PDA

View Full Version : No more Unity patches coming up?

wootwoots
03-25-2015, 03:34 AM
All said in the title...
Since i guess.. Unity is still not really deserve the title of "release version"

Is there more patch coming ? or.. Ubisoft gave up and take advantage of AC rogue to make ppl forget unity issues ? Or they consider Unity as a "finished game" ?

would be curious to know.

LikeICarehah
03-25-2015, 12:24 PM
i bet they not gonna bother with it.. they were saying 2 patches back that - game runs great while whole world told em its a crap.

they released Rogue.. people fall for that.. so.. Ubi's plan is working.. attention from Unity went to Rogue.. people admire Rogue.. saying they did a good job on that game.. but i dont know how you can say - that a great game Ubisoft developed about a game that was made on Old AC III Engine where they combined mechanics from AC III + Black Flag + wrote down a new storyline and removed Nvidia Tech (that was in Black Flag) so they game have a poor graphics same as AC III.

Going4Quests
03-25-2015, 02:21 PM
I just want to say that Unity DOES run fine for me (GTX 970).

However, I think many of the claims that Unity doesn't run well are false, because well, on many sites I have read comments where people were compalining about bad perfomance. I asked what their GPU was, and many said for example that their GPU was the GTX 660. You should note that the Minimum requirement for Unity is 680. Next up it got revealed they were trying to play on high setting.

'nuff said.

YazX_
03-25-2015, 02:34 PM

However, I think many of the claims that Unity doesn't run well are false, because well, on many sites I have read comments where people were compalining about bad perfomance. I asked what their GPU was, and many said for example that their GPU was the GTX 660. You should note that the Minimum requirement for Unity is 680. Next up it got revealed they were trying to play on high setting.

'nuff said.

That and also Unity first two patches included more than 300 fixes which ironed out most of issues and bugs, yes there are still bugs and issues but those are not ground breaking and affect the minority, many were complaining about crashes and the problem was caused by their unstable PC setups, while others are playing on laptops where it is clearly stated on the requirements page that laptops are not officially supported but the game might work, so many people are not following min requirements and they run into problems then blame the game for that.

strigoi1958
03-25-2015, 07:36 PM
What issues are concerning you ?

MutatedOreo
03-26-2015, 12:22 AM
What issues are concerning you ?

The lack of tessellation, as promised to us prior to the game's release. See this thread here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1049815-NVIDIA-GeometryWorks-DirectX-11-Advanced-Tessellation-Update-for-AC-Unity

This still needs to be added in in a patch.

strigoi1958
03-26-2015, 02:50 AM
I was asking the OP

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
03-26-2015, 11:02 AM
I think we may still get that update ;)

wichking
03-26-2015, 10:12 PM
They still didnt fix the jumping though Npcs and the strange jump animaiton. Sometimes it looks like arno flies instead of a dynamic jump. looks weird and should be fixed. the jumping through npcs i can live with but its still a thing that should be fixed imo

YazX_
03-26-2015, 11:42 PM
They still didnt fix the jumping though Npcs and the strange jump animaiton. Sometimes it looks like arno flies instead of a dynamic jump. looks weird and should be fixed. the jumping through npcs i can live with but its still a thing that should be fixed imo

Yah there are still minor bugs and glitches but none are ground breaking, my point is Unity had rough release but all major issues have been ironed out and fixed in the first month, then moderate and some minor issues got fixed in second and third months. however, there are some people blaming the game because of the rough release it had and still think the game has major issues while its not and wont be convinced its not the game even if it got 100 patches rather than their setups, most of them are software issues like having conflicting processes, viruses, malwares ,... or even corrupted windows files.

drgn-assassin4
03-27-2015, 03:20 PM
In asking to be in the patch is maybe some way to beat the Mission 7/ 3. Defeating Bellec is not working. I have tried every trick I could find. I do understand it has to be a little difficult, but to lose every single time and not be able to progress an iota is a little discouraging.
Understandably you cannot route out a new play for defeat, but maybe something can be done to make it more bearable.
It is such a beautiful game the hard work and attention to detail is duly noted.
Thank you!

AnnieBeGood
03-27-2015, 03:30 PM
@suprgrl - I understand your pain..... I use an xbox controller normally and failed every time.... then I tried a combination of controller to push and keyboard to hit the E button. Lo and behold it worked (for me) and I finally got 100% sync. :D

xxTheDeV1LXx
03-27-2015, 06:56 PM

'nuff said.

so tell me i have R9280x tri-x vapor overclocked and an amd fx-8350 should i run the game on low 20fps ? i dont think so

drgn-assassin4
03-27-2015, 11:00 PM
@suprgrl - I understand your pain..... I use an xbox controller normally and failed every time.... then I tried a combination of controller to push and keyboard to hit the E button. Lo and behold it worked (for me) and I finally got 100% sync. :D

After some few tries more, I did get through. I also use the XBox controller and mixed it up with kb on the first part, then kb on the second holding W,A and Cntrl. Got through it pretty smoothly.
Another patch will be nice to look forward to. Otherwise just a few things here and and ther that glitch out. :D
This game may have been a train wreck in the beginning, but it is so hard not to play because it is enjoyable.

Hopefully I didn't derail this for the OP. My apologies.

Pezol
03-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Yah there are still minor bugs and glitches but none are ground breaking, my point is Unity had rough release but all major issues have been ironed out and fixed in the first month, then moderate and some minor issues got fixed in second and third months. however, there are some people blaming the game because of the rough release it had and still think the game has major issues while its not and wont be convinced its not the game even if it got 100 patches rather than their setups, most of them are software issues like having conflicting processes, viruses, malwares ,... or even corrupted windows files.

Dude you are trying to sell us crap so hard its sad. Game didnt had rough release, Ubisoft didnt bother to beta test it so it was patched in last month, not after month. There are ****load of bugs to date, With inviting to multi, some people cant go past some sections which is game breaking, my name in clan list 50 times for some reaseon or other, god awful textures in log distances, crashes, and random stuf. Dont tell people that this is their fault cause its not. The truth is ubisoft will be decapitated after fail of division 7 ( they somehow managed to break TETRIS). So please go and tell your lies somewhere else.
think of this what you will, but that was cash grab and middle finger to people who supports both game and company.

YazX_
03-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Dude you are trying to sell us crap so hard its sad. Game didnt had rough release, Ubisoft didnt bother to beta test it so it was patched in last month, not after month. There are ****load of bugs to date, With inviting to multi, some people cant go past some sections which is game breaking, my name in clan list 50 times for some reaseon or other, god awful textures in log distances, crashes, and random stuf. Dont tell people that this is their fault cause its not. The truth is ubisoft will be decapitated after fail of division 7 ( they somehow managed to break TETRIS). So please go and tell your lies somewhere else.
think of this what you will, but that was cash grab and middle finger to people who supports both game and company.

Dude i don't work for Ubisoft, i don't sell anything and don't get anything in return for what it matters and i suggest you change this attitude of yours since you clearly didn't read forum rules and you should be aware that you can express your opinion in non-hostile way EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE otherwise its considered flaming and you will get an infraction for that, consider this as a warning.

However, back on topic i'm not discussing whether the game had been tested or not, i said most of people (btw minority now) are having problems because of their setups after the released patches up to date and i still stand for that. i get alot of PMs about problems, freezing and game crashes,...... and 99% of these cases are caused by users errors not the game, but you are still new here and clearly dont get PMs nor know how many problems are caused by users and not the game itself.

And also i find some contradictions in your post, how come a bug of listing your name 50 times is ground breaking?!

does it prevent you from joining or playing co-op as an example or just a visual bug, let me answer this for you, its a visual bug.

how come low draw distance break your gameplay?

does it prevent you from playing? does it crash your game? , let me answer this for you, no it doesnt, and also all AC games have low draw distance so this is nothing unusual, yes it is annoying and i hope it will change in future, does it change your game experience? for some users it does and i'm one of them but you have to differentiate between game experience and game errors and this is clearly a game experience factor.

Crashes?

yes right like the guy who kept complaining for 2 months about crashes and appeared to be his RAM timings are incorrect, or the guy who had his CPU OCed with unstable voltage, or the guy who is playing on underpowered laptop where it clearly states that all laptops are not officially supported, or the guy who had most of files corrupted during download and confirmed he verified his files but appeared to be he is doing it incorrectly, or..... there are tons of things i can list here about these crashes but mosr of them are caused by user errors, does that mean the game doesn't crash , no it might rarely crash but not frequently.

Inviting to Multi?

AC games MP since ACB is based on P2P and you have to forward ports and unblock the traffic in firewall to be able to connect successfully, for every AC game that supports MP there is an FAQ section on Ubisoft support website which lists all game ports and how to forward them, many users dont know that nor have the slightest idea of how P2P networking works, its not the game's fault that users have traffic blocked in their routers thus making connections unsuccessful.

does that mean MP doesnt have connection problems? no it does have problems like any other P2P MP, packets loss, delays, host reliability,..... usually those problems are reduced to great extent by using dedicated servers but there are too many factors to take into account like players connections reliability as an example.

some random stuff??

like what?!

it is clearly non of the issues you listed are ground breaking and thats confirming what i have said for what it matters.

Duko79
03-29-2015, 04:27 AM
I need ubisoft to fix this game so i can play it properly. I can run Battlefield and other new games fine.

Basically my Arno gets stuck in everything, walls, furniture and dont forget about the stuttering, sometimes its not stuttering some times it does. IN DEAD Kings, it stutters ALL the damn time.

danielvsa
03-29-2015, 05:00 AM
The game still have problems. There are some texture fails, and poor draw distance graphics, once the Unity was release with a problematic and untested engine. Xbox One and PS4 versions still have frame-rate problems, and Ubisoft isn't working to fix definitely.

So, WE NEED more patches, you must accept that fact. And Ubisoft won't see my money again if keep acting like Sleeping Beauty .

Pezol
03-29-2015, 02:39 PM
Dude i don't work for Ubisoft, i don't sell anything and don't get anything in return for what it matters and i suggest you change this attitude of yours since you clearly didn't read forum rules and you should be aware that you can express your opinion in non-hostile way EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE otherwise its considered flaming and you will get an infraction for that, consider this as a warning.

However, back on topic i'm not discussing whether the game had been tested or not, i said most of people (btw minority now) are having problems because of their setups after the released patches up to date and i still stand for that. i get alot of PMs about problems, freezing and game crashes,...... and 99% of these cases are caused by users errors not the game, but you are still new here and clearly dont get PMs nor know how many problems are caused by users and not the game itself.

And also i find some contradictions in your post, how come a bug of listing your name 50 times is ground breaking?!

does it prevent you from joining or playing co-op as an example or just a visual bug, let me answer this for you, its a visual bug.

how come low draw distance break your gameplay?

does it prevent you from playing? does it crash your game? , let me answer this for you, no it doesnt, and also all AC games have low draw distance so this is nothing unusual, yes it is annoying and i hope it will change in future, does it change your game experience? for some users it does and i'm one of them but you have to differentiate between game experience and game errors and this is clearly a game experience factor.

Crashes?

yes right like the guy who kept complaining for 2 months about crashes and appeared to be his RAM timings are incorrect, or the guy who had his CPU OCed with unstable voltage, or the guy who is playing on underpowered laptop where it clearly states that all laptops are not officially supported, or the guy who had most of files corrupted during download and confirmed he verified his files but appeared to be he is doing it incorrectly, or..... there are tons of things i can list here about these crashes but mosr of them are caused by user errors, does that mean the game doesn't crash , no it might rarely crash but not frequently.

Inviting to Multi?

AC games MP since ACB is based on P2P and you have to forward ports and unblock the traffic in firewall to be able to connect successfully, for every AC game that supports MP there is an FAQ section on Ubisoft support website which lists all game ports and how to forward them, many users dont know that nor have the slightest idea of how P2P networking works, its not the game's fault that users have traffic blocked in their routers thus making connections unsuccessful.

does that mean MP doesnt have connection problems? no it does have problems like any other P2P MP, packets loss, delays, host reliability,..... usually those problems are reduced to great extent by using dedicated servers but there are too many factors to take into account like players connections reliability as an example.

some random stuff??

like what?!

it is clearly non of the issues you listed are ground breaking and thats confirming what i have said for what it matters.

First of all do not patronize me, second of all i know how to forward ports ( also ive got 160mb download and 120 mb upload speed), im maybe new to this forum, but i didnt born yesterday.
we were in total 4 poeple who bought your game, weve got same machines ( Pentium i7 4790k @ 4,00 ghz, geforce 970 4,00 gb ram , memory 16,00 gb ram 1333, and windows 7 64 with 1sp)and internet connection as i said above. We didnt have much issus in single player (didnt even get faceless bug, thou i had one or two crashes), but then we want to play co-op, So we randomly connect one to other then we coudn't connect to anyone, then again we could connect all besides one for some reason, in rare cases we actually could play in 4 we had Tons of bugs, mostly we would stuck in dumb places(and had to restart game which is for me game breaking), fly above cities,disconnected from game(and coundn't connect back)(those are programming issues not system), so yeah... we waited when things will change with promised patches, Guess what ? nothing had change since. So our money went same place as game... garbage. First time we had issues like that.
Also about long draw distance, let me ask like this, if your spause would look like crap and you have to wake up next to her to the rest of your life... how happy would you be about that ?( its not game breaking but it force us to joke around and so we cant take game serious). I didnt say that you try to sell us game but you try to pull the wool over our eyes if you will.
Lastly I may have overreacted, but i hate when things i like go south and i realise it is time to move on, i just want to check out if something is changed...

YazX_
03-29-2015, 03:07 PM
First of all do not patronize me, second of all i know how to forward ports ( also ive got 160mb download and 120 mb upload speed), im maybe new to this forum, but i didnt born yesterday.
we were in total 4 poeple who bought your game, weve got same machines ( Pentium i7 4790k @ 4ghz, geforce 970 4,00 gb ram , memory 16,00 gb ram 1333, and windows 7 64 with 1sp)and internet connection as i said above. We didnt have much issus in single player (didnt even get faceless bug, thou i had one or two crashes), but then we want to play co-op, So we randomly connect one to other then we coudn't connect to anyone, then again we could connect all besides one for some reason, in rare cases we actually could play in 4 we had Tons of bugs, mostly we would stuck in dumb places(and had to restart game which is for me game breaking), fly above cities,disconnected from game(and coundn't connect back)(those are programming issues not system), so yeah... we waited when things will change with promised patches, Guess what ? nothing had change since. So our money went same place as game... garbage. First time we had issues like that.
Also about long draw distance, let me ask like this, if your spause would look like crap and you have to wake up next to her to the rest of your life... how happy would you be about that ?( its not game breaking but it force us to joke around and so we cant take game serious). I didnt say that you try to sell us game but you try to pull the wool over our eyes if you will.
Lastly I may have overreacted, but i hate when things i like go south and i realise it is time to move on, i just want to check out if something is changed...

i'm not patronizing you, you broke forum rules by the way you posted and i warned you about it so follow forum rules and you will not be warned. second you still refer to me as "Your Game", as i said i don't work for Ubisoft and what i say here is strictly my personal opinion as a customer who bought the game same as you.

Now for the co-op part, clearly not all of you know how to forward ports nor unblock traffic in router and windows and thats why its failing to connect, the concept is simple, allow traffic and you will be able to connect, if you are not being able to connect then your NAT either strict or moderate and not fully open. also it depends on the guy who is hosting the game, if you have all ports opened and have great internet as you say, you should host all games, meaning you should invite all people to play with you since you know how to forward ports and unblock traffic in firewall. i have more than 70 hours in Unity, not a single crash or co-op failure, when i play co-op sometimes i find it hard to join other people although THEY CONFIRMED HAVING PORTS FORWARDED AND UNBLOCKED TRAFFIC but it seems they don't know if they have done correctly, so i take over and host the session and what do you know, everyone is able to connect and we play without problems, so i find it hard to believe that the game is causing this kind of connection issue with your MEGA connection while it doesn't on my 16Mb/s Down / 1Mbps UP.

does that mean the game doesnt cause any connections issues?

no it does have its own connection issues as i stated previously and sometimes you need to restart the game to be able to connect, but its not happening everytime and frequently.

Getting stuck in some places, yes that's possible and it occurred to me once but you are making it as it happens every single session and minute, however, in such cases you should contact Support and report such bug (provide them with video which will be alot better) because responsible teams will never know about this issue unless you do that, so don't expect a fix for something they are not aware of. sometimes users have corrupted files which cause such behavior, yah they say/confirm verifying files and everything is ok while they didnt do it correctly, so you now see from where i'm coming from.

Again for draw distance, its not something new to AC, it has been like this since AC1 and actually its worse in previous ACs, yah its annoying and its one of the top things that annoyed me when i reviewed the game, but the fact still stands it doesn't break the game in anyway rather than affect your gaming experience and this can be filed as feedback to Ubisoft Devs so they can enhance it in future titles. so stating that this is a major issue is incorrect as it doesn't break the game in anyway and this is considered as enhancement.

Anyway, my whole point of posting what i'm posting is for people to realize that the released patches up to date ironed out most of issues and almost all major ones, so the case now is totally different than when it was released.

Pezol
03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
well to be fair enough i didnt play for lats month or so i dunno how it works now, thou i can assure you that our ports are forwarded and our nat is open. well yeah its better then on release, but still that aint right.

jeffies04
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Hey guys I'd like to pop in and say that some routers are friendlier than others when it comes to letting Unity pass. I can crack all my ports wide open and forward everything and even on DMZ mode I still have connection issues. Simply put, it turned out my router is still limiting some traffic even with everything open. I was able to work with my cable company's support to test with different equipment and confirm this. So if you're still having connection issues after forwarding ports wide open, then that might be something to consider.

PS -- it also didn't matter whether I was trying to connect across the Internet or my local home network... since the router handles both it did the same thing regardless of where I was connecting to. Switching out the equipment fixed everything.

PPS -- also, if you're using classic port forwarding (i.e. forwarding port 56565 to 192.168.1.5), you're going to have a problem using multiple computers on the same network because you just told the router to forward ALL traffic on that port to that ONE computer. So if you're trying to play with someone sitting next to you on port 56565, how is that possible if all of that port's traffic is forwarded to only one machine?

Cygnifick
03-30-2015, 08:13 PM
The lack of tessellation, as promised to us prior to the game's release. See this thread here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1049815-NVIDIA-GeometryWorks-DirectX-11-Advanced-Tessellation-Update-for-AC-Unity

This still needs to be added in in a patch.

We can probably forget that feature. Just another Ubisoft lie.

robert_w88
03-30-2015, 09:32 PM
The games out, its just working, which means its fine in Ubisofts eyes.

All resources are on AC:Victoria, well 50%, the other 50% are working on the next AC.

Same old game, new city, blah blah blah..............same old stale story, forgettable characters.......urgggggggg

Why oh why is there still demand for regurgitation?

Going4Quests
04-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Tesselation is not a fault or lie by Ubisoft, but Nvidia. It was going to be a Nvidia GeForce exclusive graphical setting, to be added through a Nvidia driver update. Nividia was meant to create this, like they created a big part of Unity its graphics (which is also part of the reason why Unity runs the best on Nvidia cards in most situations).

So if you want to blame someone for Unity not having tesselation, go to the Nvidia forums please.