PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to drop the ball !?!

nagajolokia666
03-23-2015, 10:47 AM
so i saw some leaked closed alpha footage and,man this looks HORRIBLE...

for the love of god STOP dumbing down and STOP putting casual/noob friendly stuff in the game.
why on earth did you add all this crap in a "tactical shooter" stuff like:

*big 3D hud icons floating everywhere,skull/kill icons,big clustered HUD, floating points and +XP pop-ups ,big crosshair(why not put in a free-aim system?),vapor trails for bullets,a kill feed, big hitmarkers, friendlies highlighted through walls(xray vision for teammates),grenade icons and a quick grenade system,stance position icon,hit indicators,a reload warning icon,ammo pool system,(why not an magazine system?)the gunplay/handling looks casual and all the guns looked easy to shoot off the hip.totally negating the need to aim down sight and the ADS is super fast...
and many many more of this casual/noob friendly stuff ...bad....just ****ing bad.

I was so hyped for this game but now......im mad and also sad...:mad::( why just why !?!

TwilightChrono
03-23-2015, 11:12 AM
so i saw some leaked closed alpha footage and,man this looks HORRIBLE...

for the love of god STOP dumbing down and STOP putting casual/noob friendly stuff in the game.
why on earth did you add all this crap in a "tactical shooter" stuff like:

*big 3D hud icons floating everywhere,scull/kill icons,big clustered hud, floating points and +XP pop-ups big crosshair(why not put in a free-aim system?),vapor trails for bullets,a kill feed, big hitmarkers, friendlies highlighted through walls(xray vision for teammates),grenade icons and a quick grenade system,stance position icon,hit indicators,a reload warning icon,ammo pool system,(why not an magazine system)the gunplay/handling looks casual and all the guns looked easy to shoot off the hip.totally negating the need to aim down sight and the ADS is super fast...
and many many more of this casual/noob friendly stuff ...bad....just ****ing bad.

I was so hyped for this game but now......im mad and also sad...:mad::( why just why !?!

See you on release day.

In all seriousness, though. What you are saying is leaked was actually showcased. The reason why it looked like it did, was because the whole thing was scripted. Which is why they missed shots that a 3 year old could hit, for the sake of drama and showing off the game.

Don't know why you are so mad. There is no logical explanation. Are you mad because it's another game you are probably going to fail at? Or is it because it's similar to other games you have played?

Different game, different title, different company. How about you make a game, then see how you feel when people make fun of the game you worked so hard on before they have even played it. Don't judge it before you play it.

Grow up, dude.

Fero48
03-23-2015, 11:38 AM
He is not referring to the scripted E3 Demo...he is referring to the Alpha footage leaked yesterday....and indeed it looked not so good for a "tactical shooter".

R6 Harcore realism Fans are not pleased atm... the leaked Video IS only Alpha, but if that is the direction this is headed, it is just another shooter and not what old R6-Fans dreamed.

If i was an Alpha Tester right now, my Feedback would exactly be what the TS was talking about...please make changes for more realism/tactics and less "console shooter", for that is what R6 "should" be about (from my understanding of the R6 games, played from the start and loved it back in the days...).

See you on release day.

In all seriousness, though. What you are saying is leaked was actually showcased. The reason why it looked like it did, was because the whole thing was scripted. Which is why they missed shots that a 3 year old could hit, for the sake of drama and showing off the game.

Don't know why you are so mad. There is no logical explanation. Are you mad because it's another game you are probably going to fail at? Or is it because it's similar to other games you have played?

Different game, different title, different company. How about you make a game, then see how you feel when people make fun of the game you worked so hard on before they have even played it. Don't judge it before you play it.

Grow up, dude.

nagajolokia666
03-23-2015, 12:05 PM
He is not referring to the scripted E3 Demo...he is referring to the Alpha footage leaked yesterday....and indeed it looked not so good for a "tactical shooter".

yep, am referring to the alpha footage leaked yesterday.;)

and@TwilightChrono, why im mad? because i'm sick and tired of game developers /companys that say: hey lets lower the threshold and dumb down our game,it will be soooo much fun to play for a 12 old casual r etard.

nagajolokia666
03-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Agreed this isnt what they first showed us. The hud is looking far to arcade. and i knew as soon as they said it was centre screen shooting it would look arcade. If you want to be a tacticle effective shooter you habe to use barrel not screen

Hell yeah! :cool: a FREE-AIM system like in Red Orchestra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1aC4puK5R0 and INSURGENCY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWaGbn0Qo_M

Cortexian
03-23-2015, 05:30 PM
I personally don't see the massive problem with using center-of-screen bullet origin. I said this in another thread in detail so I'm not going to repeat myself, but both systems have pros and cons, and the barrel-origin system results in a game that requires more calculations and work to implement for VERY little gain.

IMO, based on the gameplay leaks I'd say this game looks extremely fun. It might not be as tactical as some of us wanted, but it still looks very fun, and there's definitely elements of strategy involved for good team-play.

xcopps
03-23-2015, 07:44 PM
from what ive seen from the plane demo...i was not pleased. but it is closed alpha so anything is possible to change

g9jeenine
03-23-2015, 09:27 PM
from what ive seen from the plane demo...i was not pleased. but it is closed alpha so anything is possible to change

Alpha aside, If this leaked gameplay was not branded Rainbow Six, I don't think I would even pay attention to it, if you know what I mean. The title is really the only thing that's holding up the game atm

nagajolokia666
03-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Alpha aside, If this leaked gameplay was not branded Rainbow Six, I don't think I would even pay attention to it, if you know what I mean. The title is really the only thing that's holding up the game atm
sad,but true:(
if they continue with this dumbing down and casual/noob friendly stuff this game will FAIL,just like other games Titanfall,Evolve,Watch Dogs,Destiny...

oOMeowthOo
03-23-2015, 10:24 PM
I will keep my mouth shut until I see the actual gameplay by myself.

Cortexian
03-24-2015, 03:52 AM
just like other games Titanfall,Evolve,Watch Dogs,Destiny...
Did those games claim to deliver a different experience than was delivered? With the exception of the Watch_Dogs graphics kerfuffle I didn't follow the other games to much or hear much about how they were a "let down" due to any kind of "casualization" process. Only negative things I've heard about those games were launch-related technical issues, and in Destiny's case, a complete lack of end-game content and stale gameplay after you play through it once.

Not really the same kind of comparison we're making about Rainbow 6. We're (the community) saying to the developers that we want a true Rainbow 6 game with a focus on the niche market of tactical gameplay that made the early games (pre-Vegas) so great. From what I've seen, this game is nothing like Vegas, which is good IMO. It's different from the original games too.

To me, Siege looks absolutely fun. It needs some work still, and some things should be changed up like magazine-ammo vs ammo-pool, x-ray vision for team mates, etc... That said, it's still in alpha. A lot of this may change before release if the community is unified about it.

RBD_MCRob
03-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Well lets not go insulting the vegas series cortexian, i mean cmon both vegas and vegas 2 were some of the best in the whole dam series and brought some things we hadn't seen before. It was vegas that gave a cover system unlike anything before, a system i have always felt since is needed in a tactical shooter because its natural to take cover. So with that i think siege looks like it has some very good potential as a great game. Im going to assume that in alpha you arnt able to turn the graphical bells and whistles on yea as the video in no way looks next gen, not a deal breaker for me if thats as good as the graphics get. What did bother me though is i saw alot of running back and forth in door ways shooting and makes me question why isnt there a vegas style cover system?? I will dis agree with the thread starter in the sense that most new to the RV6 series wont like this hard core game because its meant to be a brutal tactical shooter. I will agree that i never liked the center of screen bullets because like he said it makes hip firing kinda easy mode up to 20 or 30 yards like in grp. All in all im going to wait until i get to play the game via beta or a demo if one is released as i just wont buy the title or go all in just because its a RV6 game because unfortunately this is unbisoft.

Cortexian
03-24-2015, 05:21 PM
I didn't play much Vegas 1/2 personally because they weren't very Rainbow 6 to me. I did have fun playing them in the brief time I tried them out, but they didn't capture my interest in Rainbow 6. A lot of the vets agree with that IMO.

The third-person contextual cover system is one of the biggest points of contention that older Rainbow 6 gamers had. I'm glad they didn't implement it in Siege. It works in third person shooters, but Siege is 100% first-person I believe.

I just hope they don't add an option to go third person at will. EVERYONE in a match needs to be locked to one perspective or another, be it first or third person. If there's in-game toggling of this feature everyone will just play third-person since it affords you a huge viability advantage.

xcopps
03-24-2015, 06:32 PM

i agree. maybe if we complain more they will listen to what the fans want/need in a new rainbow. i mean they did add recoil lol

idk only time will tell, just hope they stick with there word on saying "this game will be like the older rainbow six games"

g9jeenine
03-24-2015, 08:25 PM
i mean they did add recoil lol"

That cracked me up, lol I guess your right

RBD_MCRob
03-25-2015, 03:08 AM
Well i just felt the cover system was more natural to the environment instead of the constant strafing past doorways back and forth with constant squat walking is all. I mean i get it, if they had just loaded up the first ghost recon in unreal 4, re skinned it with dx12 added the slide and cover feature and third person/first person aim and changed nothing else the game would have been a home run. Im sure the hard core players of rainbow six 1,2,3 all feel the same way, just reskin and update those 3 games into one new game with little to no major changes and they would be in dream land right?

I mean honestly this game looks like its going to have all the key elements of old and honestly dont know why some are freaking out about the silly stuff like the hud or xp and all that stuff. i mean the fact is you cant create a game that's most appealing to the 35+ crowed either, this is a niche game but if the game is far to niche then it doesn't stand a great chance in sales, so there must be some medium that works for all right? I mean were getting some old stuff and some new stuff but the core of the game being a single life tactical shooter is what most really want. So at the end of the day they do need to find that place the pleases the old school gamer as we march in the new school gamer in hopes of giving them both something that attracts them to the title.

ERIXX-5SM
03-25-2015, 08:32 AM
It is just a SUM OF ALL FEARS: if content goes down to console kiddie levels and price goes up to console monopoly levels, it is a hard buy for a PC adult :)

Hi to all. BTW. OriginalGhost Recon was also monitor-centered shooting,and the movement detectors was all we needed in regards ith gadgets!

nagajolokia666
03-25-2015, 11:09 AM
... and honestly dont know why some are freaking out about the silly stuff like the hud or xp and all that stuff.
because all this hand holding it makes the game very easy to play and intellectually unsatisfying and therefore boring as hell...

-why equip a grenade in your hand,and risk to get shoot in the process,if you can just push a "quick throw" grenade button?

-why use iron sights and aim down sight combined with free-aim ,if you have a big *** crosshair and a arcade centre screen shooting thing to shoot from the hip?

-why conserve ammo and watch your fire, if you have a magazine ammo system...if you can just spray and pray and reload every 5 second with an ammo poll system?

-why use your eyes to confirm a kill ,if you have a big *** pop-up to show you that you got a headshot and 100 points +XP and a ribbon,and two medals and 500 +XP for just being awesome...

-why not try to count the rounds you fire and then reload, instead a reload warning icon poping in your face saying you must reload your weapon
-why use your eyes and ears to see/hear where you being shoot at, if a arrow shows you the direction of the bad guy?

why must all modern games be so casual/noob friendly and mainstream?!? is it money?,...because if the game is/will be good,and has great different solid gameplay, the money will come by its own;) and the game will leave its mark in history as one of the best tactical shooter,BUT...if it is just another overhyped cash grab wannabe CoD hollywood game it will fail big time and it will be forgotten in 3-4 months.

I was so hyped for this game,...finally a new tactical Rainbow Six game YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH :cool: ...but now(after the leaked alpha video)wtf is this! a wannabe COD/Counter Strike:GO type of game made for consoles with destruction?,...and the target audience are 12 years old brain dead kids???

Are you really going to drop the ball, on this one UBISOFT?!?

RBD_MCRob
03-25-2015, 01:16 PM
because all this hand holding it makes the game very easy to play and intellectually unsatisfying and therefore boring as hell...

-why equip a grenade in your hand,and risk to get shoot in the process,if you can just push a "quick throw" grenade button?

-why use iron sights and aim down sight combined with free-aim ,if you have a big *** crosshair and a arcade centre screen shooting thing to shoot from the hip?

-why conserve ammo and watch your fire, if you have a magazine ammo system...if you can just spray and pray and reload every 5 second with an ammo poll system?

-why use your eyes to confirm a kill ,if you have a big *** pop-up to show you that you got a headshot and 100 points +XP and a ribbon,and two medals and 500 +XP for just being awesome...

-why not try to count the rounds you fire and then reload, instead a reload warning icon popping in your face saying you must reload your weapon
-why use your eyes and ears to see/hear where you being shoot at, if a arrow shows you the direction of the bad guy?

why must all modern games be so casual/noob friendly and mainstream?!? is it money?,...because if the game is/will be good,and has great different solid gameplay, the money will come by its own;) and the game will leave its mark in history as one of the best tactical shooter,BUT...if it is just another overhyped cash grab wannabe CoD hollywood game it will fail big time and it will be forgotten in 3-4 months.

I was so hyped for this game,...finally a new tactical Rainbow Six game YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH :cool: ...but now(after the leaked alpha video)wtf is this! a wannabe COD/Counter Strike:GO type of game made for consoles with destruction?,...and the target audience are 12 years old brain dead kids???

Are you really going to drop the ball, on this one UBISOFT?!?

Well i understand what your saying and makes a little more sense then the beginning rant but i want to make sure i understand completely.

1) The game shouldn't tell you to reload right? If your not smart enough to reload before your gun go's click click click then shame on you right?

2) The HUD/Crosshairs should be very small and almost non existent right? This why it takes true skill to hit your targets when sighting them up right?

3) Center screen shooting, completely agree with this one on every level and why its still used i have no idea quite honestly.

4) 0 Notifications really all together, i don't want to know if i got the kill,i don't want achievements for anything i do in the game including xp for any type of level progression right?

5) Quick grenades, So you shouldn't be able to tap a key to lob a quick toss grenade? We should only be able to equip a grenade and should i be shot before being thrown guess what boom and anyone near me right? I guess that wouldn't be a bad thing and a bit more realistic for sure!

6) Lastly no sound notifications like the direction shots are being fire right? I mean if you have crappy head phones or speakers then shame on you and its your funeral to say the least right?

What you want is the hardest of the hard core style shooter relying souly on your eyes and ears, no frills and the steepest learning curve possible for new players and the old ones who loved games made this way. I think i get it now, get rid of everything mainstream about the game completely,offer features only the guys 35+ gamers want who are also the biggest cheer leaders for the first 2 or 3 RV6 games with dx 12 graphics and call it a day. This all might sound very well and good but unfortunately unless people get together and make that game, well its not going to be made. The fact is sometimes hardcore fans say this game sucks or whatever but it appealed to everyone who wasn't in that small niche group.

I mean lets be honest we as gamers very rarely ever get what we want from a title because they either dont want to make it,they don't want to make it your way and in the end your left with a game you dont like. This is why i think there atleast trying to find that middle ground a little bit with this game because if they made it your way it might sell but non like minded folks will hate it completely. ( i know you don't care about that lol ) If they make the game the complete opposite then the small 25% niche group despise it and trash it as a hollywood newb,casual gamer ( you know those guys you try and drive out of games because your better then them ) style game that just s**ts on what RV6 stood for completely. Now lest be honest though, clearly your not going to get the game you want, lets be clear about that, so are you going to keep complaining until they completely change the game when there not going to? I mean thats the end game here, the game is finished for the most part, no major changes are going to happen to the title, what you see in alpha footage is what your getting, so what now?

nagajolokia666
03-25-2015, 01:41 PM
I mean thats the end game here, the game is finished for the most part, no major changes are going to happen to the title, what you see in alpha footage is what your getting, so what now?maybe this?:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3C4fdxMUQ
the sandwich is Rainbow Six: Siege

also watch this video and you will understand,what we lost in games why we as gamers must demand more from our games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osYqayiNBng

@and i think you misunderstand the 6) i want sound of the direction shots are being fire from,...what i dont want is some red arrow pointing in the direction shots are being fire from.

and progression is OK,but not in my face all the time and with pop ups.maybe something in the end of a round.

RBD_MCRob
03-25-2015, 02:59 PM
maybe this?:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3C4fdxMUQ
the sandwich is Rainbow Six: Siege

also watch this video and you will understand,what we lost in games why we a gamers must demand more from our games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osYqayiNBng

@and i think you misunderstand the 6) i want sound of the direction shots are being fire from,...what i dont want is some red arrow pointing in the direction shots are being fire from.

and progression is OK,but not in my face all the time and with pop ups.maybe something in the end of a round.

Well i agree the in your face "fatality" if you will is by all accounts a bit cheesy to say the least and certain things for progression could be left to be displayed at the end of the match for sure. I get the arcade concept and its not always a good one and why i said there has to be small/minimal changes that could be made to appease those wanting a slightly different experience from the game. I think achievements are great but you can have a leader board to display certain things like most head shots and such instead of the game screaming "HEADSHOT" the moment it happens. This does take away from the immersed feeling one gets being on pins and needles in a game that a single mistake can be the game changer making it a distraction.

So this is why one solution would be to have it in the options to turn certain or all notifications off because to some players they dont care and dont need it to pop up when they happen,right? They could also add a simple xp bar at the bottom of the ui that shows your progression at a glance but doesnt take your attention away from the task at hand of winning the match. I would also have a feature rich custom match maker when setting up clan matches allowing players to decide how hard core they want to be or not to be when competing. This would also allow leagues and tournaments to have brackets from hard core bracket to non hard core bracket based on the play styles and features that are turned on or off in the match.

When it comes to the mini map and shots fired, i would change it to a small red glow that happens for 1 second that shows the area a sound or shot was heard within your earshot. This would be far less intrusive to the player and thats the point here right? We dont want distractions and things feeling very intrusive in a game we want to be immersed in and taking away from our gaming experience in the least. So see these are all little changes that can be made and allows the players to choose there experience instead of forcing a single experience on the player. If a player wants a smaller hud, great we have 8/10 huds to choose from that allow you to have the best possible experience in the game,turn off notifications and so on.

So i say try and find the good in what the game offers and then lets compile a list of what small changes we feel can be made without over all changing the game that aren't possible at this point. The fact is this was are biggest complaint with ghost recon phantoms, here you have this great game people loved and with some good changes the game could have been a home run. The fact is though every change we wanted that was implemented came at a cost to the player making it an overall negative experience for the gamer. We have a chance to take all the little things we dislike here and suggest little changes to find that happy middle ground allowing everyone to get maybe something they want from the title.

I say instead of feeling and saying all is lost, the game is ruined and all that we try and have our voices heard and see if we can get some of those little changes made. If they decide to completely ignore those people then the pitch forks can be lit and riot in the streets but lets see if we can make a difference first and understand we wont get everything we want but a few things is better then nothing.

nagajolokia666
03-25-2015, 03:34 PM
@Lokiey1973

sounds good :)

something like two versions of this game,that are completely different and built for a specific platform and player,this means we need a PC version that is built for the pc and a Console version that is built for the console,so both sides get the best possible experience....and not some ports

and as we see that the community is split,we have the hardcore and the casual players ,so i think we also need two versions of game modes:a hardcore mode and a easy mode.

so "hardcore" mode, would have stuff like...a nice and clean minimalictic HUD,with NO killfeed,NO crosshair (but with a free-aim system) ,NO ammo pool system( but with a magazine system), with more weapon recoil (especially on the PC),with NO quick grenade button and NO grenade/hit or other markers and indicators...and NO other casual stuff.
just pure,nice and clean tactical gameplay

and so the "easy" mode can have all the other stuff with no problems,and both sides are happy!?:)

all this cost money,time and resources,but i think this is the right way.because you cannot cater to both crowds,...with one game (PC or Console main focus version)and just one gamemode(easy or hardcore)It really does make the title suffer for both sides.

Reaper3321
03-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Looks like a ton of fun to me with lots of team play possible. But then again the last Tom Clancy game I bought was back around 2001. As long as the game functions i'm sold basically. But well see if that part holds up in beta. For a more traditional game play there will probably be a hardcore mode or something along those lines.

RedKnight5
03-26-2015, 07:54 PM
The only problem with that is when you give people that option between hardcore and ""easy"" or what ever they call it is most people lean towards the easier mode leaving the people that wanted to hardcore it up have very few servers/people to go at it with.

That could be true... but I think that depends on the size of the player community that will support RB6 Siege. Of course, that also assumes, that RB6 Siege will have online Dedicated Servers to choose your MP matches from. If not... this all goes out the window.

I can't speak for the CoD games... but I know the Battlefield games like BF3 and BF4 have both Hardcore and normal(casual) game modes. When I was still playing BF3 and BF4, it was no problem finding many game servers to choose from for either mode. Since BF4 is only one of the two games I have for my PS4 currently... I don't know about other Next-Gen games out there, offering both game modes. But I would expect most do.

For a new Rainbow6 Siege game... I think it all depends on how the game is reviewed by the Game Press and received by the gaming public on it's release day... to judge just how large a new RB6 player community could reach. I don't see RB6 Siege ever getting close to the sales potential of a future CoD or a Battlefield game. The Rainbow6 games are more similar to the old SOCOM games. RB6's player community is far more specialized and only has a long term player potential, from a smaller group of the more serious seeking military/tactics crowd. RB6 Siege will struggle and have an uphill battle against it's competition for sales, when Siege is released. If Siege is released sometime in October 2015, well before the Holidays and in-between the other big game releases... it has a chance to be seen by players that have never heard of a Rainbow6 game in their lives. And today... that's the majority of the current gaming public. And as far as some of you here think that the CoD and the Battlefield franchises are on their last legs and dieing out... you just keep drinking that Cool-Ad!

Lots of talk and suggestions going on in the Forums for UbiSoft to create Rainbow6 Siege for two unique platforms. One for PC and the other for the Next-Gen consoles. One for casual players and one for serious hardcore players. And if that is done... also consider there's a lot of serious hardcore players on the consoles also!! So you are really asking UbiSoft to create up to 4 very different RB6 games at the same time. Some PC players seem to think, that they are the only "serious" RB6 players... and they don't want a "console version" of RB6 Siege to infect the PC version and cheapen it to a game that they think is unworthy for their experience. If UbiSoft takes this route and tries to make "everyone" happy... with an already niche game... that would be financial suicide and the end of the Rainbow6 franchise.

I believe UbiSoft only has the financial backing to make one game that tries to ride down the center of the road and hopes to please both sides of their customer base, that Rainbow6 still has left from RB6's long history. And that says nothing about the possible NEW players, that will see this "Rainbow6" game this holiday season and will want to give something new a try. Those potential new players will decide the fate of Rainbow6's future. The majority coming from the Next-Gen console worlds and "some/many" coming from the PC world. Although... I don't see the PC gaming world keeping RB6 alive and healthy all by themselves, not by a long shot.

At this time... we have no idea how RB6 Siege will end up. As of now, we have only glimpses and rumors... but no hard facts from UbiSoft. And I believe UbiSoft has been listening to it's current hardcore players from the past... and wants to try to give you a game you'll be satisfied with. That satisfaction will come with compromises though, for both the PC and the console worlds. I don't believe UbiSoft has pockets deep enough to make everyone completely happy on release day.

I would hope, that the PS3 and xBox360 last-gen consoles are finely left behind... as developing a game for ALL gaming systems wil create nothing but hassles and technical problems for UbiSoft and drive up the cost of making the game. EA/DICE did this with BF4... and we know how that turned out. I guess CoD AW went the same route. Of course... there is still a lot of money being spent in the PS3 and xBox360 worlds and will be for years to come... and it's hard for a game developer to pass up those sales!! But I think it's time to move on and for the new great games... to be on the Next-Gen consoles and the newer PCs.

Of course... what do I know! I'm currently in Arkham Asylum. :p LMAO!!

BobbyBoyGaming
03-27-2015, 04:57 AM
Nothing in this game is remotely a remake of the old Rainbow Six. Ubisoft has done false advertising stunts many times.

1. This game is not intended to be a "hardcore shooter" even if the developers may be "suggesting" it. They are lying, just look at all the videos. It is obvious they just wanna latch on to a chunk of CSGO's market share.

2. You are ranting about a game not being realistic, when it's biggest "selling point" is the fact that you will be able to pull planks out of your *** and build barricades and then take them down like nothing. Wake up dude, the game is crap!

3. This game is gonna suck man. Just go get Insurgency. This game will not have anti-cheat, will not have dedicated servers, and will have a ****ty community full of noobs without microphones. Seriously just get Insurgency or CSGO. Valve and other indie devs have a better track record of supporting their games.

Ubisoft will never answer questions regarding dedicated servers and anti-cheat systems, and they will post "pre-ordering" ads before they ever even considering answering those questions. They will dodge questions that may compromise their sales, or just outright lie when they answer. Just do yourself a favor and don't buy this game. Unless you want to be disappointed.]

I've been around since Rainbow Six Rogue Spear.... Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

RedKnight5
03-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Nothing in this game is remotely a remake of the old Rainbow Six. Ubisoft has done false advertising stunts many times.

1. This game is not intended to be a "hardcore shooter" even if the developers may be "suggesting" it. They are lying, just look at all the videos. It is obvious they just wanna latch on to a chunk of CSGO's market share.

2. You are ranting about a game not being realistic, when it's biggest "selling point" is the fact that you will be able to pull planks out of your *** and build barricades and then take them down like nothing. Wake up dude, the game is crap!

3. This game is gonna suck man. Just go get Insurgency. This game will not have anti-cheat, will not have dedicated servers, and will have a ****ty community full of noobs without microphones. Seriously just get Insurgency or CSGO. Valve and other indie devs have a better track record of supporting their games.

Ubisoft will never answer questions regarding dedicated servers and anti-cheat systems, and they will post "pre-ordering" ads before they ever even considering answering those questions. They will dodge questions that may compromise their sales, or just outright lie when they answer. Just do yourself a favor and don't buy this game. Unless you want to be disappointed.]

I've been around since Rainbow Six Rogue Spear.... Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

With all due respect.... your post is just a tad negative at this point in time.

UbiSoft has had some major stumbling issues in the last few years. What new Next-Gen game developer hasn't?

UbiSoft has made the investment and time to create a new Rainbow6 game... knowing the history of all the Rainblw6 games. Good ones and bad.

We haven't seen a new Rainbow6 game in a long... long time. If UbiSoft screws this up... they must know their Rainbow6 franchise is dead going forward for the future.

UbiSoft has delayed and totally remade this game at least once or more. Hopefully, UbiSoft has listened to it's past players and realized more time was needed to make this game right for the majority of their players.

Details are sparse on the game as of now. That may be good... or bad. No one can tell yet. Promise to much... and disappoint your customers. Look to the current BF4 and COD AW games. Don't say enough... and you still get Hell from your customers. It might be best to keep it zipped for now... until UbiSoft figures this out.

We have no idea at this time... if Siege will "suck" or not. This is a new game and prejudging it before it's even released is just not helpful.

Lets wait, be patient and give this developer time to prove Rainbow6 can come back in all it's glory... or not.

Telling the folks on this RB6 Forum... to NOT buy this game... because you've made the determination that the game "sucks" without even playing it... shows your prejudice and bias. Give UbiSoft some time to work their magic.

Oh.... and I don't trust anyone, that tells me NOT to buy something, because he can only see what's behind him. When the game is released and I have a chance to see how the game turned out... then I will make my decision. I suggest you stop back next year... and get a clue.

BobbyBoyGaming
03-27-2015, 08:26 PM
With all due respect.... your post is just a tad negative at this point in time.

UbiSoft has had some major stumbling issues in the last few years. What new Next-Gen game developer hasn't?

UbiSoft has made the investment and time to create a new Rainbow6 game... knowing the history of all the Rainblw6 games. Good ones and bad.

We haven't seen a new Rainbow6 game in a long... long time. If UbiSoft screws this up... they must know their Rainbow6 franchise is dead going forward for the future.

UbiSoft has delayed and totally remade this game at least once or more. Hopefully, UbiSoft has listened to it's past players and realized more time was needed to make this game right for the majority of their players.

Details are sparse on the game as of now. That may be good... or bad. No one can tell yet. Promise to much... and disappoint your customers. Look to the current BF4 and COD AW games. Don't say enough... and you still get Hell from your customers. It might be best to keep it zipped for now... until UbiSoft figures this out.

We have no idea at this time... if Siege will "suck" or not. This is a new game and prejudging it before it's even released is just not helpful.

Lets wait, be patient and give this developer time to prove Rainbow6 can come back in all it's glory... or not.

Telling the folks on this RB6 Forum... to NOT buy this game... because you've made the determination that the game "sucks" without even playing it... shows your prejudice and bias. Give UbiSoft some time to work their magic

Oh.... and I don't trust anyone, that tells me NOT to buy something, because he can only see what's behind him. When the game is released and I have a chance to see how the game turned out... then I will make my decision. I suggest you stop back next year... and get a clue.

Watch the Alpha video and see for yourself, nothing have said is being made up. There is no way in hell this game will have dedicated servers if you can see from the leaked alpha footage that it is a matchmaking system with an intermission between the games. I it is just a console party system and it will be a console port. It doesn't even give you a start button, it is all "done automatically" for you... But do whatever you want with your money. I'd rather spend it as wisely as possible.

And I am not just referring to the past of the R6 series, every Ubisoft franchise (Splinter cell, Watchdogs, far cry, R6, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed) has had the same development problems so there isn't really any point in hoping for some kind of "magic miracle" it is simply how Ubisoft works in game development. If the same issues are affecting all of their games, you can safely assume those issues have been deliberately ignored.

They are just marketting R6 as "A tactical shooter to challange CSGO, which is also a successor to Rogue Spear and Raven Shield", but without anticheat, and without long term patching support, and without dedicated servers, this is virtually impossible. Do any of you guys really expect Ubisoft to release more than 4 patches for this game?

The only way they would even consider supporting this game is if they could guarantee a constant source of income, like Valve with their micro-transactions... Nowadays it is only financially feasible to make long-lasting games through micro-transactions, and thus the way Ubisoft is making it's games is only intended for short-term profit rather than long-term support.

zd3_Anders
03-28-2015, 06:19 AM
I guess we will just have to wait and see with the closed alpha. Hopefully there's no NDA and we can stream the content. Perhaps there are different modes, a more arcade-like version with player assistance features like x-ray, xp, hit indicators, etc., and a competitive version which would target a particular type of audience... I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

Oh and shout out to DMF :)

RBD_MCRob
03-28-2015, 11:58 AM
I guess we will just have to wait and see with the closed alpha. Hopefully there's no NDA and we can stream the content. Perhaps there are different modes, a more arcade-like version with player assistance features like x-ray, xp, hit indicators, etc., and a competitive version which would target a particular type of audience... I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

Oh and shout out to DMF :)

Its always a pleasure to see yea anders im sure you like me have been waiting on this title to finally break free of the broken chains down the street and play a serious tactical shooter. I think though we do have to make sure the developers here know this game has to be feature rich for the communities because of all the play styles and broad target audience. I personally dont care what they put in as long as there are things we can turn off that we either feel arnt essential to are game experience but also features for clan matching. This has always been the issue in the past ( one of many ) with GRP and by the time we got feature rich matching it was too little too late and you have to pay for it. This is why im personally excited about this title being a box title and hope they get it atleast 1/2 right to make the game fun and most of all for us competitive. I say if all go's well we do our first clan match against one another, forget the past and start fresh in a new game and pretend the last 3 years of our lives never happened lol.

Cheers Anders!

Lokiey

nagajolokia666
03-30-2015, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVR7UOLCPc

...god i just hope for some sort of HARDCORE gamemode that will REMOVE all this casual/noob CoD stuff like:

big 3D hud icons floating everywhere,skull/kill icons,big clustered hud, floating points and +XP pop-ups ,big crosshair(why not put in a free-aim system?),vapor trails for bullets,a kill feed, big hitmarkers, friendlies highlighted through walls(xray vision for teammates),grenade icons/indicators and a quick grenade system,stance position icon,hit indicators,a reload warning icon/indicators,ammo pool system,(why not an magazine system?)the gunplay/handling looks casual and all the guns looked easy to shoot off the hip.totally negating the need to aim down sight and the ADS is super fast...and many many more of this casual/noob friendly stuff.

W4icc
03-31-2015, 07:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVR7UOLCPc

...god i just hope for some sort of HARDCORE gamemode that will REMOVE all this casual/noob CoD stuff like:

big 3D hud icons floating everywhere,skull/kill icons,big clustered hud, floating points and +XP pop-ups ,big crosshair(why not put in a free-aim system?),vapor trails for bullets,a kill feed, big hitmarkers, friendlies highlighted through walls(xray vision for teammates),grenade icons/indicators and a quick grenade system,stance position icon,hit indicators,a reload warning icon/indicators,ammo pool system,(why not an magazine system?)the gunplay/handling looks casual and all the guns looked easy to shoot off the hip.totally negating the need to aim down sight and the ADS is super fast...and many many more of this casual/noob friendly stuff.

/sign your post... first gameplay videos of Siege looked so impressive, like a Swat 5.

Now i checked the new Alpha Videos and Operators... horrible, just horrible. Sure, its only Alpha, but all the indications are that the're going the COD/CS/BF/WHATEVER way.

They only good thing i saw was the plane map, looks nice though.

All they have to do was to insert a movement system like, for example, ARMA 3... just slow, tactical and intense, but this is a hard fail for all Ravenshield Fans. :(

Sry for bad english...

se7enX89X
04-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Graphics are terrible and mediocre at best. Doesn't look anything like it did at E3. Will be very cautious on purchasing this one along with "The Division" as well. Ubisoft has been dropping the ball lately, far cry 4 as an example. Such ashame.:mad:

TitusSolaris
04-10-2015, 01:11 PM
See you on release day.

Grow up, dude.

Your response is exactly what I would expect from someone who can't handle criticism. It's unfortunate but I have to agree with the other guy and I've been playing the Alpha myself. It just feels like a reskined COD with some tactical elements. The flow of the game itself just feels sluggish I almost want to say consolish.... The ideas are sound the execution not so much. A products success is not determined by it's ideas but by it's execution. I have to say my personal hype for this game has gone down significantly because of a lot of the stuff mentioned above.

nagajolokia666
04-12-2015, 12:23 PM
It just feels like a reskined COD with some tactical elements. The flow of the game itself just feels sluggish I almost want to say consolish.... The ideas are sound the execution not so much. A products success is not determined by it's ideas but by it's execution. I have to say my personal hype for this game has gone down significantly because of a lot of the stuff mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF6mCWs11Yk