PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant idea for an excellent variety boost for multiplayer matches!

RESlDENTEVIL 6
04-02-2015, 03:43 AM
Allright, from what I currently understand, as of now in pre alpha, if either team kills the hostage it is a game over, and the opposing team to not kill it wins.
Ive also noted that the hostage can become injured or in need of revival ( I believe )

Heres where my idea comes into play

I know at first you may think that this situation may never come to reality mid fire fight but I would beg to differ, and I think this would add another layer of diversity and complexity to the already large amount of strategy.

Lets say perhaps, should the criminals have split up, upstairs and down stairs
A single officer breaches into the downstairs and the team down their dispatches him, but DOESNT kill him completely.
the hostage is up stairs.
the team upstairs gets over run, and all die.
the cops get to the hostage and start the evac

however since the cop downstairs is still alive, captured and healed to a slight health, he becomes an objective.
only 1 officer can be captured as a second hostage there will be no promt for another hostage taking afterwords, and when rescued he is given the rescuers secondary weapon and can rejoin the fight, or if the first hostage is rescued, the match is won at that point in time. it takes 2.5 seconds to free the hostage, so no one can just run in and win, if the civilian hostage has been saved prior too.
the captured player is tied and restrained to the ground but can still free look. He has been stripped of his weapons, he can no longer fight.
however he can still relay information to his team that now has to save him the new hostage.
the team is given a 30 second bonus to their total time, as soon as the officer is captured.
the officer that is captured can be dragged very slowly to a more fortifiable location, or to a better location for a trap. ( optional ) possibly add the captured officer an ability to struggle and slow the dragging / carrying even more.

{edit} Also I had another thought about this. That after the 30 seconds are up, the villains are then able to perform the finishing execution on the officer which would take 3 seconds on its own, with a one liner from a list of dialogue and a custom animation, aka pistol to the head.
this would be a nice addition to this idea, since its not quite a determined timer this way and the villains have to stay relatively near the captured officer and it provides more balancing, meaning that the remaining officers would know that the villains must be near the captured hostage.
{unedit}

I feel there is a lot of way to go about this, but I think it would add to the game mode and since its a unique situation, it wont be over played and it will be constantly appreciated among the loyal gamers since it add a nice variety

Let me know what you think ;)
I hope the devs are listening as they said they were in the 30 min gameplay youtube video, that got me hooked on buying the game!!!

RESlDENTEVIL 6
04-02-2015, 03:48 AM
IF it is to much of a change ( I personally do not think so,) then just make it a separate game mode or something, but I think it would take to much attention from the main game mode so I digress

Cortexian
04-02-2015, 05:16 AM
Seems like a mechanic that would almost hardly every be utilized. When we were playing at Ubi Montreal you either got revived fast from the injured state, or you died fast in that state.

I can't realistically seeing the situation you describe happening very often, and it's likely not not worth dev time to implement it for the 0.0004% chance that it will occur.

Just my opinion.

RESlDENTEVIL 6
04-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Seems like a mechanic that would almost hardly every be utilized. When we were playing at Ubi Montreal you either got revived fast from the injured state, or you died fast in that state.

I can't realistically seeing the situation you describe happening very often, and it's likely not not worth dev time to implement it for the 0.0004% chance that it will occur.

Just my opinion.

I personally wish they had gone with an original down guy mechanic,
like you cannt be revived but you can be picked up and carried by a team mate, after about 6 seconds after the injury, the shock subsides and you can then use your secondary or primary at an extreme recoil. 6 seconds giving a player who is certain you were the last around him enough time to capture you. you can crawl but at the expense of remaining health per second ( so u can crawl to nearest cover ). once the shock subsides you can still fight, that way a team mate can re position you tactically for a breach hes about to perform, maintaining realism and then theres is an over all sense of teamwork.

this would also help to implement my above idea by leaving downed teammates around more oftain.

it may not be a tactical move all the time to make an officer a hostage, but I can garuntee that people would still do it, if not for the sheer fun of it, or the challenge
im not expecting them to implement everything ive said, but im also not imagining it would be that hard to implement. And their is no cons to implementing it. People would be impressed by a truly original mode, new features that were actually added in an alpha, from listening to the forums. good publicity, id think balanced idea, and more fun to be had