PDA

View Full Version : Favorite minor characters?

tommo256
03-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Thought I might start a discussion, sorry if something similar has been discussed before. Favorite minor characters over the whole AC series, I guess any non-playable character or non-main villain.

I personally love Leonardo da Vinci, Yusuf, Achilles, Mary Read and Marquis de Sade just because he was so damn interesting

Gotta give a shout out to Duccio as well just because it was so fun beating him up 3 times

SixKeys
03-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Malik, Rosa and Leonardo are my top three, I guess. And the bureau leader in Damascus, aka Stealth A**hole.

Megas_Doux
03-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Leonardo Da vinci, Malik, Mary Read, Yusuf, AC III Achilles.

HDinHB
03-28-2015, 12:40 AM
That's a very broad definition of minor character, and I wouldn't consider most of these minor characters at all (but I agree all the ones listed are great characters and among my favorites).

At first thought my favorite truly minor character would have to be the rafiq at the Damascus bureau (you're half-right SixKeys, but I don't think his assholiness was all that stealthy :p).

I envy you, Altair. Well, not where you were beaten and stripped of your rank, but I envy everything else! Oh, except for the terrible things the other Assassins say about you! But yes, aside from the failure and the hatred, yes, aside from those things I envy you very much!
And I like how his opinion of Alta´r improved over time.

Matknapers18
03-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Yusuf, Leonardo and Ah Tabai are my top 3.

Shahkulu101
03-28-2015, 12:51 AM
Well you're definition of minor seems to mean fairly important side characters...

In which case, just off the top of my head, I really like Leonardo, Yusuf, Achilles, Stede Bonnet (God what a legend this man is), Mary Read and Marquis De Sade.

Plenty more I could have included - AC has some pretty great side characters.

Xstantin
03-28-2015, 12:53 AM
Mary Read, although I don't think she's minor

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2015, 01:19 AM
If I had to choose one or two from each game:

Malik, Leonardo Da Vinci/Bartholomew, Achilles/Faulkner, Gerald, Blackbeard/Steve Bonnet

SixKeys
03-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Why does everyone seem to like Stede Bonnet? I mostly remember him as the clueless guy who was obsessed with sugar and then just disappeared.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Why does everyone seem to like Stede Bonnet? I mostly remember him as the clueless guy who was obsessed with sugar and then just disappeared.

I think it was a little more than that though.

I mostly remember him as the guy who wanted to be a pirate after sailing with Edward/Blackbeard for a while.

And of course the guy who wet his pants when Blackbeard "appeared to be the devil." :rolleyes:

D.I.D.
03-28-2015, 01:58 AM

In the English language version, he's played by James Bachman. He's an excellent comedy actor, a regular team member of Bleak Expectations and That Mitchell and Webb Sound/That Mitchell and Webb Look, who's made appearances on lots of other UK comedy shows (Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh, The IT Crowd).

Obviously, not many people who play AC recognise him from his other work but I think his performance talent shines through into his game VA, especially from his radio experience. He's great at adding charm to awkward characters and making you feel like you just heard a joke even if the line isn't really a funny one. Stede Bonnet's scenes were also quite beefed up for a character who is seen so briefly in the story, apparently because he did have a lot more scenes in the original script which were cut along with the related gameplay sections from later parts of the game, which might have something to do with why he caught so many people's attention from so little material.

I hope he'll be in Victory in a larger capacity.

Shahkulu101
03-28-2015, 03:30 AM

The guy's hilarious, and like D.I.D said he's very well acted. I look at him as a sort of lovable oaf, he didn't have a large role but he made an impression in every scene IMO.

GunnerGalactico
03-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Malik, Rosa, Bartholomew, Yusuf, Robert Faulkner and Mary Read

VestigialLlama4
03-28-2015, 07:30 AM
I don't know what "minor" means in this case. These are games with large casts as usual.

Favorite supporting characters: Malik, Leonardo, Machiavelli, Claudia, Caterina Sforza, Yusuf, Suleiman, Achilles, Israel Putnam, Mary Read, Blackbeard, Adewale

Minor (I am assuming): Acre Rafiq, Paola (Courtesan leader in Florence), La Volpe, Piri Reis, Lance the Woodworker, Ah Tabai, Anne Bonny, Pierre Bellec.

Namikaze_17
03-28-2015, 08:09 AM
AC1: Malik
AC2/ACB: Leonardo
ACR: Prince Suleiman
AC3: Achilles/ Kanen'to:kon
AC4: Adewale/Ah Tabai/ Roberts
ACRo: Colonel Monro
ACU: Pierre Bellec/Mirabeau

king-hailz
03-28-2015, 08:30 AM
AC1 - Malik
AC2 - Leonardo, Rosa, la volpe, sister Theodora, Antonio, Mario.
ACB - Returning characters from AC2.
ACR - Prince Suleiman, Yusuf.
AC3 - achilles.
AC4 - Stede Bonnet, Jack Rackham. (BBasically everyone shows in the end if AC4 at the table)
ACU - No one.
ACR - achilles, haytham, adewale, colonel monro.

tommo256
03-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Side characters, theres the word I was looking for! Knew it didnt sound right thats why I tried to explain myself haha

pirate1802
03-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Mary Reed, Charles Vane, Leonardo, Suleiman, Yusuf, that Damascus Rafiq and malik.

These are just off the top of my head, there's too many to name actually :o

Fatal-Feit
03-28-2015, 03:01 PM
AC1 - Malik (don't remember anyone else)

AC2 - Leonardo, Mario, and Rosa

ACB - Leonardo, Salai, and Bartolomeo

ACR - Yusuf, Suleimon, and Sofia

AC3 - Achilles, Robert Faulkner, William Johnson, Thomas Hickey, and Ziio

ACL - Gerald

ACIV - Stede Bonnet, Blackbeard, Mary Read, Ah Tabai, Charles Vane, Jack Rackham, Jennifer Scott, Anne Bonny, and Caroline

ACRO - James Cook

ACU - Bellec, Elise, Mirabeau, Napoleon, Marquis de Sade, and Leon.

[EDIT] Read the OP wrong.

Assassin_M
03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
AC I: Jabal, Malik, Rafiq
AC II:.........Shaun?
ACB: Machiavelli, Claudia, Egidio Troche
ACR: Suleiman, Yusuf
AC III: Faulkner, Ziio, Sam Adams, Rebecca
AC IV: Stede Bonnet, Backbeard, Vane, Jack Rackham
ACU: Bellec, Mirabeu, Marquis de Sade

Fatal-Feit
03-28-2015, 05:04 PM
AC I: Jabal, Malik, Rafiq
AC II:.........Shaun?
ACB: Machiavelli, Claudia, Egidio Troche
ACR: Suleiman, Yusuf
AC III: Faulkner, Ziio, Sam Adams, Rebecca
AC IV: Stede Bonnet, Backbeard, Vane, Jack Rackham
ACU: Bellec, Mirabeu, Marquis de Sade

Oh, right! Special shout-out to Shaun Hastings, my favorite MD character.

Assassin_M
03-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Oh, right! Special shout-out to Shaun Hastings, my favorite MD character.
Agreed.

Namikaze_17
03-28-2015, 05:09 PM
^ I'm just wishing for him to be bragging about us going to London. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
03-28-2015, 05:14 PM
^ I just wishing for him to be bragging about us going to London. :rolleyes:

He should so be our Bishop in Victory. Instant 11/10 MD.

Namikaze_17
03-28-2015, 05:19 PM
He should so be our Bishop in Victory. Instant 11/10 MD.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/21a18ecef9247ca1d5d89c60a3547cda/tumblr_n2ja8etMzb1skh0gdo1_250.gif

Kaschra
03-28-2015, 05:44 PM
AC1: Malik, Maria

AC2: Rosa, Leonardo, Mario, Federico

ACB: Claudia, Machiavelli, Lucrezia

ACR: Yusuf, Sofia, Suleiman

AC3: Ziio, the Homesteaders, Achilles

ACL: Elise LaFleur, Roussillon

AC4: Mary Read, Stede Bonnet, Ben Hornigold, Anne Bonny, Blackbeard, Rhona, Ade... pretty much everyone lol

ACU: Elise

ACRogue: Hope, Gist, Monro, Benjamin Franklin

And Clay, Shaun, Lucy, Rebecca, Violet, Otso & Melanie for MD

LoyalACFan
03-29-2015, 01:06 AM
The monk Sibrand killed
The "shoot the flying demon" guy
The mustache guard Ezio killed for his clothes in the Pantheon
The random masked guy Ezio appointed to take Yusuf's job
The shopkeeper who didn't rip Connor off
The captain of the Jacobite
The first guard Shay shot with a sleep dart
Arno

RinoTheBouncer
03-29-2015, 01:09 AM
Malik, Lucy, Rosa, Mario, Leonardo, Claudia, Anne Bonny, Mary and Elise

HDinHB
03-29-2015, 01:20 AM
The monk Sibrand killed
The "shoot the flying demon" guy
The mustache guard Ezio killed for his clothes in the Pantheon
The random masked guy Ezio appointed to take Yusuf's job
The shopkeeper who didn't rip Connor off
The captain of the Jacobite
The first guard Shay shot with a sleep dart
Arno

Now those are minor characters!

bitebug2003
03-29-2015, 01:31 AM
Mary Read, Caterina Sforza, Claudia, Lucy, Leon, Leonardo da Vinci, Elise, Bishop

Assassin_M
03-29-2015, 01:32 AM
Leon
Never understood why so many reviews called him "annoying". Loved the little guy.

I-Like-Pie45
03-29-2015, 01:33 AM
Captain Seepwood

and of course, my henchmen! man, i'd have to be way out of my mind if I ever hurt any of them

MorKali1
03-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Favorite minor characters: Malik, Leonardo da vinci, Mary Read, John Pitcairn and George Monro.

SixKeys
03-29-2015, 02:37 AM
Never understood why so many reviews called him "annoying". Loved the little guy.

Kids in movies and games are almost invariably annoying. Leon fell juuuuust on the "less annoying" side for me, which is surely a testament to Jeff Yohalem's writing abilities.

Assassin_M
03-29-2015, 02:46 AM
Kids in movies and games are almost invariably annoying. Leon fell juuuuust on the "less annoying" side for me, which is surely a testament to Jeff Yohalem's writing abilities.
Why, though? Is there a default i'm not getting here?

SixKeys
03-29-2015, 02:56 AM
Why, though? Is there a default i'm not getting here?

Default for what? For disliking kids in general or disliking Leon?

Assassin_M
03-29-2015, 02:58 AM
Default for what? For disliking kids in general or disliking Leon?
Disliking kids, and by extension Leon

Fatal-Feit
03-29-2015, 03:04 AM
Why, though? Is there a default i'm not getting here?Well, children's demeanor tend to feel ''annoying'' because in movies or video games like AC, where you're putting yourself in the shoes of someone who's beyond being ''a kid'', you feel like you are more mature. The cool one. You're above this person who's so young and inexperienced, yadayada. In the case of Leon, who really isn't more annoying than the next guy, it's one of those things where because ''annoying kid sidekicks'' have been so prominent in movies and video games, his role classifies him as one. At least that's what I think.

Shahkulu101
03-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Leon was alright but the whole "we need to save France" thing nearly made me throw up.

SixKeys
03-29-2015, 03:20 AM
Disliking kids, and by extension Leon

Well, I dislike kids IRL, so I'm biased, but in entertainment they're often written in an unrealistic way. Maybe because it's hard for people to remember what it was actually like being a child. They either tend to write children as sickeningly pure and innocent, or as horribly obnoxious little ****s. In reality all kids have their good and bad sides, just like adults. They're not wide-eyed little angels and they're not little devils, either. In AC, Petruccio was more the "little angel" type, but we didn't get to see much of him so he didn't get a chance to be annoying. Leon was more the obnoxious type (running away at the worst moments, yelling a lot, making fun of the hero etc.), but he had a few redeeming moments, so he's okay in my book.

LoyalACFan
03-29-2015, 03:29 AM
Leon was alright but the whole "we need to save France" thing nearly made me throw up.

Oh my God, yes. He was like 10 years old and an orphan; he'd had a pretty hard life and realistically wouldn't be that naive. Yet with the whole "let's save France" thing he acted like a sheltered kid half his age. Overall I liked him well enough, but that aspect bugged the **** out of me

Shahkulu101
03-29-2015, 03:36 AM
Oh my God, yes. He was like 10 years old and an orphan; he'd had a pretty hard life and realistically wouldn't be that naive. Yet with the whole "let's save France" thing he acted like a sheltered kid half his age. Overall I liked him well enough, but that aspect bugged the **** out of me

I understand it was the there to give emo Arno a newfound sense of hope and I actually liked that aspect of the story, but that line is cheesy as all hell.

SixKeys
03-29-2015, 04:07 AM
Keep in mind patriotism was very much alive and pronounced in those days, especially because it was the Revolution. Even grown-ups had this feeling of being able to accomplish great things together (and did). It's really not a stretch at all to imagine a kid of Leon's age buying into that.

Jexx21
03-29-2015, 04:38 AM
my favorite minor character is Connor

Shahkulu101
03-29-2015, 04:42 AM
my favorite minority character is Connor

samerz

Jexx21
03-29-2015, 04:44 AM
no look at his screen time

Connor's a minor character

don't make me fight you mate

Namikaze_17
03-29-2015, 05:54 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QvNCwOK5-t4/UrbzXYunAoI/AAAAAAAAPd8/OregQh1zfFc/s1600/trying-not-to-laugh.gif

Assassin_M
03-29-2015, 05:54 AM
I still don't get what's so annoying about Leon.

Namikaze_17
03-29-2015, 05:58 AM

Same.

It's like the stephane thing; I don't hate them, but I laugh at people's dislike for them. :rolleyes: :p

I-Like-Pie45
03-29-2015, 06:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWVHdKre3T0

IsAZebraACat
03-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Gerald from Liberation is easily the most likeable character in the entire franchise.

I'll let other people debate if he's "minor."

dxsxhxcx
03-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Leonardo, Rosa (really a shame that they dropped her character because of the death of her voice actor, she would've been perfect as Ezio's love interest) and Yusuf...

Shahkulu101
03-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Rosa was on screen for like 2 minutes in total...

What do people see in her?

I-Like-Pie45
03-29-2015, 04:45 PM

T&A

honk honk

Shahkulu101
03-29-2015, 04:55 PM
T&A

honk honk

Yeah I didn't want to say, but...

Templar_Az
03-29-2015, 05:00 PM

LOL I was JUST thinking of writing that. Although I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks he is minor.

Other fav minor characters of mine: Yusuf, Adewale, the drunk Templar from AC3, the chubby guy Edward meets after killing Duncan Walpole, the funny Englishman from the modern day story and Blackbeard. That's all I can think of.

Namikaze_17
03-29-2015, 05:02 PM

The world may never know... :rolleyes:

But seriously, who knows. She was on screen for a brief time, and I can't recall anything she said or did that was memorable.

Rest in peace to her VA though. :(

Gerald from Liberation is easily the most likeable character in the entire franchise.

I'll let other people debate if he's "minor."

Christ, I forgot about him.

I don't know about anyone else, but I sometimes forget Liberation exists as an AC game.

Fatal-Feit
03-29-2015, 05:52 PM
T&A

honk honk

^ dis

She was the most beautiful and charming woman in the Ezio Trilogy, IMO. Leonardo, that cockblocker... :p

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 01:11 AM

I liked her attitude and her VA did a great job. That scene where she's getting her leg fixed, it almost sounds like the actress really did have a broken leg, she was so into it. Maybe Ubi knows something we don't....

IsAZebraACat
03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
I don't get why people like Anne Bonny so much either, she doesn't do or say anything noteworthy as far as I remember.

As a matter of fact I think I remember being ticked off at the fact she ends up as a crew member on the Jackdaw for some reason. Probably because Adewale was a way better character.

VestigialLlama4
03-30-2015, 11:43 AM

He's Robin to Arno's Batman. He's just a plot device to get Arno out of his depressive funk. Personally I like the kid for having more b-lls and guts than Arno and other Assassins. The game might as well be called Coward's Creed as far as the French Assassins go.

Anyway DEAD KINGS as a DLC is kind of pointless, has no cool concept and gimmick, and Leon kind of becomes the scapegoat for that unfairly.

Keep in mind patriotism was very much alive and pronounced in those days, especially because it was the Revolution. Even grown-ups had this feeling of being able to accomplish great things together (and did). It's really not a stretch at all to imagine a kid of Leon's age buying into that.

The problem is that Arno is an anti-revolutionary, the main game makes the Templars behind the Revolution, so the Revolution is bad, the King is innocent and the poor people are all evil, and Napoleon is a cool guy.

In Dead Kings, the game is more pro-Revolutionary and anti-Napoleon, so Leon's friendship with Arno is contradictory and false. And Arno isn't any savior of France, he's the guy who was Napoleon's b-tch.

Namikaze_17
03-30-2015, 12:12 PM
The game might as well be called Coward's Creed as far as the French Assassins go.

AC3: Warriors Creed
ACL: Slave's Creed
AC4: Pirate's Creed
ACRo: Templar's Creed
ACU: Coward's Creed
ACV: ????

By god, I can't wait to see what this fandom thinks of next. :rolleyes:

pirate1802
03-30-2015, 12:49 PM
ACV: Vice Creed

VestigialLlama4
03-30-2015, 02:04 PM
ACV: Vice Creed

Capitalist's Creed

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

dxsxhxcx
03-30-2015, 02:49 PM
I liked her attitude...

basically this, she was an alpha female...

Shahkulu101
03-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Straight out of Venice
Badass hot thief's with attitude

Fatal-Feit
03-30-2015, 07:30 PM
I don't get why people like Anne Bonny so much either, she doesn't do or say anything noteworthy as far as I remember.

As a matter of fact I think I remember being ticked off at the fact she ends up as a crew member on the Jackdaw for some reason. Probably because Adewale was a way better character.

Speaking of Anne Bonny, anyone else have a hard time enjoying IV's historical characters after watching Black Sails? It's a TV series so they have more screen time to develop whereas in BF, you only have like 5 mins worth of screening. Kind of sucks badly in comparison.

VestigialLlama4
03-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Speaking of Anne Bonny, anyone else have a hard time enjoying IV's historical characters after watching Black Sails? It's a TV series so they have more screen time to develop whereas in BF, you only have like 5 mins worth of screening.

Well Black Sails is a piece of s--t TV show that makes a hash of a masterpiece like Treasure Island.

Anne Bonny has a small role in BLACK FLAG but all those moments are great. There are no small parts, only small actors.

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 10:27 PM
The problem is that Arno is an anti-revolutionary, the main game makes the Templars behind the Revolution, so the Revolution is bad, the King is innocent and the poor people are all evil, and Napoleon is a cool guy.

In Dead Kings, the game is more pro-Revolutionary and anti-Napoleon, so Leon's friendship with Arno is contradictory and false. And Arno isn't any savior of France, he's the guy who was Napoleon's b-tch.

Well, Dead Kings takes place after the events of the main game, when Arno and Napoleon are no longer buddies. The way I see it, Arno became disillusioned with Napoleon at some point and maybe started to see a lot of things from a different perspective.

Megas_Doux
03-30-2015, 10:47 PM
Well, Dead Kings takes place after the events of the main game, when Arno and Napoleon are no longer buddies. The way I see it, Arno became disillusioned with Napoleon at some point and maybe started to see a lot of things from a different perspective.

Well yes, however:

The ending of the game states that both Arno and Napoleon returned years to that place where the death of Elise took place. In the wikia even says 1808......That┤s what I hate the most in fact, that HUGE unexplained gap

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Unity really does have enormous plotholes. Smh.

Shahkulu101
03-30-2015, 11:12 PM
Unity really does have enormous plotholes. Smh.

Which is why I was certain there would be a Napoleon sequel, and why I don't find the idea that Ubi canned the other Arno game and decided to release Victory in 2015 instead that far fetched.

Megas_Doux
03-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Which is why I was certain there would be a Napoleon sequel, and why I don't find the idea that Ubi canned the other Arno game and decided to release Victory in 2015 instead that far fetched.

Exactly what the doctor ordered, MORE rushed games........

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 11:17 PM

We might get something like Rogue at some point, basically a rushed game with recycled assets made to fill in the plotholes. But who knows.

HiddenKiller612
03-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Shout out to Douchio I mean... ahem, Duccio... For giving me a laugh as I mercilessly beat him in Revelations.

SirSionis
04-02-2015, 02:47 PM
My favorites:
AC1:Malik.His relationship with Alta´r.Also,Al Mualim,I love his conversations with Alta´r.In fact,I remember few conversations in AC as deep as those.Damascus Rafiq was nice too.
AC2:Antonio was interesting.Specially his speech when you are trying to enter that Palace in Venice(sorry,I don't remember the name now).Leonardo,too.
ACB:Machiavelli.His cynical attitude,his respect for Cesare despite him being his enemy.
ACR:Yusuf was a likeable guy.Piri has some nice moments also,same for Suleiman.
AC3:Achilles.I loved his relationship with Connor.And...Haytham counts?in the last sequences he...is sort of?
ACIV:Bartholomew Roberts.The guy has some really good quotes,and I just overall liked him.Also,Blackbeard for the same reason.Benjamin Hornigold,too,and I also liked Stede Bonnet a bit.
ACRogue:George Monro.Such a nice and respetable man.Shows that not all the Templars are Borgias.I liked Christopher Gist also,specially because of his conversations with Shay.I also liked Liam a bit.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2015, 03:15 PM
We might get something like Rogue at some point, basically a rushed game with recycled assets made to fill in the plotholes. But who knows.

and then end up having even more plot holes as a result

Shay: YOU CANT DECIDE WHO LIVES OR DIES! NOW IM GOING TO JOIN THE TEMPLARS! THEYD NEEEEEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!