PDA

View Full Version : Leaked early Box Art and Announcement?

Pest_AWC
04-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Hmmm..this explains a lot....

http://i.imgur.com/KMCHnLZ.jpg

pedropbc
04-01-2015, 02:26 PM
"Tactical shooter" lol.

W4icc
04-01-2015, 02:26 PM
i lol'd :D

anyway good post! Hope Ubi consider about this, because thats the sad truth how it looks at the moment!

RedKnight5
04-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Ha ha.... April Fools!!

SLYSIR
04-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Good day guys,

HAHAHAHA, Pest AWC you made me laugh for a good 10min, i just hope you are not right men.
Lets give the R6 Siege team a chance, maybe our expectancy is too high, i hope not.
With the new generation of PC and consoles they should be able to create something amazing.

If they read this forum and pay attention to us, i think we will get THE GAME we are waiting for, for soooo long !

Take care guys.

Pest_AWC
04-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Good day guys,

HAHAHAHA, Pest AWC you made me laugh for a good 10min, i just hope you are not right men.
Lets give the R6 Siege team a chance, maybe our expectancy is too high, i hope not.
With the new generation of PC and consoles they should be able to create something amazing.

If they read this forum and pay attention to us, i think we will get THE GAME we are waiting for, for soooo long !

Take care guys.

It's a shame that this isn't as much an April Fools joke as we would hope.

Unfortunately, UBI has already stated that there will not be any major changes to the game. At most, we will get tweaks on stuff like the Heartbeat sensor and similar things. This game is already over 2 years in development and once it hits Alpha and a release window is set, there will not be much done since they have to balance it and create content for what exists now.

Had the UBI higher ups that decide on the direction of a proposed game ever read the forums since R6 Ravenshield, they would know that a game like Siege would upset the fans because they are creating yet another non R6 experiment that will fail.

Cortexian
04-02-2015, 05:12 AM
Had the UBI higher ups that decide on the direction of a proposed game ever read the forums since R6 Ravenshield, they would know that a game like Siege would upset the fans because they are creating yet another non R6 experiment that will fail.
What? Old school Rainbow fans are the minority when it comes to the gaming market nowadays. The changes to the franchise that have been made over the years make total sense from a marketing/big business perspective, designed to sell copies of the game.

That's not a failure, it's literally a success if they sell more copies. They won't sell more copies by making this game maximum hardcore tactical like the old school fans want. The audience for that kind of game is relatively small nowadays unfortunately. Keep in mind, this game needs to sell on consoles too, not just PC.

Pest_AWC
04-02-2015, 06:17 AM
What? Old school Rainbow fans are the minority when it comes to the gaming market nowadays. The changes to the franchise that have been made over the years make total sense from a marketing/big business perspective, designed to sell copies of the game.

That's not a failure, it's literally a success if they sell more copies. They won't sell more copies by making this game maximum hardcore tactical like the old school fans want. The audience for that kind of game is relatively small nowadays unfortunately. Keep in mind, this game needs to sell on consoles too, not just PC.

Ravenshield was a top seller on both PC and Consoles, and beat the sales of the other FPS franchises of the time.

So churning out the cheaply made console port of Lockdown that failed miserably was a business success?

Slapping the R6 name on Vegas with it's 3rd person magical see around walls perspective with team uniforms not matching somehow didn't create an identity crisis for the R6 name?

Why is it that BF and COD continue to dominate both PC and Consoles? It's because they stuck to their original style of game and built on it with each new release. They didn't go off in some completely different direction like the R6 and Ghost Recon series have done.

What game has been made since Ravenshield with it's realism and tension levels being somewhere between COD and ARMA style games that failed to show a real market for that kind of game? Where do you get your data from that this market dried up?

If I want to play COD for it's casual style I'll play COD. If I want to play a shinanaginz filled unrealistic war game with vehicles and planes as well as FPS I'll play BF. If I want to play ultra hardcore I'll play ARMA. If I want to play somewhere in between ARMA and COD, I'm left with Ravenshield because UBI dropped what made R6 games different and now they just want to try to steal some of the COD fans.

How exactly is a small maps 5 Vs 5 COD CQB style game going to compete with COD? It won't. COD gamers will play COD and not just a niche knockoff of COD like Siege.

Cortexian
04-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Where do you get your data from that this market dried up?
I haven't seen any mildly successful game in this niche for some time now. There's no games so there's no data to indicate either way.

Insurgency, MAYBE fits in there. But it's hardly what I'd call AAA successful.

pedropbc
04-02-2015, 01:55 PM
They had a solid, sucessful, well loved and unique franchise and slowly turned it into a fast paced run'n'gun blindfire pray'n'spray whit giant ammo pool FPS game. How sad is that?Pretty sad. Why they wanted to jump in the R6 success train whit those games? I mean they should have released Lockdown, Vegas 1, 2 and Siege whit other title, not R6. Those games are not R6. They should have preserved the fanbase not piss them off whit those games. We are minory now because of that, release after release we losed hope. Like a knife slowly cutting into your heart. Now almost none of us is left, we gonne to other franchises that respect the player a little more. Old R6 games shared shelfs whit simulators and now they will share it whit COD and stuff. Sad.

If they wanted other market share why pissoff the old one? Why not create a new series that will supply that need? Bad decisions.

Sure i will play Siege and i will probably like it and have fun whit it. It looks like a cool game but will never be a true R6, not by the eyes of R6 true fans. Never.

"Money, business, marketing perspective" was not a good excuse to destroy our game. Again, they could have done another franchise and left our intact. Preserving their fans.

One day, one DEV team in somewhere will make a game that will honor R6 memory, it will probably not be called R6 but it will stand up to and honor its legacy.

RIP Tom Clancy.

nagajolokia666
04-02-2015, 03:19 PM
I haven't seen any mildly successful game in this niche for some time now. There's no games so there's no data to indicate either way.

Insurgency, MAYBE fits in there. But it's hardly what I'd call AAA successful.
they are a small indie game developer,but...they have made one of the best hardcore shooter out there:cool: and now imagine,that they have a multi million dollar budget for development and marketing,like Ubisoft has and then they make a game on the new unreal engine 4...huh:cool:... would this game be AAA successful in your eyes!?!

also:
Indie of the Year 2014 - Players Choice -2nd place -INSURGENCY http://www.indiedb.com/events/2014-indie-of-the-year-awards/features/indie-of-the-year-2014
videos from some "big"youtubers:
matimio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhSHoeTTpHc
Worth A Buy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYqtJlQcdG0
TheRA1DER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ifyeEDcUD4
LevelCap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnTzvCH6lc
TotalBiscuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxjlHU9u38
and many more...and most of them say its one of the best and better than the,so called big AAA games

Cortexian
04-02-2015, 04:40 PM
It probably would. My point is that no one has done a game in the truly hardcore tactical shooter genre for a while now. We just have extremes with CoD on one end and Arma on the other.

nagajolokia666
04-02-2015, 05:28 PM
My point is that no one has done a game in the truly hardcore tactical shooter genre for a while now. We just have extremes with CoD on one end and Arma on the other....see this here is the problem,Ubisoft had a perfect opportunity to make R6 Siege a hardcore tactical shooter that is awesome and unique and sticks out from all other arcade/casual games,and this way maybe they would set a new standard for FPS games by not dumbing down and making the game for brain dead 12 year old CoD kids.
but with a hardcore unforgiving game with a steep learning curve that has(had:() a strong history/roots and loyal fans

but sadly(from what we all saw in the alpha) they are going to drop the ball on this one.:(

RedKnight5
04-02-2015, 05:29 PM
In all due respect from my limited knowledge of the Insurgency game... since I can't play it... Google came in handy for this post of mine.

It seems a shame... that Insurgency is only available for the PC and Mac OS X system computers on Steam.

I guess the Next-Gen consoles like the PS4 and the xBox1 were left out in the cold. That makes for a lot of lost game sales. And I don't think the Total Game sales for Insurgency were released. I can't find them.

Reviewed: “Insurgency is a well paced tactical shooter that's just a couple of big fixes away from competing with Counter-Strike.”
75 – LINK: IGN (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/insurgency-review)

As for Counter-Strike Global Offensive...
Counter-Strike Global Offensive... looks like an old Last-Gen graphic quality looking game. SOCOM Confrontation had more superior looking graphics... IMO. And that was back in October 14, 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gv9euatmo

CS: GO on PS4/XB1 maybe? Not now, or ever it seems (or Insurgency for that matter) : https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/624075567026159805/

Elbrother26 (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125863230) https://steamcommunity-a.akamaihd.net/public/images/skin_1/iconGames.png Nov 24, 2014 @ 10:38am
the problem here is that many techniques on CS are designed and only can be done by a keyboard a mouse. the other problem is that it wouldnt be fair for some people on console with a keyboard and mouse play agains with people playing with a controller, the guys with a controller would be destroyed.

And... a truly intelligent comment from a gamer...
^kakaN^ (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093992404) https://steamcommunity-a.akamaihd.net/public/images/skin_1/iconGames.png Nov 24, 2014 @ 10:38am
haha consoles suck. thats basicly it and no steam games will be made for consoles. ever.
_________

So... in my opinion... any game developer that ignores the Next-Gen Consoles going forward from here and develops their game for PC/&Steam only... will most likely be a low selling, niche game in today's game market. If Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare by Activision, had gone this PC/Steam only route for their game... would they have sold 18.47 million units globally? Or became the Best Selling Game in 2014? And IMO... Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was a piece of crap game anyway! Right behind BF4 and it's problems!! http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare&platform=&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=GL

I'm certainly not an expert on this stuff... but I'm sure UbiSoft wants to sell as many Rainbow6 Siege units as they can to make large enough profits when it's released to pay for it's production costs... and make a decent profit on the side. So no game developer should "poo poo" the Next-Gen consoles and favor the PC only. And for UbiSoft to bring Rainbow6 Siege to the PC, PS4 and xBox1 all together... decisions must be made by UbiSoft just how best to do that.

I'm just glad UbiSoft is trying to bring back to us, another Rainbow6 game after all these years. I'm willing to give them a little slack doing this in today's 2015 game market. If it's not "perfect" for the old time elite RB6'ers... so be it and don't buy it. We have only seen the Alpha footage so far... and I'm sure UbiSoft will upgrade the graphics of Siege for it's final release day. If not... RB6 Siege will also look like an old Last-Gen graphic looking game for the PS3, xBox360 and whatever else. But prejudging and making your final decisions on RB6 Siege at this point in time by you folks... is useless. Watch the trailers, give UbiSoft your suggestions... and patiently wait.

I'll wait for the beta version trailers and the final Gold game trailers on the release day of RB6 Siege to make my final decision to buy the game or not.

Robbiej68
04-02-2015, 07:24 PM

R6 have done well because of old school fans and now there are turning to the COD crowd.
ALI A was in Montreal and why the hell did Ubi invited him?

I hope you will enjoy Call of Duty Siege,

It looks like that Ground Branch is our last hope for good tactical shooter for now, but I also believe that one day the tables will turn....it always does at some point :)

RedKnight5:
About Insurgency.....I saw a live stream some time ago and one of the devs talked about that they would like to port it to consoles at some point.

Optisel
04-02-2015, 07:27 PM

What a man who doesn't know anything..... If devs are like you we're going to a monster fail...

Cortexian
04-02-2015, 07:56 PM
ALI A was in Montreal and why the hell did Ubi invited him?
I was also there, and I had a great time playing the game regardless of the fact that it's not as hardcore as some old school fans would like. This game is unique, it doesn't play like CSGO, it doesn't play like Call of Duty, and it sure as heck doesn't play like Battlefield. It's fun.

Could it use some improvements and adjustments to make it more like Rainbow? Yes.

Are JackFragz suggestions really good? Absolutely.

Do I want this game to shift a little more towards the old school Rainbow Six experience? 100%

That said, if it stays the way it is, I'll probably still play A LOT of it. It's extremely fun to play.

What a man who doesn't know anything..... If devs are like you we're going to a monster fail...
All you need to do is look at the Reddit and these forums. There's a relatively small group of the same people consistently hating on the game because it's not old school hardcore Rainbow Six. It's the same people on both sites, and there's not a whole lot.

Keep in mind that most people that like something will not post on a forum or Reddit and say they really like it, they will remain silent. Human nature is to voice our opinion when we DON'T like something. I'm pretty sure that I can safely say that for every person that has said they don't like the direction Siege is heading in, there are probably an equal amount of people who are indifferent or pleased with what they're seeing.

Cheers,

pedropbc
04-02-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry if i looked like i was hating on you people, it is not your fault or the devs(its ubisoft). I'm COD, BF, MOH player too. I like them, they are good games in their own universes. I just didn't want things to get messed up. It is a bad thing. No doubt Siege should be a lot fun to play.

I'm just here to remind ubisoft medusa head.

nagajolokia666
04-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Could it use some improvements and adjustments to make it more like Rainbow? Yes.

Are JackFragz suggestions really good? Absolutely.

Do I want this game to shift a little more towards the old school Rainbow Six experience? 100%

That said, if it stays the way it is, I'll probably still play A LOT of it. It's extremely fun to play.

But for how long?!
until it becomes dull and boring? weeks,months or years?

pedropbc
04-02-2015, 09:33 PM
And also keep in mind that most people aren't here to complain because they lost their hope years and years and years ago. They already made their complaints and simply don't bother anymore because they lost faith in the series and Ubisoft. Most of your public now is from the new generation, they know this series since Lockdown and beyond, of course Siege will suit them easier. Like people said, is a great business. They really don't felt in their skins what R6 was all about. And they can't, it's terrbile to run these old games in modern technology. And kids these days want a lot of eye candy. I mean, it's lost. I'm just a reminder of this mistake.

Hvns
04-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Slow it down for god sake!
R6 Siege developers - please install Raven Shield and play it for a while.
Then uninstall CoD, BF4 and other causal sh**t and give us proper successor of legend Tom Clancy's fpp tactical shooters.
Thank you.

Pest_AWC
04-03-2015, 04:50 PM
All you need to do is look at the Reddit and these forums. There's a relatively small group of the same people consistently hating on the game because it's not old school hardcore Rainbow Six. It's the same people on both sites, and there's not a whole lot.

Umm...if that were the case then they wouldn't have 20 or 30 or in a few cases over 100 upvotes for those wanting Rainbow Six to go back to its roots and stop trying to be a CQB version of COD or BF. Also, while some of the more dedicated fans like myself post more and in both forums, that doesn't mean our viewpoints are limited to just us. I know most of my old clan leaves the commenting to me because we don't need to spam the forums and I'm the one that keeps up with all of this, so I do the posting. Quite frankly, most of them gave up and don't believe UBI will ever change its practice of ruining it's successful games by going in completely different directions with them.

UBI is essentially a company that owns or buys up a bunch of good games or names of games and then slaps those names on whatever idea some developer comes up with even if it doesn't match the Intellectual Property they put it under. They rely on name recognition to sucker in buyers.

If they want an honest review of how much fun Siege is, then they may want to ask that under the COD reddit forums and not the R6 ones. Surprisingly, the fans of Run N Gun with magical crutches and unrealistic play don't tend to hang out in the Rainbow Six forums, other than you maybe.

Honestly, you sound like the type of person that if UBI came up with a very fun Mario Kart style game and slapped the Rainbow Six name on it, you would still be fine with that since "It's a fun game!"

My clan used to play BF1942, Rainbow Six Ravenshield, and IL2. We alternated and enjoyed them all. Siege may be a fun game, but since they incorrectly stuck it under the R6 umbrella it won't ever get a fair shake and for good reason. Had they continued the R6 style of games and spun off a second casual run n gun franchise under another name then perhaps Siege would do well.

pedropbc
04-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Looking at reddit TOP "from all time" you can't tell we are minority. We old R6 fans are getting tired of those releases that don't honor the original game. At least Ubi could remove R6 title from Siege and any other R6 reference in game. It will solve the problem, you guys can still sell a lot to the casual share without hurting this franchise anymore. You don't need R6 name to sell this game, i assure you that. You can start a Siege series and everyone will be happy.