PDA

View Full Version : On the adding of new flyables (ideas)

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:10 AM
it seems that which aircraft that should be added to the game is a very discussed topic on these boards, and there are lots of proponents that claim that the simulation needs the P-51, the Whirlwind, B-17 and the like. this is all fine and well, but personally in my very humble opinion i think that one should not forget that there are quite a few interesting non-flyables that me atleast would like to fly in the game (with a cockpit, that is), as well as there would be less work to add them, to me they seem more relevant in an eastern front setting.
Particularly i thought it would be fun to have the Pe-2, which would allow pilots to set up VVS divebombing squadrons using an appropriate plane.
while the communists have the Il-2 (i love that one) i thought it would be interesting if the Hs-129B's were flyable, giving the nazis an dedicated ground attack plane. they already got the tankbuster-stuka though. but that is a *75 mm* gun! LIEK OMG!
obviously it would own any plane in a dogfight with that kind of firepower http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

other neglected aircraft i would like to pilot: the R-10, and the Fi Storch (if you could add the 150 kg's of bombs it says it could use, otherwise it has no offensive weapons.)

disclaimer: this is not a whine. i do not expect any of these aircraft to become flyable, and i dont expect anyone else to do all the hard work simply because i want to fly them.

and oh yes, i am a longtime lurker, first time topic starter on these forums. and i absolutely suck as a virtual pilot.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:10 AM
it seems that which aircraft that should be added to the game is a very discussed topic on these boards, and there are lots of proponents that claim that the simulation needs the P-51, the Whirlwind, B-17 and the like. this is all fine and well, but personally in my very humble opinion i think that one should not forget that there are quite a few interesting non-flyables that me atleast would like to fly in the game (with a cockpit, that is), as well as there would be less work to add them, to me they seem more relevant in an eastern front setting.
Particularly i thought it would be fun to have the Pe-2, which would allow pilots to set up VVS divebombing squadrons using an appropriate plane.
while the communists have the Il-2 (i love that one) i thought it would be interesting if the Hs-129B's were flyable, giving the nazis an dedicated ground attack plane. they already got the tankbuster-stuka though. but that is a *75 mm* gun! LIEK OMG!
obviously it would own any plane in a dogfight with that kind of firepower http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

other neglected aircraft i would like to pilot: the R-10, and the Fi Storch (if you could add the 150 kg's of bombs it says it could use, otherwise it has no offensive weapons.)

disclaimer: this is not a whine. i do not expect any of these aircraft to become flyable, and i dont expect anyone else to do all the hard work simply because i want to fly them.

and oh yes, i am a longtime lurker, first time topic starter on these forums. and i absolutely suck as a virtual pilot.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:13 AM
The Hs-129 cockpit is currently being done by Lukas..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:14 AM
nice. rather ignorant of me not to check what aircraft that was currently under construction before posting this..