PDA

View Full Version : Kills vs Not-so-killed

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Flew against some bombers today, shot one all up. He managed to land, so I strafed him until he blew up (probably from his engine fire, not my shots). I didn't get the kill. I was the only one that shot him. He dropped his bombs way out in the middle of nowhere, got separated from his flight, blew up. I didn't get the kill.

Flew a bomber later. Got real lucky in that the only hit I got started an engine fire, but I managed to shut #3 down, extinguish the fire, feather the prop, and make it home. Unfortunately, since the TB3 turns on the ground like a train (which is to say it doesn't turn very well at all), I clipped a tree and blew up. The last guy to shoot me got the kill.

You tell me how that's kosher, and I'll buy you a brand new, straight from the manufacturer, Me262. Sticker.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!
-Accept Follow-on Shifts!
-Take the Fight Upstairs!

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Flew against some bombers today, shot one all up. He managed to land, so I strafed him until he blew up (probably from his engine fire, not my shots). I didn't get the kill. I was the only one that shot him. He dropped his bombs way out in the middle of nowhere, got separated from his flight, blew up. I didn't get the kill.

Flew a bomber later. Got real lucky in that the only hit I got started an engine fire, but I managed to shut #3 down, extinguish the fire, feather the prop, and make it home. Unfortunately, since the TB3 turns on the ground like a train (which is to say it doesn't turn very well at all), I clipped a tree and blew up. The last guy to shoot me got the kill.

You tell me how that's kosher, and I'll buy you a brand new, straight from the manufacturer, Me262. Sticker.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:06 PM
How did you clip a tree and blow up? In my experience, trees have no collision model (i.e. you can go through them) unless its a forst.

I can go through bushes, trees, any plant life thats non-forest.

Anyway, I've thought the kill system was wack for a while, too.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:10 PM
You probably didnt get the kill because the pilot must have bailed at some point , if he did you get no kill.

Your TB3 death was viable because you were still in the plane.

Thats how it is Kosher

<table style="filter:glow[color=blueviolet, strength=3"><tr><td> <font color="FFCC66">Colonel Eagle
Commanding Officer
31st Fighter Group
Blue Dragons ~

"Return With Honor"</font></td></tr></table>

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:14 PM
I don't know, but hey, I'll take the sticker anyway /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

/This relatively meaningless post has been brought to you by Ackackman.

Duh!

[No scripts and no Pilots lounge make Ack a dull boy]

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 12:18 AM
It was a tree right at the edge of a forest... one of those stacked pancake thingies. And Colonel, you're right. I didn't think of that. The bomber crew I strafed bailed and ran before it blew.

Ya'll want stickers? I can get F-16 stickers, if you're interested! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.S. I think it's a bit skewed that kills are based on the pilot, not the plane. The plane's important, not the pilot.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!

Message Edited on 08/03/0308:20AM by Aardvark892

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 12:25 AM
wow ...

I didn't know you could feather a prop on the TB-3.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 01:15 AM
You can't. It has fixed pitch wooden props.

Ditching AI aircraft not counting as kills has been addressed in the patch I'm informed.

<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>
Got Nimrod? Try the unofficial <A HREF=http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=4870c2bc08acb0f130e5e3396d08d595>OT forum</A>