PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the terrorist models?

LEKrensta
03-30-2015, 11:25 PM
You look at the siege gameplay shown at E3 and earlier videos of the game, and the terrorists actually look like terrorists..what happened? Why do both the defenders and attackers have similar looking models now? Kinda a disappointment...
This is what they use to look like: PIC (http://cdn1.expertreviews.co.uk/sites/expertreviews/files/styles/article_main_wide_image/public/images/dir_451/er_photo_225595.jpg?itok=3plVFYGI)

Cortexian
03-31-2015, 12:03 AM
Been asking about this, trying to find out myself...

LEKrensta
03-31-2015, 12:05 AM
Yeah, doesn't seem like anyone knows...hell, it doesn't seem like anyone even realised, and this is one of the biggest things that disappointed me..

Cortexian
03-31-2015, 12:12 AM
I noticed at the press event a couple weeks ago, unfortunately I didn't have time to ask about it because I kept getting pulled away to do interviews and video capture for their videos haha. I'll see if I can email someone about it and get an answer!

LEKrensta
03-31-2015, 12:19 AM
I noticed at the press event a couple weeks ago, unfortunately I didn't have time to ask about it because I kept getting pulled away to do interviews and video capture for their videos haha. I'll see if I can email someone about it and get an answer!
That would be highly appreciated man. Again, it was a huge disappointment for me, probably not for others. Im really suprised that nobody really noticed it.

Deosl
03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Well, in R6 it's always been operators vs operators, nothing huge. You have to look at the history of R6 all the way to the book and see what the devs are trying to create. In the book every operator has a certain skill, and this shows in the operator gadgets.

You also have to look at the theme they are going for and the operator classes. It's operators from all the world and different branches doing "exercises" under the Rainbow name. How would this go down with tangos? And how would you give the tangos their own gadgets?

In the end who cares? It's 5 vs 5, team vs team, the skins don't matter.

W4icc
03-31-2015, 07:42 AM
Well, in R6 it's always been operators vs operators, nothing huge. You have to look at the history of R6 all the way to the book and see what the devs are trying to create. In the book every operator has a certain skill, and this shows in the operator gadgets.

You also have to look at the theme they are going for and the operator classes. It's operators from all the world and different branches doing "exercises" under the Rainbow name. How would this go down with tangos? And how would you give the tangos their own gadgets?

Sure it does.... anyway it would be one more reason not to buy the game, since now the gameplay looks like a CS or COD copy.

Optisel
04-05-2015, 03:01 PM

Still waiting an answer

FORCExRECON
04-05-2015, 03:44 PM

What you just described is NOT Rainbow Six. They've completely ruined the immersion that Rainbow is famous for. It's always been terrorists vs rainbow, not a clusterf*ck of different antiterrorism branches playing pretend.

mau5eum
04-05-2015, 04:36 PM
What you just described is NOT Rainbow Six. They've completely ruined the immersion that Rainbow is famous for. It's always been terrorists vs rainbow, not a clusterf*ck of different antiterrorism branches playing pretend.

In multiplayer no one looked like a terrorist.

jarowskis
04-07-2015, 08:57 PM
"Hi, in answer to your question:

No, you will never play a terrorist in Rainbow Six Siege.

You will always play as one of the CTU Operators.

That’s what Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six games have always been and we’re faithful to the brand legacy.

This was already the case in previous Rainbow Six games.

There was no reason to change on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege."

Tobothy
04-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Who told you that? Honestly it feels pretty stupid to have both sides be special forces. Much easier to distinguish the two sides when they are different. Sure the sides have different models but ultimately they are both "special forces dudes with body armor and riot gear". So having one team not looking like that would have been much nicer, like in the E3 demo.

Wepeell
04-08-2015, 12:19 AM
When you have these kind of exercises in real life, you wouldn't have the terrorist role dress up as operators, you would have them dress in civilian or more mercenary like outfits. Having both sides dress up as counter-terrorists is therefor not only completely distracting and messes up your target recognition but it's also completely unrealistic, even for an exercise.

LEKrensta
04-08-2015, 06:24 PM
They should really give this question an answer because I cant tell you how many times I've died to someone in the alpha because I thought they were on my team..