PDA

View Full Version : Assassin stalkers in Rogue are weird

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 07:05 AM
How come the stalkers in Rogue are so clueless? They hide in bushes or hiding doors where they have limited vision, so you would think they would use Eagle Vision to detect when Shay is near. So why do they keep falling for firecracker darts? Why can they not detect Shay stalking them from a tree branch?

These things make sense in all the other games where you, the assassin, are the only one with the ability to see through walls and the people you hunt are just ordinary. But in a game where BOTH the hunter and the hunted share the same superpower, it really makes the assassins look stupid as hell for not using theirs against Shay.

HDinHB
03-30-2015, 07:28 AM
Remember not all Assassin's have the gift of Eagle Vision, or have it to the same degree. We just happen to always play as Assassin's with higher levels of the ability. Mary Read made quite a fuss about Edward having the "sense." One could assume the Assassins assigned to wait in random bushes for Shay to wander by might not be the highest level Assassins with the most training or the greatest concentration of 1st Civ DNA..

LoyalACFan
03-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Are they actually Assassins though? I thought only the hideout leaders were actually legit Assassins, and the others were basically just contract killers (so no Eagle Vision).

I thought this thread was going to be about how they used that white-haired female character model for every single stalker :rolleyes:

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 07:36 AM
Remember not all Assassin's have the gift of Eagle Vision, or have it to the same degree. We just happen to always play as Assassin's with higher levels of the ability. Mary Read made quite a fuss about Edward having the "sense." One could assume the Assassins assigned to wait in random bushes for Shay to wander by might not be the highest level Assassins with the most training or the greatest concentration of 1st Civ DNA..

If the recruits stalking Shay don't have the sense, isn't it extremely irresponsible to send them after such a dangerous man? They KNOW Shay has the advantage over some green recruits.

Are they actually Assassins though? I thought only the hideout leaders were actually legit Assassins, and the others were basically just contract killers (so no Eagle Vision).

I thought this thread was going to be about how they used that white-haired female character model for every single stalker :rolleyes:

The gang members show up as orange dots on the mini-map. When you detect an assassin in the bushes, I believe they turn red, which makes me believe they really are assassins and the hired help are just bodyguards.

Some of the stalkers are male, but that female character model does pop up a lot. I guess it's nice to see female assassins in some capacity though, even if they are only there as cannon fodder.

HDinHB
03-30-2015, 07:44 AM
If the recruits stalking Shay don't have the sense, isn't it extremely irresponsible to send them after such a dangerous man? They KNOW Shay has the advantage over some green recruits.

"You go to war with the army you have..."

ACZanius
03-30-2015, 09:27 AM
If you really look the "Assassin take in Rogue", they ultimately fail to pull it off, the gang leaders actual Assassins are complete joke, literally skin-over from Captains/Jagers from AC3/4/Freedom Cry, same animations except they give em parkour and smoke bombs, and of course main Master Assassin targets, a complete fail of their abilities i could not believe how easy we kill Adewale, he was trained master assassin and knows how they work the skills he had in Freedom Cry, where are they now?, he had no special animations in combat just generic Ai, goes for Kesegowase, Adewale, Hope and Le Vendraye. For those who played Freedom Cry we know Ade was a beast and had superb skill in combat, just seems cheap to see him go down so easy. Regarding Stalkers, they were just trained by Assassins and they did a great job on them, i just wish Shay didn't have Eagle Vision or at least not so evolved it would make things more realistic and challenging also when they air assassinate you they should say nothing and just be quiet that would be so game changer in difficulty even remove whispers. Let players themselves rely on how much they learned what Assassins are capable from all previous games ;) :)

Markaccus
03-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Agree with this 100%. The stalkers (like most of the game imo) are largely pointless and a bit soft. Instead of having loads of them all over the place, they should have had one or two much harder ones that were not so easy to locate, and did not follow a standard mindless attack pattern. Basically the formula to killing them is....
1) Locate badly-hidden tatget.
2) Get close enough so that they run at you shouting "raaa" (or drop down on you shouting "raaa from above").
3) Counter kill in apropriate fashion (because it unlocks an achievement) otherwise you can just shoot them where they hide.
4) Find underpants
5) ???????
6) Profit

Namikaze_17
03-30-2015, 02:31 PM
i could not believe how easy we kill Adewale, he was trained master assassin and knows how they work the skills he had in Freedom Cry, where are they now?, he had no special animations in combat just generic Ai

For those who played Freedom Cry we know Ade was a beast and had superb skill in combat, just seems cheap to see him go down so easy.

This, and the death speech disappointed me in Rogue.

Such a crappy death for a great character. :/

Sorry for going off-topic though...

ACZanius
03-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Markaccus, Namikaze_17, i hear ya, don't get me wrong, i fu****g loved Rogue as a AC game, honestly north Atlantic was breathtaking, i love the Colonies and the time period, felt so good seeing AC3 environment again mixed with AC4 style, they nailed historical tourism part, lands, city everything, voice acting superb, characters good as always but the biggest let down was unfortunately the main concept of having Assassins as enemies, it was not horrible, we can get air attacked or tricks pulled on us but what does that matter if it's so easy, this game had amazing opportunity of raising the difficulty by simply not holding our hand all the time, remove compass and Shay shouldn't have had so evolved eagle vision or non at all, also if they only removed screaming before they attack us it would be harder already at that point now imagine all that what i said in game, PLAYER themselves would be responsible if they die, you yourself would need to watch and observe environment for hidden threats. Anyway yeah for anyone wondering what i mean read my original post above, fantastic concept, they failed to pull it off. Other than that game is still freaking good and fun, AC will always have special spot in my heart ;)

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Agree with this 100%. The stalkers (like most of the game imo) are largely pointless and a bit soft. Instead of having loads of them all over the place, they should have had one or two much harder ones that were not so easy to locate, and did not follow a standard mindless attack pattern. Basically the formula to killing them is....
1) Locate badly-hidden tatget.
2) Get close enough so that they run at you shouting "raaa" (or drop down on you shouting "raaa from above").
3) Counter kill in apropriate fashion (because it unlocks an achievement) otherwise you can just shoot them where they hide.
4) Find underpants
5) ???????
6) Profit

Yup, agreed. My biggest problem with the stalkers is the same as in ACR: there's too damn many of them! It gets seriously annoyingly having to stop every 10 seconds to hear more whispers after you just killed one of them. And the ones you hunt are laughably ineffective. It would be better to have just a couple of them stalking you from the shadows throughout the whole game. Maybe as scripted events like the followers of Romulus in the catacombs in ACB who would sometimes scare the crap out of you by running past you and then disappearing behind the corner. That would give the impression that Shay is really being hunted and vulnerable, and when you do finally confront and kill some assassins, it would feel like a true victory. They also needed to utilize more weapons than just smoke bomb.

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 12:59 AM
most important question is why do they keep flashing their panties at Shay?

on second thought, it's freakin' Shay. That's explanation in itself.

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 01:11 AM
I like them, I like when I'm walking and suddenly one pops out of a haycart and I just counterkill them and keep walking like it was just Tuesday, I like when I randomly stumble upon one spying in a corner and i just go there and kill him/her before they notice me, or when I see one in a roof, and I like when I actually am surprised by one, which is rare, but sometimes happens, or when I'm fighting one and suddenly a second ones randomly appears and kills me or at least injures me, is just a gimmick but it's a pretty entertaining one.

SixKeys
03-31-2015, 01:58 AM
Stalkers in Rogue:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/585083/airplane-fight-o.gif

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 02:01 AM
yeah but i was sad the stalkers were kinda like fodder in rogue

i expected more of a challenge from them too

oddyouko
03-31-2015, 03:46 AM
It can get a little repetitive hearing their whispers every 10 seconds everywhere you go, yeah. At one point, I actually wished there was an option to disable them, it was so annoying. But I don't feel that way now. Satisfying when you least expect one to come running at you, then with one press of a button Shay blocks their attack, and boom, delivers the final blow they intended to do to you. :cool: On my bad days, I enjoy going stalker hunting. Never gets old.

Fatal-Feit
03-31-2015, 04:06 AM
most important question is why do they keep flashing their panties at Shay?

on second thought, it's freakin' Shay. That's explanation in itself.

99.9% of me believe the stalkers were modeled after fangirls.

I like free-roaming Rogue's NY just to go ''Just air assassinated Quirky.'' ''Ha, Nerdie fell off that building.'' ''Kaschra, you so dumb!''

Markaccus
03-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Stalkers in Rogue:

Would all stalkers please line up in an orderly fashion to report for their daily beating. Thank you.

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Stalkers in Rogue:

Pretty accurate.