changing window mode, however, i suspect that there is a process conflicting and preventing the game from going full screen, so to be able to test:

1. Start --> Run --> Msconfig --> Startup Tab --> Uncheck everything --> Restart Windows.
2. Catalyst Control Center --> Disable any recording and overlay features.
3. AV and Anti-Spyware --> Disable.
4. Keyboard/Mouse Software --> Disable hooks and overlays.
5. Task Manager --> Kill any unnecessary processes.
6. Backup Documents\Assassin's Creed Revelations\ACRevelations.ini then delete it.
7. Disable MSI Afterburner, RTSS, Fraps,... or any similar software.
8. Run game as Admin

if it went full screen then some program is conflicting and preventing the game from going full screen, so you need to enable them one by one until you find the one causing the problem.

Lord_Furface
04-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Just did all of that, sorry to say, still no change :(

YazX_
04-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Just did all of that, sorry to say, still no change :(

which windows version are you using?